Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hello

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by ghoul, May 18, 2010.

1. ghoul

ghoul Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

First of all I'd like to thank whoever uploaded the Anti Product and Civil Disobedience. I haven't heard them in almost a decade and thought I never would again.

Ok, a little about me. I am not a punk anymore. I left the scene years ago after getting sick of listening to people babble on about unity while stabbing me in the back. I am also not an anarchist. I have come to the conclusion that humanity just has not reached that point of our evolution yet. We unfortunately have individuals that just will never play nice with others and we will need an agreed upon set of rules to deal with them. I am not an anti capitalist either. I am currently working on getting my own business going. I need to pay rent and people seem to really enjoy my cooking so I figure why not use that to make money.

So, what does that make me? Uh....well, me. Nice to meet you.

2. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    no offense, but claiming to not be an anarchist, on an anarchist forum is not going to help your credibility in debates and opinions...

3. ghoul

May 16, 2010

But I am not anymore. I still hold a lot of the ideals but as far as that label goes, it just doesn't fit anymore. I guess libertarian is the closest thing I can find to describe my political views. I understand that sometimes there must be rules but as long as they don't interfere too much I'm OK with that. Rape, murder, child abuse, things like that, there should be laws against and severe penalties for breaking said laws.

I truly wish that humanity was at a point where we didn't need tell people not kill each other but the sad fact is we aren't there yet. Hopefully we will get there. But until we do get to that point I realize that we do need some form of government and laws. If I were to call myself an anarchist at this point of my evolution I'd be a hypocrite.

4. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    I feel sorry for you being in that state of thinking. That is exactly what they want you to think, that we can't get by without laws and people in power.

5. ghoul

May 16, 2010

It is our reality. There are people that will kill and rape and do all manner of fucked up. Until that stops then yes we need agreed upon ways to deal with that. As far as things like drug use, who someone has sex with, and other personal liberty things, hell no, the government has no business there. It's like all things in life, it's about balance. Even in an anarchist society there would have to be rules on certain things like rape. It would be great if everyone could just do the right thing but some people won't. So what would you do then? Make a law saying no rape? And when it does happen then what, punish them? At that point that wouldn't be an anarchist society. It's this very contradiction that lead me from a anarchist stance to a more libertarian one.

If you could tell me how you'd deal with things like rape and murder in an anarchist society I'm all ears and have an open mind. I'd be more than happy to listen as I hope humanity will get there.

6. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Anarchy = no central authority
    Anomy = no laws, regulations or other forms of (social) contract
    Therefore laws and anarchy are by definition not two separate issues :)

Anyways, welcome, I think it'll actually be interesting to see a non-anarchist post here from time to time, to try and get us out of our reality-bubble. If he respects our opinions and we respect his, of course :)