Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

How to easily mass-remove the (www.anarcho-punk.net) tags from your music files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DEADCOP_ONaROPE, Nov 23, 2012.

1. DEADCOP_ONaROPE

DEADCOP_ONaROPE Active Member Forum Member

Oct 20, 2009

I had downloaded a few torrents that I suppose originated from this site, as every single folder/file was tagged with the full url (www.Anarcho-Punk.net). I started going through one-by-one renaming all of the files, when I thought, "Hey, there's got to be a way to easily do this". Did a little googling and came up with this, the ant renamer.

http://www.antp.be/software/renamer/download

Free download, and very easily gets rid of those pesky, lengthy tags. Wtf is it really necessary to put them on EVERY TRACK NAME? I think the .txt files are enough shameless plugs! I get it already.

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    So it bothers you that the thousands of hours that it took to upload the music that you are receiving for free has a tag in it to let people know where it came from...sorry for fucking annoying you mate :ecouteurs:

3. DEADCOP_ONaROPE

DEADCOP_ONaROPE Active Member Forum Member

Oct 20, 2009

Like I said, it would be enough to simply leave the .txt file, everyone sees that. But to insert the url at the beginning of every single individual mp3 file and folder is a bit excessive, and it does become annoying when playing the files (especially on a car stereo), adding them to a play list, burning them onto a cd, all one sees is the url...

I didn't think you would be so offended, surely you must realize that it is not a very courteous thing to do, and that inevitably there's going to be someone who just wants to see the band name and the song, not a scrolling url to a site that they already know exists. No worries though, I've got the fix. Also, I've contributed several missing albums to the site myself, and they don't point to my website.

Thousands of hours? One thousand hours is 41 days. I probably could have done it for you in one. Next time hmu.
    And really, you should be pointing to the artists websites, not your own, since you already generate traffic to yours off of their sweat while offering them nothing.

4. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Look I don't really care in what fantasy-land you could upload thousands of hours of music and text individually from scratch in 1 day...and you completely exaggerate the fact that every single uploaded individual mp3 has the tag on it, yes 3 years ago when the initial files were uploaded that mistake was made, but then we simply tagged the folder..coming on here and talking shit about it and using CAPS LOCK to get your point across was unnecessary...and now talking additional shit about us essentially ripping off the bands? You have no idea how much support we have worldwide from the vast majority of these bands that we are 'exploiting' according to you... posting the link as a help to the forum and community would have sufficed, throwing in your petty cheap shots is bullshit.

5. anessen

anessen Active Member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

And this, ladles and germans, is how things get out of hand.

6. Dave Samsara

Dave Samsara Active Member Forum Member

Nov 17, 2012
     United Kingdom
    Man, its only a tag. You can take it off. You got the music for free - from this site, who took the trouble uploading and making it accessible. Hats off to all involved with A-P.N for all the effort and good work. Cheers guys.

7. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Check your privilege... :lmao:

8. Harrison

Harrison Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2009

Agreed! To A-P.N and all the hard work ya'll have done! :beers:

9. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011