Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hello, New Guy Here

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by flinger_of_poo, Dec 16, 2009.

1. flinger_of_poo

flinger_of_poo Member Forum Member

Dec 16, 2009
     United States
    Hey, I'm J.R. I don't really know how to really describe myself so here's my story as best as I can recall....

I'm 29 years old, from deep in the bible belt of the southern U.S. (Arkansas) In my teenage years I was mostly into the hardcore and hardcore-punk scene. Spent as much time as I could going to shows in Memphis TN.

Through an unfortunate series of events I found myself in the Marines from the age of 20-24. It wasn't a total loss though, I eventually became a regular at this sports bar called the Arena in Jacksonville NC (a local hangout for skins, punks, bikers, and other ruffians and "undesirables") Anyway, through the friends I made there (miss ya spicy) I discovered Oi, some anarcho and crust, plus Guinness and PBR!!!

I had already grown disgusted with my employer (the U.S. Govt.) and had seen 1st hand the corruption in "the system" especially the police as I worked on base as military police the last year I was in the service. So..... naturally I was drawn to the anarcho, crust, and peace punk stuff. I spent the next few years immersed in that lifestyle.

Now I'm married and I'm just your basic schmuck, unemployed, growing fatter by the day, and I've became quite the computer geek. I spend most of my time on the computer (which explains the getting fat part)

I read a lot too (which is funny because I never read a fucking thing in school) My favorite authors so far are Hunter S. Thompson, Chuck Palahniuk, and Anne Rice. I love the Vampire Chronicles series; I'm on book 5. I know it sounds lame. If you guys know any cool fiction authors in the style of something like Chuck Palahniuk's stuff let me know.

I play guitar and bass, actually have been for 15 years on and off. Anarcho, crust, peace punk, and oi are not the only music I like by a long shot. I love a lot of metal, 80's metal, other genres of punk, ska, reggae, 90s grunge, got, some pop, virtuoso guitarist stuff, and a lot of stuff I don't really know how to categorize, even some douchebag rock such as nickleback etc...

Idk if it's cool to link another site on here but here's my last.fm profile. I haven't had it too long but you could get an idea of all the music I'm interested in if you were so inclined. If you got an account go ahead and friend me if you'd like. http://www.last.fm/user/flinger_of_poo

Sorry for the long ass post. I tried to break it up a bit to make it more readable.

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Hi, welcome !

nice and complete introduction !

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    hi welcome, i reccomed checking out the thread FORT HOOD... your perspective as a former soldier should be interesting :beers:

4. flinger_of_poo

Dec 16, 2009
     United States
    I'm reading that right now. There's a lot to sift through there. I'll probably chime in some time tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcomes.

5. KnockItBack

KnockItBack Active Member Forum Member

Dec 8, 2009

Hello!

What is 'got' music?

6. flinger_of_poo

Dec 16, 2009
     United States
    Haha, greetings. That should read "goth. By goth I'm referring to the early post-punk stuff e.g.... Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Joy Divistion type of stuff.

I know it's a far cry from they style of music represented here but a part of who I am and I hope appropriate for an introduction thread nonetheless.

7. flinger_of_poo

Dec 16, 2009
     United States
    I don't think I can really add any fresh take on things in the Ft. Hood thread. I'll try. Although I'm a former marine, I don't think really like one. You'll find my opinions not so different from your own. I don't claim to be anarchist btw. I am sympathetic to many of the ideals of a lot of anarcho/peace punk bands namely Crass.

8. Extinction

Extinction Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 1, 2009

Hello and welcome. Great choices there. mostly all my friends are goths and listen to the aformentioned music, so I like it a lot as well. Cheers and beers! :beers:

9. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

WELCOME
    glad to have you hear goth ant so bad... okay realy i hate it
    i rely only listen to punk,oi,anarcho, hardcore,ska, crack rock steady and cypresshill and then i use to listen to alot of techno so that comes in to and laslty i listen to freestyle not your shitty radio rap im talking fuckin skilled spit kings

10. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

WELCOME
    glad to have you hear goth ant so bad... okay realy i hate it
    i rely only listen to punk,oi,anarcho, hardcore,ska, crack rock steady and cypresshill and then i use to listen to alot of techno so that comes in to and laslty i listen to freestyle not your shitty radio rap im talking fuckin skilled spit kings