Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hitting Women

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameson, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Your a fucking idiot if you think that this is true. Go read "how non-violence works for the state" by Peter Gelderloos and maybe you'll change your mind.

Well i never have to worry about a woman attacking me because all the ladies love this guy <3

But seriously hitting women... what the fuck? I guess if you agree with hitting women Jameson, you'd also condone beating kids?

I had this jock headed steroid guy in college tell me that "hey if a woman wants to act like a man, then they'll be treated like a man" in which i replied "go play russian roulette with a .45"

2. persona-non-grata

persona-non-grata Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 9, 2010

ok but say a woman is oppressing you (witch in some cases is not that bad :ecouteurs: ) i think it would be ok to hit anyone who is attacking you physically or oppressing you or your beliefs

3. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

edit: "how non-violence [protects] the state"

this thread is daft o_O
    sexism isn't really a matter of treating ppl differently, rather its a set of social relationships that marginalise women (and transfolk) and impose power structures on ppl due to gender. I've got no fucking clue what a discussion on whether, in certain circumstances, its ok to hit women has to do with challenging patriarchy.

i'm with vege conan on this one, a violent response to oppression is completely justifiable and appropriate.
    Was the Warsaw ghetto uprising appropriate?
    Was the workers in Spain arming themselves and fighting the fash appropriate?
    Is it appropriate for someone being physically assaulted to fight back?
    Am I asking rhetorical questions?
    :ecouteurs:

4. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I really have no idea where to jump in on this thread.

I second this, except, I do believe treating people differently because of their gender is a part of sexism, but not refusing to hit someone because she is a female.

I also agree with this:

It's not sexist to say, scientifically women typically do not have the same physical structure and capacities as men.
    I feel that if a woman were to attack you, to respond in self defense, but by that I mean just enough to restrain her. Don't hit her, but grab her wrists or something, or her arms to incapacitate her violence in someway.

My band is actually been getting death threats from this exact thing recently.
    Basically in a quick summary. At a show in canoga park some chicks jumped our lead singers gf, right in front of me, and I grabbed the chick and restrained her to prevent my friends gf from getting beat up. I grabbed the girl and held her arms behind her back. This all happened inside the venue right after the show ended. Later, outside the venue the same group of girls (who might I add knew us, and used to be friends with the girl they were trying to beat up, and drove from Santa Ana to Canoga Park just to do so) Started attacking our lead singer and one jumped on him and he threw her off. She tripped and fell and hit her head on the on the ground and started bleeding and yelling our lead singer hit her and attacked her, and a bunch of random guys, who didn't see what happened, but only heard the exaggerations of this group of girls came and this huge crowd, including a guy who worked at the venue started beating the shit out of my friend. Droped him to the ground, dropped their knee on his neck and knocked up his face pretty well. There was a huge mob out after his blood and we had to get him out of there, and I'm suprised I, and a few other friends were left unscathed. It was literally about 30 on 7, and I was never more happy to see police in my life. I was expecting to get stabbed just for picking him up and getting him out of there and being on his side, and I honestly thing the police presence after about 10 min prevented me from being beaten into a bloody pulp. The chick went home with only a cut and a few exaggerated rumors to tell every one in Santa Ana, while we took my friend to the hospital for a concussion and stayed there til 7am. Now there's bullshit being sent around Santa Ana and threats to him and the band, for something that was greatly blown out of proportion.

Sorry about the story, don't know if you guys care, but I found it relevant to post in this topic.

5. Jameson

Jameson Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 29, 2010
     United States
    This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about! Woman starts shit, can't finish it, so she turns the pack on the poor fucker that was defending himself. I've seen this type of shit happen numerous times, and it never ceases to piss me off.

I bet if it wasn't taboo to hit a women and they where never told they where weaker or too fragile to fight, we'd have a lot more women that would defend themselves in violent situations, instead of giving up, or riling up the herd to there side.

That has to be the dumbest fucking question..
    How is hitting a women anything like beating your child? Are you suggesting women are weak, like a child?
    Like I said before, I don't condone spousel abuse. I'm talking about if a women hit's you, you should be able to hit her back like anyone else.

6. Jameson

Jul 29, 2010
     United States
    Like I said before...
    Let's try to stay on topic guys. If you want to make a thread so we can argue about violence vs pacifism, be my guest, I'll be glad to argue... but not in this thread.

7. Corporate Deathburger

Corporate Deathburger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 29, 2010

I agree also with Veg. He described how I feel about this situation wholeheartedly.

8. Mbeckz

Mbeckz Member New Member

Oct 12, 2010

hmm .. i am a woman and i'm not into beating the shit outta some one but..
    i was in a situation a few weeks ago where a friend said that he's gonne beat the crap outta some one i know very good..
    he always told me that he doesnt slap woman but uhm if it goes on topics like those he better change that *i dont slap woman* part cuz i wont let it happen just like that.. i don't care if he beats the crap outa me then but at least he treated me like any one else on this planet.. and not like *a woman*
    except from that i'm against it.. like some one told here man are usualy stronger...

9. Corporate Deathburger

Corporate Deathburger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 29, 2010

Oh, okay. I know the point of slam dancing, I just didn't know Dogma's view on pacifism. Because I know pacifist who won't go in the pit, because even though it's not violence towards anyone in particular, it's still violence. And they don't want to accidentally clock someone and get in the position of a fight.

10. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    totally off topic, but i did it to make a point, a parody of sorts, not to advertise a sports team but more to mock one. anyways back on topic: this whole thread is redundant. Of course self defense is ok against whomever, or whatever, man, woman, animal, nature etc. I don't see why a thread was needed to talk about this. I seriously thought this was a joke at first.

11. Jameson

Jul 29, 2010
     United States
    If you think this than why where you giving me shit before?

12. Jake

Jake Member Forum Member

Jun 9, 2010

i fucking despair with this website sometimes, the amount of times a topic ends up with pointless bickering and elitist statements (im not saying that was elitist^^^^. well it was a little bit actually, whos the best anarchist eh.............)

if you dont agree with someone dont just belittle what they said and dismiss it. HOW WILL WE LEARN AND PROGRESS THIS WAY

Anyway, in my opinion hitting people is a terrible way of dealing with a problem, apart from in some very specific occasions which im sure exist i just cant think of them or im not sure. self defense is a different matter, although unless hitting someone will pacify the situation its probably not the best bet, restraining perhaps better. Its not a black and white subject and really must be thought over. If you are a man and a woman pisses you off, or whatever gender i dont care, hitting them is just fucking stupid and you cant justify hitting a woman (if you are a man) by saying you would hit a bloke so why not a woman, the use of violence is what should really be questioned

13. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

violence is never the answer, part 2. look into the statement more before you explode. i'm not saying violence is never used or useful (i.e. self defense), but it never will be the answer, just a reaction. put that in your pipe and smoke it and go ahead and flame me, wouldn't be the first time i've gotten shit for being a pacifist

14. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

maybe i should have expressed myself a bit clearer. Sexism is not only about treating different because of their gender/s. However, it is an insufficient definition of sexism, like, its actually an oppressive set of social relationships which benefits hetero cis men, etc, etc... Furthermore, we treat ppl differently for all sorts of arbitrary reasons, it doesn't follow that these behaviours are therefore inherently oppressive. I speak to my grandmother differently then my mates in the pub, there's nothing wrong with that. Not beating up someone half yr size is similar. The whole premise of this debate is rather pointless, because it is entirely depended on context. Such debates are nothing but abstractions with no 'universal' framework for action being possible.

can you clarify by what you mean by 'th answer'. For me, violence in self-defence can offer the 'answer' of not getting yr head kicked in. Yr current argument that violence can be simultaneously useful (in self-defence) and yet not 'the answer' seems rather incoherent to me.

15. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    your statement that 'Violence is never the answer' is as ridiculous as if I said 'Violence is always the answer' the danger of slogans that can be made redundant by a variety of circumstances.

16. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

yeah punkmar i get ya, and every actions does have a context. but that's kinda what i said...as in self defense. oh and butcher, i hope i answer your question too.

i'm not trying to throw out rhetoric here, but i am saying that violence in the long run won't solve anything. but honestly if you think that violence will destroy oppression and other things that plague the world then that's your prerogative. i think that violence is the oppression, i.e. when the american government committed mass genocide upon the native americans...the violence was the tool for power and control. i don't believe that any person should have power over another, so i don't believe in violence

17. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

Generally... The thing with fragility should come natural, because you're a fucking asshole if you hit someone way smaller than you, no matter the gender.

That said, i think it's true what you're saying to some extend, but the root of the problem is the portraying of girls as small porcelain dolls, incapable of doing anything if they don't have a man - which is the image women has gotten in the media. It's always the big strong prince saving her, and her crying. Which is a terrible because many girls have been consumed by that image, indirectly making them slaves to men, focused on wearing and behaving so that the boys will like them, and often not doing what they like because it's a "man" thing, or standing up for them self.
    The whole Paris Hilton "i'm just a stupid girl" shit.

Let me just make sure on this: SOME girls. Luckily some dares to stand up for them self.

But well, i think the whole thing about not hitting a girl is only part of that image, and that is what is needed to fight in society. Just as the stereotypes about being a "man" (macho-shit) or the whole stereotypical view on homosexuals as being very feminine for the men and masculine for the women.

18. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Exactly.

This reminds me of a shirt I got at mass media records a few weeks ago.

[​IMG]

It's funny when macho man assholes see it and scoff and make fun of it, not only for what it says and that a man is wearing it, but because it's pink.
    Some people. :ecouteurs:

19. 47KP

47KP New Member New Member

Oct 15, 2010

I'd say go ahead and punch her in the face (if you think you should punch her in the face) disregarding whatever fictional constructs or authoritarist moral codes the society is imposing on you. Everything else is just conservative occidental christian bullshit.
    If you're sayin' it's illegitimate 'cause men and women are different, you're sexist but kinda right, but the point is that absolutely every single Individual is different from the next one. That's why this is not about egalitarian communism or democracy but anarchy.

20. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

lolwut? How is that even close to sexism? It is a device for cleaning out body cavities lol

On-topic: Depends on the woman, Paris Hilton needs a good smack... >.>

In a self-defense situation I probably would hit a woman if I was in any form of danger but that is about it...