Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Fuck the 4-skins! Boycott em'

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by SurgeryXdisaster, Jul 31, 2010.

1. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

reposted from another site:

The latest4 SKINS album called "The return..." released in Germany by Randale Records smells of right wing politics!!!
    Song "Take no more" from their new album is directed against all immigrants living in the UK.
    "….Immigrants overun our land. Benefits office with an outstretched hand
    Competing for our homes and jobs. Begging in their gypsy mobs
    Our country is full, fear the worst. Shouldn't we put our own people first…"
    Of course is politically incorrect which is ok (to a point) but also full of fuckin' British nationalist ignorance!
    So tell me now, how the fuck one of the most imperialist countries in the world such as UK which had colonies on every continent and has been built by the hands of immigrants can represent that bullshit???
    Another song called “Soldiers Graves”
    "…Many young men fighting, salute the ones that died
    Marching into battle following a flag with pride
    A reason to be fighting, their country and their queen
    For their mates and their regiment and families rarely seen"
    In this song The 4 Skins clearly support stupid war in Afghanistan where occupation of this country by the British troops is strongly portrayed and shown in this song as defence of the UK
    The 4 skins played recently a benefit gig for the “National Heroes” British troops who served duty in the war in Afghanistan.
    Also paying a tribute to the rotten Queen is a kind of a fuckin’ joke. How the fuck can a skinhead band can sing such shit???
    It's also worth to note that recently The 4 Skins shared a stage with right wing scum from London Die Hards and I.C.1. band where members of those bands are ex-nazis from bands like Razors Edge or nationalist oi! band Retaliator.
    Don't waste your money on the new album of these cunts! Show them what they deserved to be shown as! They fucked up the good name of the legendary band for all skinheads in the world The 4 Skins! This band is not the same as it used to be in 80'ties! It's full of fuckin' right wing nationalist politics and guess who is following their gigs???? Don't be surprised when you’ll find in the audience standing next to you a fascist cunt with a swastika tattoo on his arm.
    This message is directed to all band promoters etc. There shouldn’t be place on our scene for the nationalist scum!!!
    Pass on this message forward and let know all skinheads what the fuck the 4 skins are all about today!

2. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

okay, i'm probably going to get flamed like the stupid fuckhead i am for saying this, but its been on my mind ever since i started listening to punk and discovered skinheads. but why would you want to be part of a subculture where you actually have to claim your anti-racism (and by this i don't mean that you shouldn't ALWAYS claim your antiracism no matter where you are, i mean by creating groups like SHARP that are solely to say "hey were not racists like the other bald guys!") because its so infested with WP pricks? this is a serious question. we don't really have many skinheads here in denver so i don't really know what the benefit of being part of this microcosm of culture is.

3. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

You answered your own question, because the general overview of "skinheads" is their racist, if i go ask 100 people right now if they think this guy is racist (show them a pic of a skinhead) at least 80 people out of the 100 will say they are though the pic id be showing would be a transgendered skinhead). But whatever, we have a lot of skins around here and about 85 percent of em are racist pieces of shit.

4. dwtcos

Oct 22, 2009

it just seems sort of whack to me to participate in a subculture most people associate with an episode of gangland. but more power to the skinheads who are running those wp assholes out of shows and whatnot \m/ i'll just stick to hanging out with the filthy kids.

5. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

I guess they really love the true skinhead culture. They probably just love the look that is involved and the music scene enough to go, fuck nazi's if I want to be apart of the culture then I will. It is a shame though, seeing a good subculture getting destroyed by fucking stupid shit nazi fucks ARGHIGZLKNBCGmg

6. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    well hey, look at this way, most people think anarchists are out for chaos and disorder, ask 100 people and probably more then 80 would say they think anarchy is chaotic and a scary thing. So ask yourself why join this subculture when there is constant need to defend it as well?

It's especially disconcerting considering the skinhead movement was originally not about race, and lots of black people were involved.

7. dwtcos

Oct 22, 2009

you sir, make an excellent point. screw explaining stuff, i'm just in this to blow shit up.

8. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

Shit man, didn't think of it like that. What I don't get though, is Anarchy is all about chaos and destruction

*waits*

9. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    i always knew the 4 skins were a shitty band, recently they played with a couple of RAC bands in france, but i didnt know they were turning right wing in their lyrics... its like a super famous band in the skinhead scene, all skinheads worship them even the redskins

i translated the text in french and shared it on other forums... if you have more infos about them post it

10. Raise Your Fist

Raise Your Fist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 11, 2010

I saw this 4 skins story in an oi magazine bulletin. fuck em.
    Im sure alot of the racist skins out there claim to be racist just because they like the skinhead style,
    little to their knowledge that there are non asshole skins. I just put antiracist patches on all my clothes
    just to feel a little safer while walking around with my bald head and boots.

11. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

12. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

Damn, them too?

But i'm afraid we're gonna see more of that, since more and more places books these right-wing bands, often claiming it's because they don't care about a bands political view.

Apart from that, the skinhead scene is very infested with racist's - many bands can go racist's to sell, or at least be promoting racism and nationalism a lot more directly, since there are people to stand up for them and support them.

Though we do have a lot of nazi skins, there's - luckily - a lot of Anti-Fascist skins in my city - many of them part of AFA and active in the punk scene.

13. ryan1980

ryan1980 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 9, 2010

I don't know why everyone is so suprised that a British skinhead band (long-standing or not) has songs about British nationalism? Skinhead bands from that era were always screaming about that (think Last Resort, Condemned84...). I realize that there is diversity in Skin Culture, but really,this is more of the same.

14. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

You know what makes me mad about skinheads, they shave their heads willingly, i have to have my head shaved because im bald, some skins, if their hair was long would be long, lushious and awesome, but no they waste it by cutting it off, but i dont have a choice!!!

15. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

Not really news, but interesting their still going, at most 4 Skins gigs in the 80's over 50% of the crowd were WP skins, they played with the Subs and Sham69 and a couple of bands at this one show in Leeds and if you were a punk in the crowd you were pretty much signing a death warrant because they'd kick the living shit out of you because you didn't look like a walking penis. I also believe at one stage the 4 skins turned into a reggae band to deter racist skins from coming to see them as one of their ex-guitarists went on to play in Skrewdriver. Funny their still going though, wonder if their new album will be a "great" success like the Anti Nowhere Leagues latest installment :lmao:

16. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

What's with the Anti-Nowhere League?

I can really feel that i live in small country, i'm so behind with what the bands have done since well... The 80's. The gossip doesn't spread as fast here i guess

17. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

LOL! Never going to look at a skinhead the same now..

18. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    I've always thought punks, when all dolled up with spiked hair mohawks, patches, et al look like clowns. So the image i have right now is of penis' and clowns... sounds like my nightmare childhood again...

19. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

Bahahah

Sorry for the basically useless posts but both of these posts made me burst out laughing..

20. WobblyNikol

WobblyNikol Member Forum Member

Jul 30, 2010

sadly the link below is more interesting for german-speakers, dunno if web-translators will work.

the calling for a 4-skins-boycott started in germoney around 5th of july, there is some documentation about the reaction of randale rec. on the starting block.

Was ist eigentlich die Grauzone: gives an explanation for the state of the german "skin"-scene, personally I can't completely agree with it, but it's a start...
    There is also a definition of the "grey zone" between left- and rightwing-orientation.

Inhalt: a list of labels, bands, and gig-locations of "grey zone" and right-wing events

this list is really great for people trying to boykott racist/national business and there is a lot of detailed documentation "WHY" to boykott.

http://oireszene.blogsport.de/2010/07/0 ... coi-bands/