Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Fuck the 4-skins! Boycott em'

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by SurgeryXdisaster, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Manufactured Consent

Manufactured Consent Member Forum Member

Aug 12, 2012

I am usually strongly anti-violence, but the best way to deal with a school bully is an uppercut in the solar-plexus

2. TardisPunk

TardisPunk Active Member Forum Member

Jun 10, 2011

Good idea. Condemned 84, The Exploited, 4 Skins, Infa-Riot are all allegedly racist and/or Nazis. Who next, Oi Polloi and The Oppressed? :lmao:

3. Jolly

Jolly New Member New Member

Sep 1, 2012

as somebody who spent a bit of time with that line up when he was a member I don't remember him ever expressing any far right political views in my presence. In fact i remember him as being rather quiet and I was shocked when he later joined Skrewdriver. For the record my politics have always been left of centre.

4. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

Only real skinhead bands I'm into are Patriot (apolitical anti-racist anti-fascist OI from North Carolina, produced by Lars Fredriksen), and Lars Fredriksen's new band "The Old Firm Casuals".

5. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    How can you be apolitical and antifascist at the same time that makes no sense whatsoever :ecouteurs:

6. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

That's what they claim, I read their singer's FB and he's a libertarian so I can't complain there. I really like the sound of Oi, I just don't like some of the lyrical content. but since there's bands that don't need to offend me so I'm ok.

Anyways how are The Exploited racist??

7. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    No disrespect, but figure it out for yourself...I'm sick to death of talking about that issue.

8. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

I've been listening to em for years and I've never noticed anything racist about them. That's why I asked.

9. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

I finally see what you mean, about The Exploited, seems Wattie doesn't give 2 shits about who he associates with, which IMO is a problem. I still like "Punk's Not Dead" that was the only album I really liked by em.

10. anokpeas

anokpeas New Member New Member

May 10, 2010

this is the dumbest thread

11. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    And obviously the dumbest argumentation seen in the whole thread. Thanks for registering just for telling that to us. If you think critising anti-immigration propaganda is dumb then you have nothing to do on an anarchist forum.

12. Molotov Punk

Molotov Punk Member Forum Member

Nov 6, 2012

So if one berates the "supposed" far right lyrics of the 4 Skins in this thread on the bases of being racist, does one question say...the Dead Kennedys lyrics for being far left and racist? I Think not since most folks can decipher the paradox created within their music and that many of us detest politics from both sides, right and left. Anyone asking for someone to boycott a band on these terms is lame in my opinion! True anarchy has no place for monotheists nor venal headed government politics. Reading the "Manifesto" and concealing your face with a hammer and sickle rag does not make you a revolutionary.

13. anokpeas

May 10, 2010

fascist

14. anokpeas

May 10, 2010

truth.

15. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

haha man, how on earth is that fascist?

anyone can listen to a right wing band, i just don`t see the point and I`m glad someone points out these things.
    the info is handed to you, now its your choice if you want to support the band or not.
    and besides, this
    doesn`t require any deciphering. its all there, up front.

16. Molotov Punk

Nov 6, 2012

"You spend your life on welfare lines
    Or looking for handouts
    Why don't you go find a job
    You birth more kids to up your checks
    So you can buy more drugs
    Cash in food stamps and get drunk

How come it's minorities who cry
    Things are too tough
    On TV with their gold chains
    Claim they don't have enough
    I say make them clean the sewers
    Don't take no resistance
    If they don't like it go to hell
    And cut their public assistance"

Hmm...I suppose A.F. are far right nationalist too?

17. nclpw

May 25, 2012

uh yes that is in fact very racist. you could pick that off any right wing party program.

18. Molotov Punk

Nov 6, 2012

So are statistics racist? Are facts racist? Agnostic Front is not my favorite band but I get the realization they were at that time trying bring to light just like many bands I concur on many things that I believe are in fact true. Anyways, like you said, any can listen to what they want...4 Skins are alright and if anyone has ever heard the song "A.C.A.B." and knows the lyrics then you might wonder why this thread of "paranoia" subsists.

Now time for Steel Reserve!

19. nclpw

May 25, 2012

ARE YOU FUCKING TROLLING ME?
    Statistics are NOT made to generalize and should not be used so! And what statistics, exactly? Which statistic states that most immigrants are babymachines with gold chains? I`m an immigrant, my mother is too. She works hard and had to go through a lot to get where she is today.

Those lyrics are racist, and I`ve never liked agnostic front.

Oh and your so called "facts" are bullshit. Go wave your wp flag somewhere else.

20. morethanfights

morethanfights Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

<3

.....and steel reserve sucks