Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Guns and anarchist society

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by ungovernable, May 16, 2010.

1. Wooly

Wooly Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 24, 2010

I dont think you understood what i was trying to say, what i meant was if the Volunteer syndicate suddenly decided that they should be getting paid, there would be little that the people they were suposed to be protecting could do other than pay, or face whatever consequences the now corrupt syndicate decided were suitable.

I know its not a very good example of anarchism in action (In-fact since it actually isn't anarchism, its a really bad example), but im trying to get across the idea of the small community's and the problems that they face (Bandits, violent takeovers etc.)
    From what you had explained earlier, it sounded like the syndicates you described were made up by a handful of organised volunteer (or perhaps elected) "law enforcement" or "Security" people. Given a small amount of power in order to look after the interests of all the other people in the community, somewhat like a community watch. It would be relatively easy for those people to say "We are your leaders now". Now from what you are saying about " a syndicate of thousands of people", im not sure i understand what you are on about anymore. Could you explain?
    In Australia, this is not something we are taught about in school, and up until maybe two months ago i didn't even know there was a Spanish revolution. And im new-ish to the whole concept of anarchy, but i hope to be doing some research on Historical examples of anarchy over the next couple of days, maybe ill be more insightful on the subject then.
    Like many skeptics, i dont have another solution at the moment, but maybe i will have one after i read up on the Spanish revolution and such.
    I was simply commenting that a community that did happen to run out of bullets (Perhaps many years after the revolution) would be at the mercy of a community (Or organisation) that was still well supplied with bullets. After many years (perhaps thirty or fourty?) of continuous use of bullets it is reasonable to expect that the supply of bullets would start to dwindle. Lack of any recourse (foe example water, cotton, food, wood, metal) could cause a community to become extremely vulnerable, or cause them to lash out at other community in the hopes of obtaining some of the recourse that they did not have.

2. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Well... after the collapse of society in any case. The production of guns and bullets will virtually disappear, the only ones left with weapons, especially after years of surviving without society, will be gone too. So lets pray for civilizations end shall we?

3. ghoul

ghoul Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

Sure if you want to watch billions of innocent people die from starvation. [sarcasm]That sounds like a good time to me. I personally can't get enough of starving children.[/sarcasm]

4. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Why not be a nihilist instead VB?

5. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    This is ridiculous, this will never happen and never happenned. If they start forcing the peoples to give them money then it's definatly not anarchism and the revolution is screwed. But anyway, money is supposed to be abolished in an anarchist society and the wealth is supposed to be redistributed equally.

And i will have to repeat myself again : there would be multiple groups of independant syndicates, if one of them start acting authoritarian and taking people's possession by force, the other syndicates would quickly stop them. There is absolutly no chance that ALL of the syndicates will start acting that way at the same time.

I already explained many times, i think you just refuse to listen.

Goddamnit, study the anarchist revolution in Spain before claiming yourself as an anarchist and thinking that this concept is bad.

Anyway you failed to suggest anything better.

Yes, if you understand what happenned with the CNT and the POUM in the spanish revolution, you will understand what i'M talking about when i say syndicates should protect us.

Anarchists are peaceful, they will not use as much bullet as the USA currently does. Just take a look at the zapatists, they exist since like a century and they never ran out of bullets, because they use it only to defend themselves

6. bgrass

bgrass Experienced Member Experienced member

Apr 11, 2010

Since you won't answer my question, I will assume violence will be the tool used by you and those that decided that guns should not be allowed. So you have one group creating a social contract that imposes their will upon others through violence when they have done no harm to anyone. This sounds awfully familiar to me. So maybe we should start another thread on what peaceful actions will be prohibited in your "anarchist" community. We should probably also go over what actions will be compelled through violence and what other violent coercion you plan on doing through your direct democracy and social contracts in an "anarchist" society. I just want to be clear on what will happen to me when I refuse to obey your attempt to control me.

7. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Oh my fucking god.... debating with you is a waste of time...

I ansewered your question at least 5 times, NO VIOLENCE WILL NOT BE USED

You obviously don't know shit about what a social contract is.

