Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hello brothers and sisters- new member here

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by bigotis88, Dec 25, 2010.

1. bigotis88

bigotis88 Member New Member

Dec 25, 2010

Hello everyone. I stumbled upon this site after looking to buy a "Crucifix Dehumanization" t-shirt. You see, I'm a person who believes in objective truth, and I think that there are many injustices in the world that need to be stopped. Hunger and abject poverty are two injustices that should cease. I don't know much about anarchist beliefs so I will try to listen before I speak. Humility and truth is all I seek.

Some facts about me:
    I've been listening to punk since I was 12 years old (I'm currently 22) and over the last 3-4 years have begun to listen to an eclectic mix of instrumental music. I love instrumental because the music itself puts out the vibe of the moment; there are no limitations to knowing a particular language. Still, I have never stopped loving punk rock because of its "be yourself" philosophy.

I know that there are TONS of different kinds of punk and hardcore, but unfortunately I don't have the time to search out new music. I really like punk that has that edginess without being annoying to hear after a couple of spins. Something that has that punk flavor that I can bop my head to. For example, I love early hardcore punk bands (minor threat, battalion of saints, gang green, etc.) but I get jaded with all those vocals after a while. Maybe that's why I LOVE DISCHARGE because they keep vocals to a minimum while destroying it with their instruments.Some other punk bands that I like are Dead Moon, U.S. bombs, Die Hunns, Electric Frankenstein, GBH.

If you have any suggestions for bands I should hear, let me know!

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

welcome! :beer:

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Welcome to APN ... :ecouteurs:

4. (Filipe)

(Filipe) Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 4, 2010

Welcome :beer:

5. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

Welcome!

6. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Hey man I'm the same way, although I've got my favorite styles I like to mix it up.
    I'll listen to only American Hardcore for a week straight,
    and then switch to Uk82 styled bands or Metal or something.
    It helps keep things fresh

Anyways welcome to the site

Oh and what instrumental music do you listen to?

7. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

If you like Discharge then D-Beat in general will be up your alley, as it is basically different iterations of Discharge. Some bands I'd suggest would be The Varukers (early stuff was UK82, they were actually Discharge's contemporaries), Disclose, Totalitar, Driller Killer, Mob 47, and Decontrol.