Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hunters and Collectors OZ New Wave Talking to a Stranger-Jaws of Life-Lumps of Lead EP

Discussion in 'Other downloads' started by 1xAntifa, Dec 23, 2019.

1. 1xAntifa

1xAntifaExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia Australia
    Hunters and Collectors melbourne outfit with interesting synth funk combo.zip

To access hit zip extractor and enter your email. It should work. If not please PM me. It's costing me $$ and is pointless if I cannot share.

Hunters & Collectors
    are an Australian rock band formed in 1981. Fronted by founding mainstay, singer-songwriter and guitarist Mark Seymour, they developed a blend of pub rock and art-funk. Other mainstays are John Archer on bass guitar, Doug Falconer on drums and percussion. Soon after forming they were joined by Jack Howard on trumpet and keyboards, Jeremy Smith on French horn, guitars and keyboards, and Michael Waters on trombone and keyboards. Also acknowledged as a founder was engineer and art designer Robert Miles. Joining in 1988, Barry Palmer, on lead guitar, remained until they disbanded in 1998. The group reformed in 2013 with the 1998 line-up.

Talking to a Stranger 1982

Tracklist
    Talking To A Stranger 7:18
    Alligator Engine 5:45
    Skin Of Our Teeth 7:51
    Scream Who 4:04
    Junket Head 5:39
    Boo Boo Kiss 5:39
    Tender Kinder Baby 4:38
    Run Run Run 8:54

Jaws of Life 1984

Tracklist
    42 Wheels 3:18
    Holding Down A D 3:40
    The Way To Go Out 3:21
    I Couldn't Give It To You 3:31
    Its Early Days Yet 2:54
    I Believe 2:54
    Betty's Worry Or The Slab 3:55
    Hayley's Doorstep 5:35
    Red Lane 3:44
    Carry Me 4:10
    Little Chalkie 3:25

lumps of Lead EP 1984

Towtruck
    Droptank
    Mouthtrap
    Lumps of Lead

White Records

2. The Hat

The HatExperienced Member Experienced member

I vaguely remember they were sort of popular among fans of New Wave in the early 80s.

3. 1xAntifa

1xAntifaExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia Australia
    The 1st LP is the best they ever did in my opinion. They had a hit with Betty's Worry [The Slab] and the 4th LP, Human Frailty went stratospheric here, marking their cross-over into the mainstream.

4 members have read this thread this month

1. 1xAntifa
  2. The Hat
  3. CULTO DEL CARGO
  4. punkmar77