Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Going Dutch

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Rathryn, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Yeah, lame pun for a topic-title I know.
    Anyway, I found this site through a music download and decided to see which other bands were on here. At first this was supposed to be the only reason for me checking out the website, but I decided to give some of the topics a quick browse as well and decided to see if I had something intelligent to add every now and then.
    So here goes, I'm a 23 year old dude from Holland/Netherlands (whichever you prefer), living closer to Antwerp than to Amsterdam in the south-western province Zeeland. I live a mile outside of a small town.
    As for my political points-of-view, I'm not entirely sure yet but I'm drawn to anarchism most of all, as it seems the most fair and in the end morally profitable of all systems I know of. I can honestly say though that I do not really attach too much value to money and it's corresponding exploitations of my or anyone else's labour and greed/corruption. Personally I think a resource-based economy on a smaller scale would be more 'profitable' than sticking to discs of metal and pieces of paper with no practical value except for that which is insinuated on 'em.
    Going on to more 'trivial' matters, I like a lot of bands, a lot of styles of music, but I prefer punk and hardcore. Some of the bands I like most are: Clawfinger, The Ramones, Maximum the Hormones, 999, Conflict and probably a lot more that I forgot about at this point.
    I don't play any instruments, but I write some lyrics every now and then, which are mostly about stuff that bothers me or I need to put down in written words. At one point me and some friends decided to form a band as well, with me as singer, but it didn't turn out that well. After just one practice session everyone's schedules couldn't be lined up properly and were already on hiatus.
    So yeah, that should be about it. I think I'm going to lurk for a short while first to get a feel of the place, then join in the fray. If there's anything else just ask me, I'm usually honest (unless I'm drunk... or stoned... or both).

2. Extinction

Extinction Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 1, 2009

Welcome sir! \m/

How's the Netherlands this time of year?

3. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Dreary actually. Clouded, no sun to be seen and it's starting to get dark, even though it's only 17.15, or 5.15 PM

4. Extinction

Extinction Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 1, 2009

About the same here in Minnesota, it's been raining so much this past month.