Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Goldfinger

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by persona-non-grata, Feb 2, 2011.

1. deancatlett

deancatlett Member Forum Member

Jan 25, 2011

Listen, being on MTV is an immediate disqualification. It really doesn't matter if "some kid gets the right idea" along the way, they are still playing into the commercialization of punk music and the entire culture in general. The whole point being; catering to a major media outlet defeats the point entirely, and anyone who defends such actions participates in them willingly (albeit unknowingly).
    Anyway we were all young once and listened to some shitty bands along the way, but Goldfinger? COME ON! Thats the sort of shit you had to pretend to like so the cute girl in class would talk to you in middle school.

2. Malignance_is_bliss

Malignance_is_bliss Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Jun 10, 2010

this is off-topic, but since the dead kennedys were mentioned, my friend told me over the weekend that they got back together, and that they are complete shit. anyone know of this?

3. JOE01

JOE01 Active Member Forum Member

Feb 6, 2011

Don't know a lot about them, other than what I have heard which isn't really doing much for me. I helped to some extent with the Direct Action arkangel comp CD and Goldfinger contributed a track where they are basically crying about the cops busting them. OK it's never nice to be given shit off the cops but the song seems to base itself around being all emo that he spent his 'whole damn life' with trust in the police. My trust of the police was eroded in childhood so I found it a pretty lame thing to be writing about to be honest. Still a lot of people like Goldfinger and they potentially encourage a lot of people to give up eating meat, which is great BUT I'm suspicious at the same time, don't really see them doing much else to challenge the issues that affect us as human beings, which is of equal importance to the repression animals are subjected to in my opinion.