Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

help me help you (and your band)

Discussion in 'Band promotion & new album releases' started by Slate Rock, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Slate Rock

Slate Rock Member New Member

Apr 12, 2011

Hello,

Im looking for any bands interested in participating in a little project im putting together:

I am currently a graphic design student in my last year. For my final project I have decided to bring one of my life’s passions into the mix; music. I am trying to reach out to bands that would be interested in being part of my project. The goal is to create a campaign for a coalition of bands that are linked by a shared vision and message that inspires and progresses their music.

Though it is a campaign run for the purposes of my project I still want to find bands out there that share this common idea. The idea that people and society can be moved towards action for the benefit of all and change the status quo. That we are not all just a helpless victim of circumstance but are empowered and able. My hope is at the very least this project can serve as an example of how people can bring together their unique talents and ideas, motivated by nothing more than their ideals.

Now enough bright eyed idealism, lets get down to it:

I want to make this perfectly clear, I in no way will be receiving any form of profit for anything that I use in accordance to the bands that want to be involved. At the very most I will only ask permission to use the band’s name and a brief description, although I will not limit how much the band wants to be involved. Everything that I create for the project will be for promoting this campaign of a shared vision, and so at any point that the band does not agree with the direction of the work they simply can withdraw no questions asked.

What the bands will receive in return, I believe can be of great service and well worth the input:

-the band will have the opportunity to get their name out there, a statement of what they believe in

-also I will be providing free, graduate level design work that the band can use as they see fit (custom work can be arranged for the band during the process of the project, but all the work created for the project will be available for the band’s personal use)

The project is just in the beginning stages, it will be displayed in a gallery setting (and online) at the end of next spring. However I understand there is not a lot of physical work yet to go off of, and some of you might still be hesitant. During the process of the project I will be sending out pdf updates thoroughly demonstrating the direction of the project. I will also update here the progress made in the beginning stages. I also encourage anyone to respond here with questions or concerns even if you are just curious or have suggestions I would be happy to respond. Or email me at rmbossa@gawab.com

2. persona-non-grata

persona-non-grata Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 9, 2010

I would be willing to contribute my one man band Nutz!

myspace.com/nutzanarchopunk

3. Slate Rock

Apr 12, 2011

Sounds great.

I definitely am looking for variety in the music we go with, so the one man is perfect.

Ill post updates as we move on. Thanks

4. Slate Rock

Apr 12, 2011

Just an update: as stated in the original post the project does not start a while yet. However, I have been and will continue to generate interest and possible participants and post back as the project gets underway.

Just a reminder this aspect of the project is just to make it more interesting and fun with credible "namesake" of having real active musicians. Any participants can be as little or actively involved as they wish.

Do not hesitate to ask any questions here or at my email: rmbossa@gawab.com