Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Good Evening From Michigan

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by iancurtisdrone, Jun 11, 2010.

1. iancurtisdrone

iancurtisdrone New Member New Member

Jun 7, 2010

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here I suppose, I'm from Kalamazoo Michigan and here's some stuff I've been into all types of punk (except pop-punk crap) for a good fifteen years now. Feeling kind of of old, anyways here's a list of some stuff I've been listening to as of late....Admit Your Shit, Amebix, Black sabbath, Venom, Bathory, Crass, Citizen Fish, Woody Guthrie, Hank Williams Sr. & a bunch of other random crap. I've been on the lookout for some good anarchist folk so if anyone can give some suggestions that'd be cool, I'm also always on the lookout for good anarchist lit. so some suggestions there wopuld be swell too. Anyways....Cheers

2. stinagen

stinagen Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 6, 2009

OI! welcome

3. drfaustxxx

drfaustxxx Active Member Forum Member

May 1, 2010

Dude you have wonderful taste in music. I just recently have been listening to a lot of folk punk and I found a band called blackbird raum that is simply phenomenal. They follow pretty hardcore anarcho punk ethic and still keep fairly traditional folk elements. Zydepunks is a zydeco punk band that is some of the crazziest shit I have heard but there stuff is pretty hard to come by. Kultur Shock is a gypsy punk band that focuses more on metal than punk but they are fucking amazing theyve toured with iggy pop and gogol but still no one has heard of them...

4. Bunny

Bunny Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

welcome :ecouteurs:
    there are tons of bands to check out in the download section, so have some fun with that.

5. easy e

easy e Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 30, 2010

welcome, fellow michigander! :)

6. Milan

Milan Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 13, 2010

Welcome aboard! :D

Blackbird Raum and Kultur Shock are great, I really like the folk influence in Blackbird Raum,
    their music isalso has a eastern-european gipsy-like influence :)

7. smartboyalex

smartboyalex Member Forum Member

Oct 5, 2011

Im also from Kalamazoo !! Glad to know im not alone.