Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Greetings All

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by geekymetalhead, May 2, 2010.

1. geekymetalhead

geekymetalhead Member New Member

May 2, 2010

Good afternoon (or night, or morning where ever you might be) anarcho-punk.net! I'm not only new to this site, but also to this style of music. I'm a metalhead, and was listening to metal from about the age of fourteen. It wasn't until recently that I got into punk, and really it's been crust for me. Grind bands were my gateway drug into crust (PxDx, Napalm).

I'm not sure what kind of reaction this will get, but here it goes: I'm in the Air Force, and have been for about four years now. Now, please understand that only in the last year have I been reading leftist/anarchist theory. It all makes far too much sense, and as a result I hate what I am, truly. When I first entered the af, I was still a liberal, but I believed that despite the utter fuck up of a war that I would be supporting, I could still come to terms with the fact that I would be involved in the defense of the country. Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn, among others, helped me see things in a whole new way, so now I understand that "national defense" is a bullshit term.

Since I"m still new to the genre, I"ll welcome any good recommendations. I've been listening to Behind Enemy Lines, Resistant Culture, Caustic Christ, and Aus-Rotten. I'm still a metalhead, so I've also been listening to some Red Anarchist BM, like Fall of the Bastard and Panopticon. I really like Iskra (blackened crust) too.

Glad to be here, hope to have some good conversations.

2. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

Hello geekymetalhead! Thats funny that grind was your gateway to crust, crust was my gateway to grind! You should check out maybe Phobia or Skarp if you haven't. And Panopticon is amazing. Never has one dude done so much for my ears as that guy. Have fun and don't let Cocytus find out your in the air force :p

3. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

Welcome to the community! You should check out doom, amebix, antisect, electro hippies, and hellbastard!

4. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

you should also heck out severed head of state
    my favourite crust punk band :D

5. geekymetalhead

geekymetalhead Member New Member

May 2, 2010

Thanks for the reception and the recommendations. dwtcos, I love me some Phobia :)

6. Tezra

Tezra New Member New Member

Apr 12, 2010

CONTRAVENE! if you like the whole crust punk thing, i was introduced to them awhile ago by a friend who has been in the punk scene a long time, and turns out allot of punks end up listening to crust punk as they get more into the scene and grow up a bit. Anyways Mankind? is another good band, but if you liked the whole metal thing, then contravene, dystopia you will love, naked aggression. Love it.