Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hitting Women

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameson, Oct 13, 2010.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    As Much as I agree with you, please don't use that word here. This isn't England and I know many people around the world that find it to be utterly sexist. So I am asking politely that you control your use of it, thanx.

2. seitan

seitan Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009

i know its not england, its the WORLD wide web, so why should i refrain from using it just because people from the usa may find it offensive?
    maybe im wrong. anybody from anywhere other than north america find this word "offensive"?
    incidently, my wife (who is from usa) uses the word all the time.

3. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

wow stupid fuck read what I have to say. I said im not trying to be sexist and call women animals. i just gave an example. Stop making wrong conclusions ! I put animal in "", and explained it was just an example.

4. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

I'm from gurmoney and I find this word sometimes offensive, but at least inappropriate on a forum like this, especially on a topic like this. Bonnie England isn't everywhere, and "because others do it too" is no argument if you are asked politely to use another expression.

5. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    LOl what a fucking joke. so you think people should argue that self defense is NOT ok? This ought to be good.

6. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

regarding the word cunt, theirs some feminists who prefer it over vagina (which means literally sheath or scabbard in latin).
    I don't see cunt being a word that is really that offensive, its not that different from calling someone a dick or any other profanity and it has a beautiful ring to it.

I didnt have time to skim through the whole thread but out of curiosity would you hit a woman were it in self defence? or would your chauvinistic attitude override the fact that a woman can harm you in the same way that a man could? Discuss.

7. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I am asking you to be aware of the people on here who do find it offensive, and use a different word. You can use the word all you want in your personal life, but this is a public forum and we want everyone to feel welcome. Not just people from the U$A and England and Australia. By the way I am from Mexico and yes I find it derogatory to women. Read the 'Who Are We?' text and see if it fits with the sites charter.

8. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

I think man should be able to defend himself from woman, but there are some "rules". You cant beat her to death, if she slaps you. I would do anything, I would just think of the reason why she did that. But, if shes attacking me, with knife/something, yes i would defend myself, and I wouldnt be sexist, if I hit her then. But then again, I would just overcome here, not beat her becouse she tried to kill me. I think it depands on a situtation, but in most cases, no - hitting anyone isnt a way to deal with a problem. Its just unleashing your own frustrations, on someone else.

9. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

yes they can, but what near-to-nonexistance-minority would actually do it - after the brainwash they have to take from an early age on. If you know such a rare marvel give her my regards - I will dedicate my life to her right on the spot.

Chauvinism? Just take a look beyond the limits of punk scenes, or read the newspaper - there is enough of it, so I would say we could easily abandon death-beat-arguments like this or the stupid global paranoid c-word-mania, it doesn't make you a radical, and at least the majority here is already grown up, at least I hope so.

10. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

can i beat men to death then?

11. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

No. Like I have said, hitting for no good reason is idiotism. Hitting women/men for slaping you, IS IDIOTISM. slaping someone is idiotism. right ?

12. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

sorry i'm purposely being a dick, cos i find it funny.

13. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

@butcher : i dont understand you :/

14. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

you just pointed out the bleeding obvious with the 'don't beat women to death if they slap you' line, so much so that it became humorous. Esp. cos you gendered the comment, whereas you shoulda said 'ppl shouldn't beat anyone to death for getting slapped'. Yr oversight was funny.

15. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

I would say it depends who's slapping me - as I said before, as long as women are the most likely victims of violence, hurting them is a complete and absolute taboo for me, if I'am attacked seriously I will try to neutralise the treat without a single beat or kick, keep her at arms length until she cools down or just leave her alone, doesn't hurt my pride.
    That's not chauvinism, I just don't want to feel like the usual asshole that is violent against women.
    If I am attacked by a male opponent it depends on his ability to do harm to me, if he's younger, less fit than me or drunk, I will try to avoid beating him, just grabb and neutralize him, hold him against a wall and try to talk to him to lessen the tension that always tends to escalate after the first blow.
    It worked surprisingly well in the past and many stupid fights were prevented, even with boneheads looking for trouble - if they are young and smart enough, they'll get the chance to get away with a more than serious warning. Just words again, maybe I'll grabb him at the collar - I might be too naiv, but somehow I still hope they learn a bit from this - if they don't...
    Only if it gets really serious I will try to harm an opponent by any means avaliable, I will never carry a knife, iron knuckles or a blackjack, but I've used clubs and fence poles against boneheads and cops in the past, I still feel bad about it in some cases, because there is more damage than necessary sometimes. But I think I never started an attack ending up with improvised weapons - so it's only self-defence, and I didn't asked for it.
    I will never hit or kick an already gone down opponent, it's unfair and unnecessary and I'm no fucking thug, so I'll get an ambulance if necessary and stay as long as possible with the "victim", just to make sure it doesn't end up really worse.
    Again, it depends who's "knocking" - but always offering the other cheek - no, not for me.

16. seitan

Nov 7, 2009

youre obviously not very bright, because, for a start, women ARE animals.
    you also dont seem to get how people could be offended by you saying hitting women is like hitting animals.

17. THEREDMENACE

THEREDMENACE Active Member Forum Member

Oct 27, 2010

I have never hit a woman. That being said, if one stabbed me or attempted to take my life I would quickly stomp that from her memory.

18. seitan

Nov 7, 2009

so, can you beat a man to death but not a woman?

why do you feel women should be treated differently to men?

19. seitan

Nov 7, 2009

youre not getting it. you said something along the lines of we shouldnt bother debating this because (to you its obvious). i was merely pointing out that there are obviously differing views on this so debate IS important.

20. seitan

Nov 7, 2009

i understand what you are saying how some may be offended by that word, but what if someone on here is genuinely offended by fuck? would you suggest no-one says that word?