Social contract is not imposition since peoples will sign the contract on a volunteer basis. Social contract will be representative of the common positions of a community, just like the "who are we" text is representative of anarcho-punk.net members point of unity. Where the fuck is the imposition if someone willfully agree to sign a contract ??

I already explained it many times, you refuse to answer because you stick on your american-brainwashed-by-the-second-amendement's positions.

Oh yeah right, peaceful is not a synonym of owning guns... hahaha !!

don't put anarchist between quotes, this is definatly an anarchist community if it's the peoples themselves who decide how they want to live.

Because a whole community chose to live without guns and everyone agree it makes them fake anarchists ??? Do you realize how fucking stupid you sound??

Paranoia.

I already answered this question. MANY TIMES.

If you disagree with the social contract of a community, then JUST DON'T FUCKING JOIN IT !!!! Why the fuck would you join a community if you disagree with their social contract ??
    It's like this forum, why the fuck would you join the forum if you disagree with our rules ??

If you break a social contract YOU chosen to accept then YOU are the only responsible and you will be kicked out of the community, just like you will be banned from a-p.net if you break our points of unity. So maybe we are a fake anarchist forum too?

Stop using stupid sentences like "attempt to control me". Would you allow nukes in your anarchist community? would you allow chemical weapons? would you allow tanks ?? would you allow nazi militias ?? would you allow private proprety ?? would you allow money ?? oh so you want to attempt to control other persons now ??

And once again, this is not controlling peoples when we ask them to sign a contract saying they agree to accept the way other peoples want to live if they want to join their community. It's just common respect. I seriously don't see where is the control

8. bgrass

Apr 11, 2010

Maybe I am stupid. Maybe just a little slow. But let me get this strait. You won't use violence, but how do you kick someone out of the community?

9. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    You would be voted out and asked to leave, after which if you didn't you would be removed....and why would you want to stay somewhere where you weren't wanted?

10. ghoul

May 16, 2010

I seem to remember something like that from US history. It was called the "Trail of Tears". That is a good question though, why the hell would the natives want to stay where it was obvious they weren't wanted? Why would the Palestinians want to live in Israel? Why do Latinos want to live in Arizona when the state government has sent a message saying they are not wanted there?

The idea that you can just get rid of people that disagree with you is a very dangerous one. History has shown this. Just because the majority agree on something does not make that something always right.

11. bgrass

Apr 11, 2010

Because its my home, and who the fuck is anyone else to threaten me to control what I have, do or don't do when I'm not hurting anyone. Because its control through violence. Because I'm a free man and no one owns me. If you don't want to associate with me cause I have guns fine. If you want to convince others to shun me also, its their right to choose who they talk to and associate with. But keep your fucking hands off me and other people who don't agree with you, no matter how small the percentage of the population in the geographical area might be who chooses to not obey the other group.

There's my fucking point. At the root its violence. At the root its control. At the root its ownership over another person. It doesn't matter if its guns, drugs, knives, certain plants, certain chemicals, certain ideas written on paper or recorded, certain images. If your doing no harm, not attempting to harm and not directly threatening harm to anyone, no one has any business threatening or doing harm against you. Keep your damn hands to yourselves. Aggressive violence is the tool of the state, of government, of slavers and criminals, not the tool of those that believe no man should rule over another.

12. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    What your thick skull doesn't understand or are just being too clever for your own fucking good, is that you will have agreed to join the community under that particular communities charter....what part of this don't you understand? You sound like the genius's in the NRA with that bullshit your spouting, if they allow guns in that anarchist community fine, if they don't you don't have to live there...is that too complicated for your brain? These are Anarcho-Syndicalist principle's. And don't fuckin sit here and preach liberal pacifist bullshit and then demand the community to allow you to set your own individual rules...

And ghoul you are so fucking Melodramatic, you would compare an Anarcho community coming together after somebody has made a problem of themselves (regardless of race) and asking that person to leave the community because they violated their own agreement to institutionalized racism? What your saying demeans the seriousness of what is happening to my people in Arizona and California and Texas and fucking everywhere!! How the fuck dare you? And I would suggest that unless you are doing something about it and not just spouting rhetoric behind a fucking computer that you don't redundantly trivialize the struggle and suffering of an entire race of people.

