Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hello from southeast Michigan

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by SneakyPhil, Sep 13, 2010.

1. SneakyPhil

SneakyPhil New Member New Member

Sep 7, 2010

Hey, my name is Phil. I'm 21 and I live in southeast Michigan about 30 minutes below Detroit.

I'm big into ska and ska punk. I was introduced to it back in the 9th grade by a hippy/stoner girl and a friend. I appreciate all types of ska/reggae/dub. It's hard saying what my favorite band is because that changes with how my life is going. Some bands I like are Operation Ivy, Rancid, Common Rider, Green Room Rockers, Westbound Train, The Specials, Mr T-Bone and the Young Lions, The Moon Invaders, CV, Morning G, LoC, I like SFH too, InDK, Amebix, Suicide Machines, etc etc. As of recently I've been getting into folk punk and if anyone could suggest some good bands/solo stuff I would be much appreciative. I came here by searching Google for some This Bike is a Pipe Bomb stuff to see if I had missed out on anything. If I like a band I'll try my best to find every fucking song.

I like to skateboard and even though I can't do tricks it's still fun to me. I love the shit out of my bicycle too. I have no musical talent although I am trying to learn to play the harmonica. I've been building and fixing computers since I was in my mid teens. Two of my friends and I started our own business to try and put a dent in Geek Squad because they overcharge people to hell. It's been going ok so far. I like to help people. If anyone here reads this and ever needs any kind of computer help then send me a private message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I was raised catholic but I stopped going to church a long time ago. It sickens me to see what people do/have done in the name of religion. I understand it brings people together but it divides them even better. I like some of the ideals in the bible. LBGT stuff is fine by me because why should we need some government or religious body to tell US who we can be with? I've never been in a fight mostly because I don't go looking and most things can be resolved with words. I saw someone post in a different topic that instead of referring themselves as straight-edge they are just "clean," so I guess I associate with that too. I don't care for drinking or doing drugs, but to each their own. I won't preach to you so please don't preach to me.

Thanks for reading.

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Hey Phil welcome to AP.NET, I would say cheers but I guess I won't... :D

3. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

welcome phil! same as punkmar :D

4. SneakyPhil

SneakyPhil New Member New Member