Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

How to make money, without employment.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marzz, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Marzz

Marzz Experienced Member Experienced member

Apr 27, 2010

Hey, I was wondering what are some of your ways to make money without actual "formal" employment? I am very broke, and my parents aren't exactly the type to give me money (even for working around the house for them). I would like to be able to afford some more musical equipment and of course other recreational things. Any tips would be appreciated.

2. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Guess it depends heavily where you live, some of the local punks do things like this:

# collecting bottles and cans and earn the bottle deposit
    # offering on-demand services like walking the dog, doing shopping for elders, mowing lawns, cleaning cars
    # some organized an on-demand moving-service - they are really successfull, I do the driving here and then
    # some do the good old busking in the pedestrian area around the consumers paradises in the city
    # public services ask for "interviewers" collecting data for statistics, not a long time job, but well paid.

3. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 28, 2010

what about working unofficially? (e.g. 'black', here in germany ''schwarzarbeiten'')

results: avoidance of the tax-system, no income taxes and so on...
    result: the state gets less money from you, ofc.

needs a friendly entrepreneur (?), someone who does not exploit you, and has got a (mostly) similar attitude towards money, work, taxes, and so on...

would be illegal, of course!!! :ecouteurs:

4. ChaosUK

ChaosUK Active Member Forum Member

Apr 9, 2011

Here is an interesting way which I have learned from the internet. This isn't really getting free money, and you slightly have to work, but trust me this would be an interesting ring to run on this site

You can guess where I lifted this guide from, but trust me, ignore where it is from and do what it says. I made $5 in my first day.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2e1zjnb.jpg
    (Image was too big, sorry)

Now you may be thinking "But Chaos! You are displaying corporate ads on a blog from a corporate site! That's not anarchy! You're bending over for big business and being their slave!", Which if you thought this, I promptly will laugh at you. How Ads work on the internet is some company makes a product that they want to show off, and will pay anyone to display these ads to get potential customers. People within these blogger rings will most likely never buy the displayed products EVER because they want money too, and they have better things to buy (Like food). But so, essentially what you are doing is the opposite of your assumed accusation, you are raping big business because you are using THEM for money. They are getting NO potential customers of their products what so ever, and you are essentially stealing money from them and the only reason WHY you can steal money from them is because you are being a "Legitimate Blogger". Now what you make these blog posts about is whatever you want; no one in these rings will actually reads these posts and it's called a ring because everyone views each others blog, clicks an ad, and skips off to look at their adsense. So POSTING DOESN'T REALLY MATTER, YOU ARE PRETENDING TO BE A LEGITIMATE BLOGGER, YOU ARE NOT REALLY A LEGITIMATE BLOGGER. AGAIN, The purpose of ads are to rake in potential customers to buy their products and they will do ANYTHING to get their products heard of, you are essentially faking these potential customers and raking in the money that they promised you for displaying their ads. This isn't exactly the best way to be an anarchist and get money, but it is effective, and you are raping big business by playing their own game against them.
    Enjoy.

5. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

rob banks.

even better, do cash in hand work whilst still claiming the dole. ;)
    having said that, getting paid under the table sounds good, but often can be shit as you have no job security (not that you have much with formal employment..), you often get paid below minimum wage, no award wages, no overtime pay, etc, etc. well that's my experience of working off the books.

6. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

lots of people already had the very same questionable idea, the pop up annoyance got more and more ridicilous, and the money you can earn after the ad-rush is almost over is almost as ridicilous.

And be very careful in certain work fields - doing construction work "under the table"/ without insurance and having an accident means trouble you never have dreamed of, not even in your worst nightmare...

7. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 28, 2010

fantastic idea as well... ;)

yes, it's quite difficult finding someone who doesn't rape you in terms of reward and working conditions...
    although my experience is far better there... (i could, if i want to, make a good amount of money off it... :ecouteurs: )

8. Marzz

Apr 27, 2010

That blogger scam looks interesting, but do you need a credit card to get your money into your account?

9. Marzz

Apr 27, 2010

Or not a credit card, but some type of credit account?

10. ChaosUK

Apr 9, 2011

Nope, just a Bank Account where you can cash your google checks, or Paypal if you don't want your parents to know you're scamming google (If you're underaged such as I)

11. Marzz

Apr 27, 2010

Ah, I'll look into a paypal account. This method looks interesting the say the least.

12. ChaosUK

Apr 9, 2011

i also forgot to mention Metal-scrapping. The only thing you require is a big car/truck and patience. Since you can't exactly throw away metal, and it's bad if most people do it anyway, people will put metal objects with their trash. All you have to do is circle around neighborhoods, take the metal object, dismantle it and only snag the metal on it. Most metal objects in MI go for for a decent amount (like 50 cents per pound of iron). It's decent, but several people do scrap metal, so you have to be quick and grab what you can!

13. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
  14. jjk3546

jjk3546 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 29, 2010

I normally strongarm purses from chicks outside of mainstream venues. I've made over a gtand in one night doing that. Risky though.

15. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

If I were you, I wouldn't admit to running any scams on here. Never admit to anything where others can see/hear it.

I hope you're joking.

16. ReclaimTheNation

ReclaimTheNation Member Forum Member

Apr 12, 2011

me too

17. jjk3546

jjk3546 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 29, 2010

Good to be among friends.

18. Warfiend

Warfiend Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 11, 2011

If you don't mind working occassionally, most people I know get work at festivals (usely litter picking). Most people work pretty much the whole festival seasons at shit festivals they wouldn't want to goto anyway, then use the money to goto festivals THEY DO want to go to - and live the rest of the year.

Most of the money I make comes from designing gig posters for a local promoter. It's pretty shit pay (£20 per poster) and the work is very rare in between (one or two jobs a month) and I'm always in debt... but hey, at least I'm not funding the man!

19. ViciousCesar!

ViciousCesar! Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 27, 2011

Get a little start up cash, start screening your own shirts (or patches), get button maker, set up an online distro, sit back, and watch the dough roll in.
    :ecouteurs:

20. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

some time ago i started fooling around with a camera, i'm relatively new on this and just tried to meet the cliches of the usual major postmodernist genres, quite a bit boring, i only wanted to find out how to do it.
    an acquaintance of a friend rummaged through the heap of pictures and went off with a handfull, showing them to a editor of a newspaper - and returned with a cheque - easy money for a little bit practice.