13. Wooly

May 24, 2010

Its Naive to expect that everybody in a post-revolutionary society would hold firm Anarchist beliefs. Anarchism is seen by most as a taboo topic, simply because they do not understand it. Criminal and extremist (facist/religious) groups would probably still exist in the Post-revolutionary world, and it is not unreasonable to expect them to function as "Bandit Gangs", attacking community and travelers on the road. I would expect and excessive amount of gun use, and the fact that "Anarchists are peaceful" would be null if they were using guns to defend themselves from violent "Non-Anarchists"
    Ive looked back through your posts, and all i can get from it is "A syndicate (group of people) who are volunteers, and trusted to stop psychopaths from obtaining guns"
    I think I must have missed the bit where you talked about more than one syndicate, if there were more one syndicate (possibly working together) in a community, that would definitely help to keep corruption out of the syndicates. Im starting to think that "Syndicate" is the wrong word for what you are describing. But im starting to agree with your idea.

14. ghoul

May 16, 2010

Arizona is a bit far from me so no I am not doing anything about that. Instead I do work with Native Americans considering I live near a few reservations. I help provide food and other assistance to reservations. I witness the end result of the thinking that you can just get rid of people. I see that shit every day. Suggesting that you can just remove people and make them go away is the same thing. You cannot say that just because it's an anarcho system it is justified. You cannot say that because someone disagrees with you that they should be removed. And removed from where? Are you suggesting that there will be borders? An anarchist state with defined borders, nice idea there. It does not matter what system of government it is under, it is wrong.

15. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

To think that the end of civilization will come through starvation is fucking retarded. (no sarcasm)

P.S., your boxes that describe your tone of voice isnt needed you arrogant fuck

16. ghoul

May 16, 2010

The end of civilization would cause starvation. You think food magically appears in markets around the world? Civilization provides the means for us to feed billions of people. Without it we can only sustain 10 million through purely hunter-gather means. So keep praying.

17. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    So your here to criticize Anarchism but you offer no solutions:
    "You cannot say that because someone disagrees with you that they should be removed" this to me sounds like your still going on about NGNM85, and of course they can be removed if they agree to a charter and then don't abide by their own word and again you are trivializing Institutional Racism. So what is your brilliant philosophy that is superior to Anarcho-Syndicalism? I really don't think you have a clue.....

18. Wooly

May 24, 2010

Of course an anarchist society would have borders, how else would you define anarchist areas from non-anarchist areas? And we arnt talking about kicking people out of anarchism all together, simply kicking them out of a community, the removed person could then move to another community within the borders, providing they were welcomed in to that community.

19. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    -_-

In the first place, you wouldn't be able to join the community with guns or join the community if you are against their ideas. So there wouldn't be a need to kick out peoples since everyone in the community would have ACCEPTED to live without guns. Everyone who join would already agree, so the peoples who you pretend we would need to kick out wouldn't even have joined the community.

I think you just don't want to understand. This is very simple and i have explained it multiple times.

You CAN'T go against the will of the majority of the peoples, this is one of the most important basis of anarchism. Whatever the peoples want, you can't go against what they want if they really want it.

For example, today the majority of the peoples want to live in a capitalist system and that's why anarchists doesn't want to make a revolution against their will, and that's why an anarchist revolution would only be done by the majority of the people.

Then just join a community with so-called anarchists who tolerate guns.

Why the fuck do you think you have the right to tell other peoples how to live ? What gives you the right to say that a community where the MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE HAVE CHOSEN TO live without guns aren't right ???

And for the same reasons you just said, i could say that i am allowed to own rocket launchers, i am allowed to own nukes, i am allowed to own chemical weapons and i am also allowed to own tanks, anthrax and agent orange.... All your reasons are still valable : i am supposedly not hurting anyone, and preventing me to have the right to own those weapons would be "control through violence", and it would be "owning me", etc....

See above.

