Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

How do neo-nazis think they have a place in punk

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Ammon, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Ammon

Ammon Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 6, 2012

nazism and punk are mostly opposites write? THEN WHAT IS SKREWDRIVER, BOND FOR GLORY, AND PANZERFAUST RECORDS DOING POLLUTING THIS GREAT THING! :@

2. scales

scales Active Member Forum Member

Apr 14, 2012

not just nazis but punks in general can be very prejudice and racist like the other day some guy tooled me to go back to my country which is right down confusing since he listens to the same music as i do. ps he's on these site. i just think that to each there own and people just understand things very differently.

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    He is on this site?

4. scales

scales Active Member Forum Member

Apr 14, 2012

yup !!! but not naming him though he knows aim talking about him

5. nonmodal

nonmodal New Member New Member

May 7, 2012

hey
    i know this from some what of a personal history being from the midwest and all, SHARP central
    and i was talking to my friend from Michigan who said all skin head in Michigan were boneheads and what not
    so i found a broader history online looking for such stuff
    not sure if it answers your question
    kinda pretty much what i remember

nazis always have their 'wandervogel'

i remember back in the 80's some one read that dumb 'serpents walk'
    but everyone was pretty pissed about that

to quote the site http://www.fastnbulbous.com/punk.htm

"The skinhead subculture had already taken root in the U.S. by 1977, where it was viewed as a dramatic but not particularly political variant of punk. There were Black and Latin and Jewish skins, many of whom hung together in the bi-racial 2-Tone bands. The style "stood for unity," said James DePasquale, 18, who became a skinhead four years ago. "Everybody who had a shaved head, you considered them a brother," he said in the May/June '89 issue of the Utne Reader.

With the help of fascists like Bob Heick, leader of a national Nazi youth group called The American Front, fascism also took root in American by 1985, when Nazi skinhead violence exploded at Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco that summer. "There were always idiots," says Tim Yohannan, editor of Maximum Rocknroll. "Now there's idiots with ideology."

Skinheads distinguished each other with the terms "baldies" for the leftist non-racist skinheads, and "boneheads" for the white- power Nazi skinheads. Boneheads had no music scene of their own to speak of, since Skrewdriver was never allowed into the United States, and domestic white-power bands were wooden amateurs who lacked broad appeal. So the bones crashed the punk clubs, sometimes taking a razor blade to the locks of a longhair or ripping an anti-racist button off a peace punk's shirt.

As in Britain, American punks, skinheads, or "baldies" have fought back in cities like Chicago and Minneapolis, where punks and "ska" skins have joined forces for more direct action. In January, 1989, more than 150 anti-racist skins from at least ten cities came to Minneapolis to form an umbrella organization for the anti-racist skins scattered throughout North America. By the end of the weekend, "The Syndicate" had been organized, and future anti-racist activities were planned.

The Twin Cities emerged as a center of anti-racist skinhead activity in 1987 when a group of baldies challenged the neo-Nazi White Knights. the White Knights were effectively driven out of Minneapolis by a campaign of physical confrontations that reduced the neo-Nazi group to a handful of die-hard white supremacists and their leader, a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

The January Minneapolis skinhead gathering, while predominantly white, included African-American, Native American, Latino and Asian skinheads. The average age of participants was 19. Their passionate desire to clear the skinhead name is rooted in the belief that skinhead culture has something to offer all nationalities.

While the question of racism has been pushed on the skinhead movement, the media seems to ignore what many skins consider equally important: the question of class. The skinhead movement quite explicitly places its hopes for the future of the united action of the working class. It is as much by addressing and twisting the class question as by appealing to racism that the neo- Nazis have been able to establish a beachhead among white working- class youth. There is a deeply felt contempt for the rich in some quarters of American society that can be tapped with either revolutionary class politics or the half-baked Nazism of a Tom Metzger and his racist, anti-Semitic organization, White Aryan Resistance. But while the boneheads were puppets of Metzger, the Syndicate did it themselves."

so i guess thats more about baldies and bone heads
    i cant say ive ever met any 'punks' that were nazi in the midwest nope

what worrys me more is this
    http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... /11/00019/

6. Misledpunk

Misledpunk Member Forum Member

May 19, 2012

Well, for some strange reason, even in Greece where I live nazis (Chrysi Augi) are considered by 6 % [according to a survey] to be revolutionary! This is madness. Punk, to me, is opposite to fascism-it's freedom. the bitter truth is that media brainwashed a very high percentage of voters and literally convinced them that fascism might be OK ! Well,I have nothing to say but nazi punks fuck off [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkRuV0aCcI[/video]