Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Fuck the 4-skins! Boycott em'

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by SurgeryXdisaster, Jul 31, 2010.

1. grumpypunk

grumpypunk New Member New Member

Mar 4, 2012

is it too much to ask for you to now pop back and critisize the person spreading lies, after all, in your eyes my only wrong doing was to not contribute to this "debate". This person told utter lies and may of caused trouble for a band that he knows nothing about. Might be a better course of action to rid this forum of liars and trouble makers rather than people like me.

2. Adolf_Zeising

Adolf_Zeising New Member New Member

Apr 12, 2011

Cause of this thread I've discovered the band Black Marias Grumpypunk good stuff man. On the topic of boycotting bands it's frigging retardic. Don't listen to em then. If you find yourself in the position of regularly listening to racist bullshit producing bands, then maybe you need to check your playlist or what gigs you go to. I'm a skinhead and proud.

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    That person was banned several days ago, however we have no reliable way to verify or deny peoples posts except in extreme cases...other than taking them at their word for the most part, so we'll have to take your word grumpypunk that you and your band don't lean right in the slightest.

Yeah we don't happen to think anything is "retardic" around this forum, boycotting bands can send a strong message to people and we are activist anarchists so these things go hand in hand....congratulations on your choice of haircut and your pride by the way...

4. Adolf_Zeising

Apr 12, 2011

Lol. Yeah i'm pretty proud of my afro thanks and i don't think i could pull off the women equivalent of the skinhead haircut without looking like side show bob. The infusion of Jamaican & British working class culture is something that i'm definitely proud of. The action of boycotting bands is pointless, it just gives them more notoriety and attracts more idiots who want audible outlet to there racist views. However i do advocate just ignoring them which is different from a boycott cause it doesn't even validate there existence.

Oh why Paul Bogle cause he Jamaican National Hero...

5. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

You can't actually ignore things into not existing. Your parents lied when they taught you this about bullies.

Why am I even bothering?

6. Adolf_Zeising

Apr 12, 2011

Maybe you can point to the study that proves that listening to racist bands turns highly intelligent people into racists
    and if you can Derek Danger, hell yeah i'll be telling any kid that will listen that not only do bullies exist
    but you should be boycotting them as well. Feck invisible bullies and racist too...

7. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

I don't want to listen to musicians that are racist. I will not purchase or listen to their music. I will also inform people of bands that have questionable views so they have the ability to make a choice. I don't know the Black Marias but I'd take them at their word. Especially as Booze and Glory certainly associate heavily with non-RAC bands, throwing the original post into disrepute.

8. grumpypunk

grumpypunk New Member New Member

Mar 4, 2012

The Black Marias have a black drummer, their bassist (me) will regular post on post on facebook blatant anti nazi songs.....all members of the band detest racists..there, ive said it....all clear now?

9. svennis777

svennis777 Member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010
     United Kingdom
    In regards to differenceds between nationalism and and fascism etc

nationalism doesnt have to be fascist

but .... nationalism divides the working class and is a tool of the rulers and capitalists that lords it over us.
    as a worker interested in a stateless and classless society run through mutual aid and cooperation
    i fail to see how its could benefit me or anyone in our class.

class pride world wide

www.solfed.org.uk

10. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

Of course its not necessarily fascist, but nationalists tend to have quite extreme opinions on immigration(etc).
    Its more important to have pride in yourself.

11. CrustAndSkin

CrustAndSkin Member Forum Member

May 30, 2012

I don't know what to think about them,I always liked them and their music,but now this nacionalist shit...

12. Verity

Verity Member Forum Member

Jun 1, 2012

Wow, it happened here didn't it? My two bits worth- From my perspective, the best that can be said aout the 4-Skins giving their claimed anti-fascism full credence :lmao: is that they don't let principle get inthe way of making $$$$. It would appear that the group is desperate for any gig so playing for fascists is ok cuz the 4-Skins, well they say they're anti so its cool isn't it? And the fact that they've never actually come out and explicitly condemned the rascists in their fanbase suggests they value the $$$ of their rascist fans more than their claimed anti-fascism. Not that I'm being at all sarcartic mind.... :lmao:

'We can't control..." is the classic bullshit from all manner of troll mouths before the verbal crap starts. The 4-Skins stance is comparable to that of ordinary Germans profiting from the stolen spoils of the Third Reich's many millions of victims. It's a phenomenon known as BYSTANDERISM, where the individual knows that what is occurring is wrong, says nothing against the practice [possibly for reasons of self-preservation not relevant here], and probably profiting from the situation, indirectly through revised mployment practices for examle, or directly through the acquisition of property or status. :ecouteurs:

But the 4-Skins ain't just bystanders though, are they? This has been dogging them for decades and if it mattered to them, surely the 4-Skins would've beefed up their anti-rascist cred if nothing else. Have they? no. Instead we get populist shit about their fuckin war [sorry but I've had grief from the state over my beliefs on this] and an anti-immigration diatribe. and NO Sorry. FUCK OFF. If I want to hear that shit I'll listen to politicans.

As far as I'm concerned the 4-Skins can go into the 'Fellow Traveller" file. Fuck them off out of here and blacklist them.
    {excuse the 'french', the more I read... :@ }

JACKNEGATIVITY talked a lot of sense :thumbsup:

13. Verity

Verity Member Forum Member

Jun 1, 2012

Off topic, no Stooges = no punk. Hmmmm
    but
    no punk = no hardcore/thrash/crust
    I'd suggest that no one country can lay claim to the beast we all <3 . Each country has people that represented the zeitgeist. Here it was Radio Birdman, Saints and Jimmy and the Boys [Sydney} et al [don't know about Melbourne, but the core in Sydney was around Phantonm Records in Pitt Sreet and a metal joint in martin Place].
    Is that a fair call for all our musicalnationalists here? :lmao:

14. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    See ya troll

15. Warfiend

Warfiend Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 11, 2011

On the subject of the 4-Skins, they recently played a gig in Swindon, UK which was billed as a "Help For Heroes benefit". The gig was called "Carry On Oi!" and featured several notorious, dodgy, right-wing bands. What's more is that the "security" for the event was organised by Blood & Honour and there are several videos from that night showing several members of the audience (and security, and promoter...) Sieg Hielling!

16. homegrown terror

homegrown terror Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 13, 2012

is cock sparrer clean, or do they have ties as well? i've always loved their music, and never heard anything questionable about them (except their taste in clothing) but now i need to know if anyone's heard otherwise.

17. TardisPunk

TardisPunk Active Member Forum Member

Jun 10, 2011

As far as i know they are not dodgy, but you never know nowdays. I've heard people say CONFLICT support fascism. lol

18. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I hope you laughed in their faces on that one... :ecouteurs:

19. TardisPunk

TardisPunk Active Member Forum Member

Jun 10, 2011

I sure did. :lmao:

20. Manufactured Consent

Manufactured Consent Member Forum Member

Aug 12, 2012

Can't we start a thread with a list bands who hold racist/otherwise discriminatory views(with links to sources and proof) so we know who to boycott?

I, for one, really want to know if the bands I listen to promote discrimination so I can boycott them. You won't believe how many BM bands I've given up on...