I answered your questions now i want you to answer mine, let me get this straight:

Please confirm me that your so-called "anarchist" society would allow chemical weapons, missile launchers, far-right militias, war weapons, tanks, nukes, anthrax, agent orange, napalm, GMO,
    If i want to, i would also be able to claim proprety ownership over lands and buildings, i would be free of making my own money and starting new capitalism economy,

Don't forget, if you answer "no" to any of these questions it is ownership of the individuals, it is authority and power that would turn into dictatorship like hitler or stalin, control through violence, and all the other bullshit you have said, blah blah blah

Please also confirm me that you would sell war weapons to children and same thing for all the weapons quoted above. Don't forget, everyone should have the same rights, no matter if there is risk of abuse or not ! A kid with a gun "is doing no harm to anyone", like you said.

Since you say we shouldn't be allowed to decide to disallow guns in a community if the majority voted against guns, then i suppose you are against disallowing guns at school if the majority voted against it ?? Remember, you said you can't force other peoples otherwise it would be ownership of the individual, blah blah blah

Anarchists are peaceful, with or without guns.

Seriously once again you prove that you understand nothing of anarchism. The zapatistas is a fucking army (EZLN) and have a lot of fucking weapons, yet guess what ?? It is a peaceful movement and they are NON-VIOLENT. But you probably don't even understand the concept of non-violence (being ready to defend yourself but never attacking the first)

Also, what the fuck would the travelers and the so called bandit gangs steal ?? Stop watching hollywood movies and study anarchism. There would be no proprety in anarchism and all wealth would redistributed equally. And we all know that stealing comes from povrety because they own nothing. Also, money would be abolished, so what the fuck would they steal ?? Money ?? Doesn't exist anymore. Steal things they don't need ?? Why if they can't resell it ??

No, i explained it many times in more detailled ways, i even copy/pasted myself. I also pointed out many historical example but you refuse to hear and you just ignore me.

When i started to talk about syndicates, i gave the CNT as the example.

The CNT means: CONFEDERATION nationale du travail.
    The CNT isn't ONE syndicate, but a federation of many syndicates. The CNT is just federating them so they can act as one and work together. This is the same organ that would be in charge of the protection of the people. But oh yeah i forgot, they would become dictators, they would want to take the power, they would force peoples to pay them for protection, etc.... -_-

Wow man you sould like that idiot NGNM who refused to hear everything we told him.

An anarchist state ?? where the fuck do you see a state ???
    Of course the communities would have "borders", or else how the fuck would you define what and where is a community ??
    The anarchist "no borders" concept concern the countries and the states, which would be indeed abolished. Back to communities and small group of individuals

And yes, if someone create conflicts in an anarchist community or is against the will of the people he CAN and WILL be exiled. That's exactly what they have done in spanish revolution with franco and the collaborationists. And this is exactly what the zapatists are doing in mexico with the state-supporters troublemakers. This is also what all anarchist forums on the web are doing.

You will never understand anything, you sound like that NGNM idiot...

20. bgrass

Apr 11, 2010

Its not my place to "allow", I have no authority till it becomes an immediate threat against me or others. I have no problem with property, I do have a problem with someone claiming some large piece of land as theirs when the have not mixed their labor with it, as governments have done. I have no problem with trade, as long as it is not fraudulent. I will not use violence, unless violence is threatened against me or others. I have no authority beyond myself.

I would not sell weapons to children, and I would actively oppose anyone who did irresponsibly, but I would not turn to violence.

I'm saying it is immoral and an assumption of ownership to use aggressive violence to force someone not to have a gun. Everyone in the community is free to not own weapons, they are free to expose those they find that do, they are not free to turn to violence as that person is not their property, they have not authority over them. The opposite is also true, everyone is free to have a gun, but they are not free to impose gun ownership on anyone. A school can have whatever rules it wants, because its rules are limited to the school and not a persons home. So a school can prohibit guns from the school, cannot prohibit a student from having a gun outside of school.

The issue is violence, not guns. Violence is what determines ownership. That is why defensive violence is fine, you own your self so you have all authority to defend yourself against others. It is also why aggressive violence is wrong. You do not own the other person, so you have no authority to initiate force against them, and if you do initiate force you have made an assumption of ownership over that person. I believe owning other people is wrong, so I will not use aggressive violence to get what I want. If I want a gun free community, I will use voluntary means to do so, not violence. I have all the authority to use my voice to speak out against guns and those who own guns. If have all authority to not associate with those people, to not help them, to not look at them. But I have no authority to lay hands on them, to make threats of violence, to do harm to them.