Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hitting Women

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameson, Oct 13, 2010.

1. seitan

seitan Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009

what if shes a nazi skin attacking a antifa protest you are on? what if shes beating on a non-white woman?

2. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Seitan, you are stupid, sorry for saying that. read what I said, I corrected myself, and said what I meant to say in a first place. I can ask you the same thing : women are animals but men arent ? are you sexist ? :lmao: its rethorical.

3. seitan

Nov 7, 2009

why are you always so aggressive?
    you didnt actually answer my questions, well done!

4. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    'Fuck' is non-gendered biased so no it is not the same thing, the other, being gender biased, is patriarchal and when used in a derogatory manner is a form of authoritarianism and hierarchy that is patently offensive and oppressive to the female gender. Also there is a lot of talk on here of beating people to death, and it's just that, talk. If you've ever experienced beating someone to the point of death you wouldn't be sitting at your computer debating it. It is a horror that I wouldn't wish on an enemy.

5. seitan

Nov 7, 2009

its not always seen as offensive by all women tho. so, it sounds rather "patriarchal" for you to suggest a woman shouldnt use that word or shes being sexist to women.
    hopefully some of the female members of these forums will come in and tell us how they feel about this particular word :)

6. THEREDMENACE

THEREDMENACE Active Member Forum Member

Oct 27, 2010

Is this a debate on 'cunt' or a debate on violence towards women?

7. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    It doesn't matter how some women might feel it matters how they feel as a whole, you know so far from what I've seen of your posts seitan you are here to argue semantics endlessly. Are you the devil's advocate? I asked you politely to not use the word and I really don't feel like continuing an endless debate with you about it as you're not the first and won't be the last to defend their use of it, just don't do it here.

8. THEREDMENACE

THEREDMENACE Active Member Forum Member

Oct 27, 2010

A word only has as much weight as we agree it does. It's a social contract between people and it's subjective. Kind of like money.

9. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Code:
    its not always seen as offensive by all women tho. so, it sounds rather "patriarchal" for you to suggest a woman shouldnt use that word or shes being sexist to women.
    hopefully some of the female members of these forums will come in and tell us how they feel about this particular word :)
    personally i don't see your problem, you were asked nicely to do people a favor and refrain from using words like this and i don't think this is toomuch to ask for.
    how women would feel about the use of this particular word doesn't matter, after some (male) users of this forum already expressed their feelings about it - asking you not to use it. so what?

reading your statements here and the statements you made on the against-conspiracy-topic elsewhere doesn't make me feel that well too - somehow i am reminded of a certain global para-noids facebook site - are you perchance a troll and better off there?

10. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

Does that mean I cant listen to chaotic dischord a bunch? they say cunt in every song at least 50 times.

and as for the point at hand: If a woman attacks me, I will attack them back, just the same as a man. Its not rocket science, a lot of the posts on this thread have been assuming the intention was it to be acceptable for men to beat women just for the hell of it, it doesn't work like that. Whoever instigates the violence first is the person responsible for their actions, not the individual based on their gender.

11. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

you can listen to whatever you want, there is no question about it, but people may put up a discussion about bad taste or shitting on the carpet just for the sake to do so, or because chaotic discord has done it 50 times before.

next question: are simple manners or social contracts between people unpunx?

so who is responsible for the actions of a drunken young girl not used to the temporary freedom of a punk gig?

12. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

Nope certainly not, but they should be through mutual respect, not censoring unnecessarily because someone brings up the word in a context not pinpointed towards a particular member of the forum, I've only show courtesy towards the people on this forum, if not trolled the hell out of Ungov because hes funny.

The drunk young girl who made the conscious decision before she was drunk to drink? Are you relating this to the possibility of said drunk girl getting into the old ultra violence?

13. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

you're a monster: bambi, et and now ungovernable who works his arse off for the site - it NOT funny, it's a feud?

refering to the inital example of the topic & starting the hairsplitting:
    the decision to drink at a punk gig she was attending with her drinking father may not have been that conscious, being one of my favorite rockstars you may know of stagefright too? that much on this: don't drink and drive - but lets keep realistic:
    young people not used to booze and drugs at punk events are a problem everywhere, no matter what gender they are. around here they enjoy a certain bonus-tolerance - if they cross the line, some are pissed but not really surprised, so somebody still conscious or sober enough will take the culprit out of the pit with the smallest force necessary and have a word with them, if thats not enough they will be shown the door - again, with the smallest force necessary. drunken dads are kind of bad luck, i wonder what would have happened without him adding to the confusion.

14. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

I know, my mother thinks the same.

Read that post, such things aren't uncommon in punk circles, we had such an incident here that didn't initially involve any violence but erupted purely over a disagreement. But you need to take stuff like that as it comes. I have no doubt the real victim in that situation (the guy who got hit repeatedly and pushed said girl away) felt pretty upset over such a retarded situation, but its something we all have to deal with at some time or another. Except Dads and their children at punk shows (particularly in the pit) is generally asking for trouble provided their fathers are actually mature enough to handle a proper situation. But I'd also think drunken girl should assume responsibility for her actions and the actions of her father who if she was honest to her father that she was being an idiot in the first place could have prevented a violent situation.

15. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

"She" should have assumed responsibility, and she should have been honest - yes, but she acted like a drunken child and it's not that surprising, isn't it? So I'll agree with Lil', a relaxed and healthy scene should be able to deal politely with this kind of incident - yes, maybe thats unrealistic again...

My mom calls me a "beast", but somehow I would prefer "monster" too.

16. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

@seitan : sorry, ill try not to be "agressive" anymore. I think we should all be threated the same. So if a man/women tries to slap you, stop her/him, and dont attack, otherwise you will be the same as he/she.
    If your life is in dangers, defend yourself in a best way you can, but again, dont kill for your life if you dont have to. it depends on situtaion. Be something like pacifist - try to avoid hitting, and do some mind-arguing.

17. Corporate Deathburger

Corporate Deathburger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 29, 2010

I believe it truly lies on the situation and the culprit/aggressor in the situation. We can find several thousand situations in which the outcome will differ on said moment and intricate devices of the instigator and/or reciever. We all agree sexism is wrong, as it says in the gut of this site and (hopefully) everyone in this community (except the Global Para-sexists). But, I believe in violence when it is needed, as should you. But unnecessary violence is the basis of evil and idiocracy, and I think we would all agree.

18. seitan

Nov 7, 2009

do i not get lumped in with global parasite as being sexist cos i called someone the "c" word?
    ive seen plenty here refer to women as "chicks" but that seems to go un-questioned.
    as for global parasite, i hadnt heard of them til i saw the thread here.

19. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

Can someone explain why there sexist?

20. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

Word cunt is sexist if its used as an insult. if its used as a word, like anyother without meaning, its not. why are you still talking about gp?