Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hello from Austin, Texas

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by blackenedbrad, Jun 20, 2012.

1. blackenedbrad

blackenedbrad Member Forum Member

Jun 20, 2012

My name is Brad, I'm 27 and I live in Austin, Texas. Currently crashing with the folks, since the finances have been shaky. I was raised with a love for music in just about all forms, but I've gravitated towards punk and metal over the years. I refuse to label myself anything anymore. I used to go by punk rocker, metalhead, etc., and I've been called a hipster more than once, but I don't fit neatly into any category. I like the music that I like, end of story. I was raised as a Christian (we're talking Jesus Camp Christian,) but I've recently come to the conclusion for myself that there IS no higher power, and that we're in control of our own destiny. I got sick of the veiled racism, the blatant homophobia, the sexism, and the "hidden" political agenda in the churches I grew up in. I consider myself somewhat of an anarchist, but there again, I'm labeling myself. I'm me. I exist, I interact with everyone. I can't stand racism, sexism, homophobia, fascism, and people trying to push a political or religious agenda. I joined this site because I like the music, and I do like the ideals, but I also don't necessarily fit into the mold of being an Anarchist or Punk Rocker. I like a lot of things that certainly don't fit into the mold, but I'll leave those at the door.

2. petefukkinellis

petefukkinellis Member New Member

Jun 16, 2012

3. blackenedbrad

Jun 20, 2012

Hello hello. Despite the tone of the introduction, I don't take myself, or really ANYTHING too seriously.

4. petefukkinellis

petefukkinellis Member New Member

Jun 16, 2012

haha....

you should check out the punk rockers forum, its a bit faster paced than this one

http://punkrockers(dot)com/petefukkinellis/friend/

5. rabidpossum

rabidpossum Active Member Forum Member

Jun 9, 2012

rock n roll!

6. Ammon

Ammon Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 6, 2012

welcome to anarcho punk.com, :anarchism:

i from afton va, me and my brother are prettymuch the only punks here, whats the seen like down there

7. blackenedbrad

Jun 20, 2012

It's decent, there's some pretty good bands around here. I like the peeps. Krum Bums are pretty solid, as well Lower Class Brats.

8. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-Skinhooligan Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

Welcome to APN blackenedbrad
    Cheers :beer:

9. blackenedbrad

Jun 20, 2012

Thanks! :beer: Looks like I've jumped into the thick of it with that "loosing my patience" thread. I haven't been on a punk rock forum in years. The last lot I had to talk to were real bastards, and then it got taken over by Nazi Punks.

10. Feralbeest

Feralbeest New Member New Member

Dec 8, 2011

I am in Austin myself, and I have seen the scene change quite a bit over the last 30 years! Rock on!