Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

GUitarist/songwriter looking to form Crusty Thrashcore band in Western MA (Northampton area in particular)

Discussion in 'Band promotion & new album releases' started by DirtyRottenThrashPunk, Nov 12, 2010.

1. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

Yeah, so I NEED to get a band going, I have almost 20 songs ready (no lyrics really though, though I do have some ideas, but I need a lyricist). I need a drummer, vocalist (can be on whatever instrument as well as long as they can play fast and tight and scream/shout at the same time), bassist, and a second guitarist. My songwriting is mainly influenced by Thrashcore, though also has plenty of hints from (old) Crust Punk, D-beat, Crossover Thrash, classic Hardcore, etc. Of course the lyrics would have to be very leftist political commentary, though some other subjects here and there is fine. Some of the specific bands I am most influenced by are Dirty Rotten Imbeciles, Electro-Hippies, Cryptic Slaughter, Limp Wrist, Municipal Waste, and Discharge. I envision myself as the main (musical) songwriter in this band, though would always be open to doing other peoples songs, as long as they work/fit in with the bands sound. I am 17 and still living with my parents, and due some recent trouble (lets just say I'm very much not sXe) I need any potential band members to be 20 or (preferably) younger. My place is not good to practice really as a drumset definitely wouldn't fit. If you are interested in getting together, and live near enough Northampton, email me about it @ guitarrkr@hotmail.com

2. deadrock98

deadrock98 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 3, 2010
     United States
    When you say Discharge are we talking about early Discharge, horrible metal Discharge or the newer Discharge?

3. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

Early DIscharge of course, though my stuff is a lot faster. Haha would any DIscharge besides the early stuff fit with the other influences mentioned?

4. deadrock98

Jun 3, 2010
     United States
    good point. but making sure cause i knew a kid who liked the metal Discharge a lot more then anything else. well i live in Providence so not sure if that works for you

5. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

Well I don't actually know how far that is from Northampton...and I don't have a car/license or anything myself =\...though what do ya play?

6. deadrock98

Jun 3, 2010
     United States
    i play guitar and i am actually working on my own anarcho crust project

7. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

Wait so are you not available for other projects because of this other one?

8. deadrock98

Jun 3, 2010
     United States
    well since no one in Providence wants to do a live anarcho crust band since its not really the cool thing to do i am going to try and make it more or less recording only for now. i am working on getting a drum machine or a drumset to do drum beats to the few guitar tracks i got. its more along the lines of Electro Hippies and Anti System and Doom but with more of a peace punk vibe

9. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

Well good luck with that. Also, FUCK YES on Electro-Hippies. They kick so much ass...and have been a pretty big influence on the sound of my songs I've been writing too (though the biggest has been DRI on their first two albums)

10. deadrock98

Jun 3, 2010
     United States
    my friend is going to the DRI show tonight. i was never that big into the whole crossover thrash stuff.

11. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

Well I'm into early DRI, the thrashcore stuff, most. The crossover stuff is ok, but the early stuff is much better.