Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Fuck the 4-skins! Boycott em'

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by SurgeryXdisaster, Jul 31, 2010.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    @Phiw:

Sounds good....but its bullshit, also I'm pretty sure they have been guilty of one or two of those things on your list..and confessing to be nationalist is a bit more than conservative with a small c.

2. Phiw

Phiw New Member New Member

Mar 3, 2011

I didn't write the text you quoted. :S

Na, just giving my opinion as a passing fan who stumbled into this controversy. I'm nothing to do with the band and I'm not here to defend their views on immigration, which I don't share. At all.

As for the things I listed - which have the 4-Skins been guilty of? I'd like to know...

There was an incident last year (or was it the year before?), previously mentioned in the thread where a WP band played on the same bill as the 4-Skins. It's no longer there - but at the time, there was an announcement on their website (or it may have been their MySpace) afterwards, apologizing and stating that they did not book the support acts and were unaware who the other band were until afterwards. Things like that do happen (the band in question was playing under a different name), and I personally chose to give them the benefit of the doubt on that.

3. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    No those are the 4skins quotes on this same thread, I think you should read this whole thing from the beginning...

4. Ansel

Ansel Member Forum Member

Mar 16, 2011

I like the 4 skins. Haven't heard any of their new stuff, but I am a big fan. This doesn't surprise me that they have more right wing lyrics, lots of skinhead bands do like combat 84.

5. t-bag

t-bag Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 24, 2009

Never really got into the 4-skins, always found them kind of cheesy. I always look deeply into the bands i find when it comes to oi!, it is often hard to tell where alot of these bands stand. Sweet, Didn't even know ANWL had a new record out.

6. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    You are an idiot. Nationalism, racism, xenophobia.... it's all the same bullshit. No, wearing the union jack doesnt makes you a racist, only a patriot. But 4 skins are not patriot, they are clearly nationalist.

Your shitty excuse about "attacking immigration policy instead of immigration" is bullshit, it's all the same fucking thing. If you want an immigration reform to get less pakis in the UK then YOU ARE A RACIST and YOU are against immigrant. Attacking government policies instead of the immigrants themselves is just a more politically correct, and more productive way of BEING AGAINST IMMIGRATION. Wether you attack the immigrants or the immigration policy, YOU ARE STILL FIGHTING AGAINST IMMIGRATION.

And i don't give a fucking shit about your bullshit about "oh you dont live in the UK you dont understand", its all the same fucking story all over the world.... In the USA it's about the mexicans, in the UK it's the pakis, in France it's the Romanians and Maghrabeians, in Quebec it's the english speaking people, in rest of Canada it's pretty much anyone who isn't north-american, etc......

Nationalism isn't racism ? Maybe you should learn about the National Front. And as being nazis, of course they are not going to say that they are, but Nick Griffin's links with neo-nazi skinhead scene is more than questionnable, not even talking about the leader of National Front Youth who clearly worship hitler..... Same shit with National Front in france or anywhere else where nationalist partys exist.

Sorry but thats ignorance.

4 skins is well known for appearing on a couple of compilations with big RAC bands and are close friends of Condemned 84, a RAC band (they even covered a song by them).

They had a member who left the band to join Skrewdriver, so don't tell me they weren't aware of his opinions, and don't tell me that he showed his opinions only after he decided to join Skrewdriver.

7. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

Not disagreeing with you but just to mention that a lot of anti-immigration feeling in the UK now affects 'the bloody Poles' probably more than 'the bloody Pakis' these days. Eastern Europeans are most frequently accused of taking British jobs at the moment.

8. Ansel

Mar 16, 2011

Interesting, but what about the LEGAL immigrants in the United States who protest against illegal immigrants being allowed in the country? Would you call them racist? I don't necessarily think it's racist, despite what I feel about immigrants. To them it's all about taking the proper steps into becoming a legal citizen, not about immigrants in general. Maybe that's the same feeling some people have in the UK, or France, or who knows. Either way, you don't seem like you will budge or accept any different stances on the subject, which I feel YOU are being a little ignorant. I'm all about standing for your beliefs, but having a civilized discussion without bashing someone else's beliefs isn't out of the question.

9. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    The only one being ignorant here is you, we are anarchists, we don't believe in borders or divisions between any peoples...they are only there to control capital, all people should be free to come and go on this planet as they see fit, not as governments dictate. Standing fast to those beliefs doesn't make Ungovernable ignorant, it does however show that some among us are perfectly fine with bowing before the whims of the State because their intentions are 'noble and good' in the name of 'the people'. Well all of that is complete and utter bullshit and if you can't recognize that, then you my friend are the one who is blind.
    ;)

10. Ansel

Mar 16, 2011

I don't really see how I'm being ignorant. What i'm trying to say is despite the beliefs you may have on borders or divisions between any people, not being supportive of illegal immigration does not make one racist. So I was not saying that I thought he was ignorant for that; I just do not believe the world is that black and white.

11. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

:ecouteurs:

12. TottenhamSean

TottenhamSean Member New Member

Feb 20, 2011

True.But the rest of the band were shocked by that.The other fella who joined at the same time as him(Ian?!) even came to blows over it,so i was informed.And the original bassist was very shocked and surprised.
    Moving on,this has absolutley naff all to do with Hodges version of the band, that is gigging Today.He had left the 4skins several years previous

13. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Yes.

And what the fuck is that supposed to prove ? Ignorance is everywhere. There's neo-nazi jewish people in israel, there's christian gays protesting against homophobia, homosexual nazis, there's even black nazis....

No i don't accept any different stances on the subject, especially on an internationalist forum against borders like here. Fuck racism and fuck right wing.

If you are surprised because you get bashed because of your anti-immigration views here, it's because you understand absolutly nothing about this forum.

Shocked or not, they were still tolerating this member and his neo-nazi views. Closing eyes and tolerating is still indirectly supporting.
    You may argue that the other members may or may not be non-racist, but for sure they are not anti-racist

14. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Yr missing the point.
    In Australia, we lock up children in prisons (mislabelled 'detention centres') for the 'crime' of being born in the wrong place, fleeing war, economic conditions, etc. Regardless of the 'race' of any supporters of this policy, it remains both illogical and immoral. And yeah, it relies on Xenophobia as justification, a State centric construction of inclusion against the 'incursions' of those big bad Others (you know, poor people of colour...)

15. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Talking about illegal immigration in the USA....

[​IMG]

When was european immigration legalized by the amerindians ? Yankies out, fucking illegal aliens!

16. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    looks like 4 skins also recently played with a lot of neo-nazis and RAC bands....

Translated with google translator from:
    http://oireszene.blogsport.de/2011/01/0 ... rac-skins/

Translation from:
    http://oireszene.blogsport.de/2010/07/0 ... coi-bands/

17. Ansel

Mar 16, 2011

I appreciate your response,
    I'm certainly not anti-immigration, I was just trying to understand your point of view by putting it in a different perspective.

18. Ansel

Mar 16, 2011

I agree, it is illogical and immoral. I think I've got the point ;)

19. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Oh yeah right, you are not anti immigration, you are just against illegal immigration..... Just like there was a real difference....

Saying you're against illegal immigration is just a politically correct way of being against immigration. The government already limits immigration to very low numbers, and you have to comply so many exigations to legally immigrate that it is nearly impossible to do. So being against illegal immigration is basically the same thing than being against immigration since the government restrict most of immigration.

20. Ansel

Mar 16, 2011

Well I did not say I was against illegal immigration either.