Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Government Officials raid Organic Farm

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by sparkey976, Dec 13, 2011.

1. sparkey976

sparkey976 Active Member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2011

I'm not sure how old this is but it's new to me so I thought I'd share in the horror,shit like this makes me
    bloodthirsty and all sortsa rabid wtf! especially since I have a quarter acre sized garden and I probably
    feed half the town. I seriously need to prepare for the shit thats about to go down, well more than I
    already am:)

come get some :ecouteurs: :a: :skinhead: :a:

Government Officials threaten and raid Organic Farmers

In the most recent display of a government that has spiraled out of control, a group of Nevada Organic
    Farm Supporters were forced to destroy their organic food after coming together for a picnic at the Quail
    Hollow Farm. When local supporters of the farm came together for a “Farm to Fork” picnic their day quickly
    turned into a possible criminal offense when the Southern Nevada Health District showed up to shut it down.
    Apparently feeding your friends and family local organic farm raised food is now illegal in Nevada.
    The Southern Nevada Health Department officials threatened guests with police action if the organizers didn’t
    destroy all of the food. The farmers were forced to destroy the prepared meats and vegetables and were even
    forced to pour bleach on the food so they wouldn’t even be able to feed it to their pigs. According to guests, it
    was the only way they would be allowed to continue their party. According to the Health district any meat that is
    not USDA certified or provided by a government approved source is now illegal to eat. They also informed the
    farmers that for some reason their vegetables were now considered a Bio-Hazard and had to be disposed of as well.

2. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-Skinhooligan Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

I wonder if this weird shit is some how related to those fucks Monsanto?

3. sparkey976

Nov 11, 2011

sure is! their pushing for domination of the worlds food supply,thru the WTO of course, I saw another artical saying the same law that's going to pass in New Zealand soon. we can expect more of this shit. :(

4. Sick Boy 77

Sick Boy 77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Mar 29, 2010

fuck'em. i am tired of this shit. they just want to control everything that isn't making them money. where did you get this story? I want to send it to some other people.

5. sparkey976

Nov 11, 2011

6. Danarchy

Danarchy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 16, 2012
     Canada
    New Zealand did pass their bill.

Here in BC the provincial government passed regulation that all animals intended to be sold to the public must be slaughter in the presence of a provincial inspector as the majority of small butcher/ abbatoir facilities were mom and pop businesses the new regulation forced them all out of business. As a result most of the organic producers I know of culled their herds prior to the legislation and just left the meat industry all together. This was all done under the auspices of public health and was not even brought forward as an agricultural bill but a health authority one. The Liberal Health Minister that wrote the bill went on to become a VP of Maple Leaf Meats who were just responsible for poisoning hundreds and killing 21 in the largest Literia outbreak in Canadian history. The facility responsible - provincially inspected. If your Vegan or Vegetarian, I applaud you but not all of us are and this is as much a blow to ethically raised animals as it is to small farm income.

As you all consider your future food security, particularily young anarchists, consider WWOOF'ing this year. Whenever you can/ do shop for food get it from a farmer directly at a farmers market. If you feel that you can't afford to eat local organic food, your wrong. Talk to farmers, we are always willing to barter and trade, though some aren't as progressive as I. Get control of your food before control of your food gets away from you.

7. AdolfPatler88

AdolfPatler88 Member Forum Member

Jan 18, 2012
     United States
    Hahaha damn the man!

8. AdolfPatler88

AdolfPatler88 Member Forum Member

Jan 18, 2012
     United States
    War on nature, Its really sad that my government spends hard earned tax money on fighting plants. Its not like pot plants are like Audrey II from the movie little shop of horrors. Besides I'm sure that 1/3 of the tax money used to fight the "War on drugs" is all that is being used for that. I'm sure "they" use most of the money for government kick backs, or just for what governers and senators want to use it for. Plus maybe some of it goes to the defense program. I hate to say it because I love, but alcohol causes so much more damage on American society. You don't hear about "Pot Heads" crashing cars and killing people becuase they we're to stoned to drive...Most stoners are good drivers and don't take chances or drive fast. LoL. It really does more harm making pot illegal. When something is illegal a "black market" is created for the product. And what comes with a black market is shit like violence, criminalization of innocent people, gang wars, and alot of other bad shit. The policy makers are the ones that create all the bad shit in our society, just by making stuff illegal. Legalize all drugs! Thats what I say, And watch crime disappear over night. People will argue that if you legalize all drugs society will be full of drug addicts..Pfft it all is, nothing will change we will still have the same drug addicts. The only thing that would change is their will be no more black market for it and Mexican drug cartels will be out of a job. It would save many lives. Fuck the "War on drugs"!!!!! :ecouteurs: