Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

How Do You Live Your Life?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MusicMania, Sep 18, 2010.

1. MusicMania

MusicMania Member Forum Member

Sep 15, 2010

My name is Chelsea, guess you could say I'm a "newbie". And I've been curious. What got you in to your "scene"?

Without sacrificing yourself (at least completely) and your ideals, morale, character, beliefs, ect. how do you still get by in life? Such as work, paying bills, your needs vs. wants, political views/debate. You get the jist.

How do you NOT let society effect you? Whether you're Punk, Skin, simply an Anarchist, or whatever you decide to associate yourself with.

2. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I'm somewhat of a minimalist, I like the idea of not becoming attached to material possessions, and not needing much in life, so that helps fight off the craving for material possessions many people have. I try to buy most of my clothes second hand at thrift shops and fix them up on my own how I like them, I don't eat meat, and try to not to consume as many other animal products as often as possible. Me and my father are currently maintaining an organic garden in the backyard of my house, small, but efficient and I eat a lot of fresh vegetables and edamame grown from there. I recently just quit my job at Michaels art's and crafts store. I liked working there because it's all about DIY arts and crafts, but the amount of plastic and shit used to package everything sickened me. (That's not why I left, just saying.) I just turned legal age as of not too long ago so fortunatly don't really have any bills to pay of my own because I'm still living at home, but my parents are struggling, so I help them out as much as possible.

I got into punk rock when I was about 12 by stumbling across a couple of my dad's Ramones and Clash etc. records, and my taste and range grew from there.
    I was raised in a liberal home, so I've always been left leaning politically as long as I can remember, but it's always been out of my own moral, my parent's did their best not to force any of their ideals or indoctrinate me in anyway. My mother's very political so it was only natural I was too, and later up the ladder I discovered ideals that I agreed with, did research and became very passionate about anarchism. I know a good amount about it, but still have much to learn, the glass is always half full.

That's basically it.

Also, welcome to APN!

3. MusicMania

Sep 15, 2010

Wow. Nice upbringing. Seems like your parents were very supportive and let you figure things out for yourself.

I do agree with being a minimalist, however. The only reason I have a computer is to have my iPod for my music. :p It'd be too much to have on albums... I'd have a housefull. :p Other than that, I'm constantly in "survive or die" mode.

How do you not eat meat? That's always been a struggle for me... I'm somewhat of a carnivore. Although my parents are, too, so that could have some impact on that factor. I really do love meat, and I have since I was a little tot. I tried to be a Vegetarian or even a Vegan... it was rough...

I live in a small town and have most of my life. There's no such thing as "difference" out here, so apparently, I'm a shocker. I've lost work at times because of it. Lucky you're still at home, take advantage of it. The world is hectic. And it's hard to be an Anarchist, at least in my experience. Gotta get by, you know.

And thanks or the welcoming. :)

4. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Not eating meat becomes pretty easy when you do research on how fucked up the factory farms are, that's a given, and how adopting a vegetarian and vegan diet and lifestyle are some of the best individual things a person can do to lessen their impact on the environment. They have those pre-packed morning star, boca etc. fake meat foods but those can get pretty expensive. Companies know people will dish out a little bit extra for their beliefs. The best thing to do is do a lot of research and find out how to make meals out of stuff like beans, tofu, lentils, seitan, as a protein source and buy 'em in bulk.

5. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    snaussages! :o

6. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Welcome to AP.
    Anarchist, vegan, wage slave (but tying to change this), crust/hardcore punk.

7. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Welcome to AP.net =)

How do I live my life.. I don't know...

I am pretty lost on my ideals, mostly why I came here, to find solid ground in what I believe in. I have beliefs on certain topics but they seem all over the place and I can't forge anything solid out of them. I do my best to try and incorporate what I think is right into the way I live my life, sometimes successful and sometimes not. It always then leads me into a, 'did I really believe in that or not?' I don't know, I feel I am very hypocritical with shit I say and with the shit I do. I am pretty fail in that regards in my opinion. I don't do much towards my thoughts, if anything I am pretty terrible at getting motivated for anything and it is kinda getting worse..

8. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

I'm vegetarian, but I don't see it as a necessity for one to be an Anarchist.

Moreover, one isn't more Anarchist because they don't work, or squat, or are vegan, or whatever. Being an Anarchist means struggling for a new non-hierarchical set of social relationships, an individual placing oneself in an individual oppositional relationship to Capitalism, say by 'dropping out' or whatever, does little to challenge Capitalism or the State. Rather, organising and collective action, either in the workplace or community, is a much better tactic. Its not yr 'lifestyle' - job or lack thereof, diet, music, fashion, etc (within limits i.e. being a cop, boss or politician kinda rules you out)- that makes one an Anarchist, rather it's a political praxis. Yr political beliefs and yr political actions (organising, etc) that makes one a Anarchist.

BTW, its not sacrificing yr ideals to have to work, rather a necessity for many to survive, don't worry about it.

9. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

I'm surprised nobody has said it yet------by breathing------ :lmao: :lmao:

10. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    My way.

11. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

12. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

That made me think of this song.
    More so because when I read back through this thread I was under the impression that your post meant that like, any normal sane person, any one alive somewhere within has a longing for total freedom, and/ or some sort of anarchist ideology.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIguqRH6VpM[/video]

13. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

:thumbsup:

14. MusicMania

Sep 15, 2010

This is true. When I found out about the shitty treatment of animals and how meat is processed, it infuriated me and made me never want to eat meat again... at least until I got the urge for something filling, and tasty. I like the taste and the variety I can have by having a diet that doesn't really have any "limits" so to speak... as in I can eat from all food groups and enjoy 'em all. The best I've done thus far is just limited my meat intake.

Although, I do agree that it's not a necessity to be a Vegitarian or Vegan to be an Anarchist. :p

15. MusicMania

Sep 15, 2010

I think at some point we all do that... some things are easier said than done and some ideas are just that... ideas. Sometimes it's difficult to place those ideas in to action... whether it's figuring out HOW to, or what you want to do with that idea. Everyone's got a little hypocracy in 'em. Some just don't want to admit it. :p

Thanks for the welcome, by the way. :)

16. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

lol punk rock got me into anarchism well they kinda went hand in hand for me not saying they have to go hand in hand
    but that bring to the real start for me and ima be completely honest it was the exploited :ecouteurs: and SLC! Punk :/ as well as BLITZ and Suicidal Tendencies my ideals started brewing and my lifestyle started changing as i found more bands and went on to research and learn threw others and reading shit on anarchy
    and now im anarcho-communist/anarcho-primitivists/street punk at the age of 16 slowly forming a diet without beef or any form of corporate deathburgers and i dress rely stereotypically punk(witch i think is fine as long as im myself) and anti-racist as hell sure i started with the exploited but i assure you that boat sailed a long time ago so now im hear doing what i can and to my best ability to live the life i believe to be right even if it means i have to pay to jump that puddle from U.S.A to Germany

17. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

I want my giro so I can buy glue and cider and guns and knives and things that aren't very nice

18. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Me either, but I do see Anarchism and vegetarianism/ veganism as tieing hand in hand with each other very well.

19. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

It ties in very well to fascism according to Vegan Reich

20. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Vegan Reich? Is this another ridiculous website people mindlessly follow?
    Did you ever see the thread about, or that mentioned National Anarchists?