Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hitting Women

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameson, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Jameson

Jameson Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 29, 2010
     United States
    Now, before I get a bunch of angry responces telling me how much of a sexist pig I am, actually read what I have to say.
    To start off the only thing I think violence should be used against is violence, but that's a whole other arguement, so let's try to keep on topic..

I think you should be able to hit a women and not be looked down upon for it. If you hit a guy no one gives you any shit, and I think that's sexist. Now, I'm not saying just go beat your wife for the hell of it, I'm saying if a women hits you, you should be able to hit her back like any other person. I think not hitting them and giving them "special treatment" only helps seperate man from women. We're all people, and all should be able to get slapped when we deserve it whether we be male or female. Whenever I bring up this point most people tell me women are weaker or more fragile which I think is bullshit. I've gone out with girls that could kick the shit out of me. It all just depends on the person.

So, in conclusion, I think the whole not hitting girls because they're girls thing further promotes sexism in our society today and is another one of the many things that have become culturally accepted even though they further seperate people.

What do you all think?

2. Dogma264

Dogma264 Active Member Forum Member

Jun 29, 2010

Well personally i dont "Hit" people, i am a pacifist and dont fight so yes what your say about special treatment is true but it can be taken 2 ways, a violent way or attacking both sexs, or a pacifist way or not hitting

The same argument can be put on animal and humans, it all depends on who you are but i dont feel woman should be hit in general,

violence is never the answer

3. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
    I think the whole "don't hit women" thing is stupid, and I agree that it reinforces sexist attitudes and artificial gender roles (well, to a certain extent, all gender roles are artificial, but that's for another thread). While I don't particularly like the idea of using force against people, there are some instances where force is a necessary part in conflict resolution. I've gotten into this debate several times lately, about whether or not it's alright to hit women, and the point I usually bring up has to do with a show I was at a few months ago, where a girl in the pit spent most of the headliner's set (It was the Vibrators, laugh if you want, I like 'em) running around the pit, punching and elbowing people in the head. I was standing off to the side of the pit with one of my friends, who's a girl, and after being hit more than a few times, and getting fed up with it, my friend pushed the girl the next time she came around in the pit, and told her to fuck off. Next thing, the girl comes around with her fist in the air like she's about to punch my friend, so I grab her wrist, and with my other hand, shove her hard, again, telling her to fuck off.

Was I wrong in shoving this girl, by standing up to this bully? No. Bullies come in all shapes, sizes and sexes, and a bully who hides behind social conventions like one prohibiting men from hitting women. Admittedly, I did wait until my friend's safety was endangered by this bully to take action against her, but I feel that had I not intervened, that one, or both of them could have gotten seriously injured, since along with the idea that men should not hit women comes the idea that men should not intervene in a fight between women.

Another interesting bit of the story is that almost as soon as I shoved the bully girl, a 40-something-year-old guy (who turned out to be her dad), drunk as shit, grabbed me by the throat, pushed me backwards into a table and screamed that he was going to "fucking kill" me. I guess he had this idea that I was somehow "attacking" his daughter, though I find it hard to believe that he missed the part where she was punching roughly 20 people in the head, repeatedly. Also interesting is that almost as soon as he shoved me over the table, there were about 9 people, mostly men, and about 2 or 3 women, trying to tear us away from eachother.

Sorry this ended up as a bit of a rant, but the whole gender-violence dynamic is just stupid in my eyes. If someone uses force against you unjustifiably, defend yourself! Regardless of who they are!

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    What the fuck ? Please, tell me this topic is a joke.

5. Jameson

Jul 29, 2010
     United States

Not even close. :D

6. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    you are a fucking idiot.

7. Corporate Deathburger

Corporate Deathburger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 29, 2010

:lmao:

8. Corporate Deathburger

Corporate Deathburger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 29, 2010

Can you be a pacifist and slam dance? Just wondering. :)

9. Jameson

Jul 29, 2010
     United States

Thanks for not telling me your opinion on the subject and just being a douche.

10. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Yes. The point of slam dancing is to help get out aggression through the music so you don't take that aggression elsewhere. Punk is an angry genre, hence why the dance style to it was really the first of its kind, to let out the anger and aggression of the feeling of being lost, under appreciated, misunderstood and not heard. At least, thats what slam dancing is to me.

11. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Also, it's not any sort of physical assault on someone and it's (supposed) to have no intention of purposely hurting someone.

12. Dogma264

Dogma264 Active Member Forum Member

Jun 29, 2010

HEY! that question was for me dick
    Haha all the time just with open hands
    CLosed handed pain, and open handed love! <3

13. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    self defense is one thing, but there's a reason hitting women is taboo, because men are (usually) stronger, bigger etc. Starting a topic like this, looking for justification to do so is pathetic. You are the douche here.(also calling someone a douche is probably sexist also.)

14. Jameson

Jul 29, 2010
     United States
    I'm not looking for any justification, I just wanted to find out other's opinions on the subject, douchebag.

How the fuck is calling someone a douch sexist? If there was a man's version of a douche I'd call you that too.

15. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

okay i dont agree with it bi=ut my ex beat the shit out of me at a house show 2 weeks ago and fucked up my nose eye and mouth and yeah i sat and took it , i didnt want to but i wanted to get back and i think this all needs to be taken into perspective as of the time being , you cant not experiance something then shit talk someone else who needs others opinions , yeah i wANTED TO HIT HER BUT I DIDNT , SHE IS A WOMEN AND I GOT ROCKED IN FRONT OF LOTS OF FRIENDS AND WHAT NOT and had marks on my face but i think the true reason is just because i love her so much ive met lots of women bigger then me that talk shit and get drunk and fight guys , ive not hit them but seen many situations where they should have got whats comming to them and each time the female is yelling ''equal rights ,equal fights '' so what do you homebodies have to say about that who have never been in a situation but are so ready to shit on someone for what they question ??????? tell me

16. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

I've only ever been slapped by a woman once, I managed to keep my cool, she was lucky that she wasn't slapped back in the mouth. She wasn't a girlfirend or a friend, a mere acquaintance, she thought she was being smart and was bad mouthing everyone (a little too much to drink). I cut her down with some wit (not particularly killer wit) and she couldn't take it and slapped me. I laughed, she slapped me again. I laughed again and she was about to slap me again but three of her mates bundled her off. One of her mates came back later and apologised, she had heard the whole exchange and thought that her friend was being an idiot.

17. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    you're the fool. but what should i expect from someone with an mtv corporate icon avatar. you sound like someone who isn't getting laid much if you don't feel u should treat women nicely.

18. Jameson

Jul 29, 2010
     United States
    I treat women the same as I'd treat anyone else, yuh brainwashed dinggleberry.

19. killedbydeath

killedbydeath Active Member Forum Member

Sep 14, 2010

no room to talk with an rip off angels logo as your avatar.

about the topic though, if a girl hits you and wants to fight, you should be able to hit her back. girls have hit me before and i haven't hit them back but i wouldn't have felt bad if i did. or would like to think i wouldn't have felt bad. i feel bad after i hit anyone (most of the time).

20. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

:lmao: this topic must be a joke !! None should hit no one. Like someone said, hitting woman is like hitting animals, and you wouldnt to that would you ? ( same for man, not being a sexist and calling women "animals"). This is just stupid, pacifist or not you cant just argue with someone and hit him.

Anarchy is about, talking, understanding others, feeling sorry for them and making them happy. not hitting and argueing if you didnt get laid