Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Growing Marijuana, Bud, Pot...

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Vegetarian Barbarian, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Ok, so im planning to harvest some seeds in the upcoming weeks. I was wondering if anyone here has any really good info on growing outdoors. I was just planning on throwing the seeds in the ground and growing them like a plant. Would this be ok? Im too poor to afford anything like an incubator and stuff. But i need lots of tips and stuff on how to get the most out of what seeds i get as well.

Also, what are good seeds you recommend?? I was thinking of going with either White Widow, AK-47 or some type of Kush, but im not sure. Any good seed banks to go through? I just dont wanna get jipped and all.

Any information would be appreciated!!

2. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Dunno about seed banks etc, but I get the best effect from Haze varieties (Amnesia, Triple Haze), it's quite strong, but White Widow ain't one of the lighter ones either.
    And growing them shouldn't be too difficult, tho you might want to shelter them a bit indoors first to make sure and then plant them outside later perhaps.
    Also try and make sure that there's no chickens around, guy I know had his plants mauled by them, as they seem to like the tips of the plant XD

3. BlinkoChrist

BlinkoChrist Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

Yeah don't overwater/over fertilize and miracle grow kicks so much ass. Also, wait awhile to pick em wait a weekafter you think there ready, thats my personal rule of thumb.

4. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Its worked before
    its also failed a good handful of times
    you need good conditions
    'someone' had some right by the river (literally 3-5 feet away from the water)
    and they got tall as hell and produced some quality buds

bugs n' animals will try and eat it
    i dunno about recommending pesticide tho

expect mixed results when growing outdoors like that

5. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

my dad told me something about one of his friends owning a marijuana tree...dunno if its true but its interesting?

6. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Since they are very sensitive about the light and they need the exact right hours of light for different stages in their growing cycle, and that's very difficult to controll outdoors, i'd recomend you prioritize buying seeds from an outdoor kind. Even then they are best started indoors. Growing outdoors will also make it harder to keep males and females completely separated, so i'd go with feminized seeds. You can often find lots of useful info from where you buy the seeds.
    For a short pre-growing inside there are cheaper lampbulbs you can use, that are special for plants and you can find them in regular plantstores and lampstores.
    Just to clarify, my knowings on this subject are purely theoretical.

7. badman

badman Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 24, 2010

You may end up with tiny black sider mites on your plant, these can be combated by using ladybugs who eat the spider mite. better then using spray. Everything else is just down to common sense really, and birds WILL eat your seeds so try to find a way to prevent that.

8. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Netting is easiest for that.
    Also don't expect to get really, really stoned off of outside weed, unless you've pumped them full of plant steroids. You usually get a very good, long-lasting high.

9. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    if you can try to get some animal fertilizer(they say cow s the best,also from pig,or horse)try to fertilize the land where you re gonna put it.for me it has done wonders and yes near water is good position

10. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

My mate used to pump some CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) into the small room where his hydro set was and it helped the plants out quite nicely.