Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Greece police brutality

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by ungovernable, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

3. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

Fucking hell! It's turning into a proper fucked up police state. Can anything be done from the outside?

4. stab116

stab116 Member New Member

Jun 2, 2011

I wish people in Romania could be as badass (or maybe as educated) as the Greeks and do something about the shitty government. Last year I think this huge protest occured, there were like 40,000 people gathered in front of the parliament, but they kinda got bored soon and they started to sing and dance. And I can't believe that some time later one of the guys that organized the protest said that there were government agents among that crowd and they were the ones that urged people to dance! If he made a mistake, he should at least be responsible for it, or else he's no better than the politicians!

5. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Germun news are brimming with the coming law to support the greek economy, the nations mother in berlin calls for "private" interests to make up for the empty coffers of the state and the EU - the answer to this heartbreaking plea wasn't that great and some concerned good citizens put a suit at the constitutional court against the law draft, claiming it's the ruin of the germun economy too - do I get a wiff of capitalism eating itself? Guess that's worth a little dance on the street!

6. Devotchka

Devotchka Member Forum Member

Jun 17, 2011

Why was there a protest?
    Last time I went to Romania, there were very few anarchists and a few punks roaming the streets. Agreed, most of the people don't know or don't care much about changing things. They just feel like dancing to their "manele" and having a good time. It's like that in a lot of cultures. But it's good to see that some of us actually believe in revolution.

7. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

At least for Bukarest it isn't that bad, two active collectives organizing their living and organizing social support besides working, I forgot the name of the part of the city, I don't speak romany, so I didn't got real contact when I was there.
    Three years ago they had some serious trouble with the cops including the anti-terror-terminators and survived much better than expected, so they are still active and kicking here and there.
    We have some germun reports and documentation about their activities, I'll try to translate and post it, maybe you'll want to contact them, but as everywhere, it's not all about dancing and fun...

8. stab116

stab116 Member New Member

Jun 2, 2011

The people that took part in the protest in Bucharest aren't anarchists. Similar to Greece, they're regular citizens, lower and middle class, that work in the public sector and had their wages reduced and other stuff like that (austerity measures).
    No thanks, I'm still young and I don't want to get involved for now.