Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

G.I.S.M. Horrendous Album Artwork

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Dom Smith, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Dom Smith

Dom Smith New Member New Member

Sep 20, 2017
    Ohio, United States  United States
    Perhaps I missed it but I'm surprised that no one has talked about this album cover on here, which is G.I.S.M.'s Determination from 2015. Cover can be seen here: G.I.S.M. - Determination (CD, Japan, 2015) For Sale | Discogs and the one (brief) discussion I could find about it is here: Worst Album Artwork Of The 2015 (Rolling) / Music Forum // Drowned In Sound .

I get G.I.S.M. is from the 80s and has always been an extreme and shocking band with imagery to match, plus 80s punk bands tended to use shocking imagery involving swastikas and shit, but this seems like it goes to far. Going further than that, if this cover isn't satirical it's just super anti-semitic, I mean "jew banks"...come on...All in all I'm surprised Sakevi hasn't got more heat for this because it seems like it perpetuates hatred and conspiracy theories rather than effectively critiquing them.

P.S. In the drownedinsound forum the commenter says "Sakevi, always had a reputation as a bit of a psycho. It seems from a bit of internet research that since the period when the band were active, he has progressed into a full on conspiracy theory spouting wackjob though, and it was him who designed this cover. Real shame" - can anyone verify this claim? I can't seem to find anything about Sakevi being a conspiracy theorist (other than what this cover seems to imply)

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    That cover is shit..

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Active Member Forum Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Florida, United States  United States
    What were you expecting from a guy who's been known as a maniac for nearly 40 years and is known by some people more for beating up random people or even burning them with fire than for his actual music?

LordManHammer likes this.
  4. Dom Smith

Dom Smith New Member New Member

Sep 20, 2017
    Ohio, United States  United States
    I guess not much lol. Love the music but yeah you got make a good point...

5. LordManHammer

LordManHammer Member Forum Member

Dec 13, 2019
    Male
    Lantana Floriduh  United States