Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hello from Seattle

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by deadzenmen, Jun 26, 2014.

1. deadzenmen

deadzenmen Member New Member

Jun 25, 2014

Hey - I found this site because I was looking to try and get back into Doom, Aus Rotten, Nausea, etc.... Clearly great bands but, having grown up in the Reagan era, my old mind takes more time to get into anything punk after about 1985. Nevertheless, I'm determined. As much as I like Adolescents, Fear, Misfits, Adicts, Germs, and I do love them, my philosophical heart is drawn to Rudimentary Peni, Dirt, Crucifix, DRI, Icons of Filth, Crass (yes, I saw the long posts), Conflict, Discharge, etc... So, it's time for the next wave of anarcho punk and crust.

It's interesting that, for me as a young punk, anarchy was just the most available rebellious word around and now, with age, a little wisdom, and the help of people like Noam Chomsky, it seems like the only viable system. Hell, even the Desert Fathers, the ascetic religious hermits in 4th century North Africa, were anarchists. As long as communities take care of themselves down to the least and last person, all the religious division that runs rampant today is rendered meaningless against a background of total well being for all.

Ok, enough of the tangent. As someone once said, those who live out the ideals of America are always viewed by Americans as radicals. I'm in my 40s now and as age creeps in on me and I watch more and more people my age trading their idealism for convenience and comfort, I hope I remember that quote. And I hope I always have the courage to stay with that truth, even if I'm the last one in suburbia doing so. If I say one more "preachy" type thing, I'm jumping out the window. See you around....

2. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012