Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

i b new member

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by oli, Feb 25, 2011.

1. oli

oli Active Member Forum Member

Feb 25, 2011
     United Kingdom
    :beer: :beer: :beer: :lmao: :lmao:

I am a new member to anarcho-punk.net though I have dipped in now n then as a non member for a while.

I am an anarchist but think that changes need to be made to society and society’s thought patterns in a methodical way, if you snapped your fingers and all states fell tomorrow I think the world could be even more fucked than today.

I am interested in community living and re-organisation of our lives in order to make change.

I don't live up to these aims and would not claim to be politically correct, but am trying to make small changes to improve my life such as growing food and brewing my own beer (to a certain extent) in order to reduce my reliance on the capitalist system.

I reckon that the more living, working and partying we do in a communal sense increases the possibilities of us becoming free from capitalism and allows us to become more self sufficient.

I have been into anarcho punk since I was fourteen, that's eighteen years (the first band I got into was dead kennedys), though I am not part of a local scene and am not musical, I have never been in a band. I am also into a wide range of other music.

I re-locate where I am living often but am currently based near Edinburgh and Dundee, Scotland and am interested to know what's going on in these towns, punk gigs, etc. I went to a ten day punxs picnic in edinburgh when I was sixteen or seventeen but do not know what is going on there now and where the venues are who the organisers are, etc. I did a little searching and found bannermans and henry's cellar bar on net but can't find a lot of gig listings.

I am also interested in communicating with anyone interested in setting up social centres, co-ops and communities in this region.

Also what happened to terminus (wow recs...i thinks) i'd love to get hold of an album.

I have just got into free software and am running debian (linux) apparently rar files are non free so would suggest using zip is politically better.

I have just been hanging out with some friends from Basque and they say that eskorbuto, zartako, and rebelion are basque bands not catalan , cuba...... as was listed on anarco-punk.net.

Cheers

oli

2. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Welcome :)

3. oli

Feb 25, 2011
     United Kingdom
    cheers mate, just finished work @ town transition bar - the cider calls!!!

4. oli

Feb 25, 2011
     United Kingdom
    don't know what go's on where u r but i am disillusioned with transition town, meant to be re-organizing for oil running out, but too many middle class basket weavin wankers involved