Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Fuck Green Capitalism and Fuck Scientists Acting Like 'Gods'

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by ASA, Dec 13, 2009.

1. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

Give this fella's site a look (http://myweb.wwu.edu/dbunny/#global). He is a Professor Emeritus of Geology at Washington Uni. He was going on about how there was a cooling period between 1945-1977. Thatcher made the claims of warming after the cooling period ended and the research carried out by this fella states that there has been alternating climatic cooling and warming in cycles of 27 years and has been happening over the last 500 years...pre-Industrial Revolution. Its all one big cycle but they are going on the last 2 years of weather patterns to scare us all into this bullshit, heating stopped about 10-12 years ago and has been stagnant until now, where it is freezing up slowly and will remain for the 27-30 year cycle.

Get your woolies on mate lol.

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Or lots of Tequila! :lmao:

3. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I call dibs on Jägermeister!

4. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

I believe that the climate change is real and will drastically affect near future of planet earth. There were radical climate shifts in the past, but none were caused by human activity. Also the were great mass extinctions in the past, but the most radical fastest mass extinction is going on at the moment, which is a simple fact...

5. QueerPunk

Dec 29, 2009

Exactly!!! This is what needs to be discussed.

Oh and if it gets to be too cold then wouldn't Vodka be best to be drinking instead of Tequila? Vodka is best in frozen temperatures.

6. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Ohhh christ. ...Look, the problem here seems to revolve around the term "global warming." This is just an oversimplified catchphrase to describe "anthropogenic climate change." This is because scientists are aware a large section of the public would have difficulty spelling it let alone comprehending it. "Global Warming" is a very accurate simplification, for the most part. Climatologists are very much aware of the cyclical nature of climactic change and even adjusted for these cycles we're way off. The problem mostly centers around the concentration of gases like carbon dioxide and methane which are pouring into our atmosphere at a dramatic rate. One of the most remarkable tricks performed by the climate change denialists, much like creationists, is simply convincing people that there IS a debate. Every major scientific body on EARTH is in agreement that this is happening. The data is overwhelming. Scientists have made mistakes in the past, but then we didn't have the techniques and equipment we have today, or the overwhelming amount of information.
    But, hey, don't take it from me, take it from the Union of Concerned Scientists, take it from NASA, take it from the National Academy of Sciences, etc. Take it from people who are in the field who actually know what they are talking about. In short; "the experts." Then you will realize climate change is a very real, and very disturbing phenomenon.

7. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

absolute to a point, but believe the people you mentioned, hardly, thats the point

8. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

True, but Jägermeister really warms you up from the inside out :)

9. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

ice cold...

10. QueerPunk

Dec 29, 2009

I am aware of the fact that it is real I am not saying it isn't. I am saying it is cyclic and there needs to be a major change made to the running of industry as there are sustainability issues there however the earth has been through a fuck of a lot worse than having humans around and it is a matter of our survival in this case...if we cannot handle the cold or heat then we are pretty much fucked.

I do expect a very very cold few decades ahead...

11. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

so u didn't say anything haha, just to clarify my stance, its happening and is serious so do someit but trying to sell me more cars and shit when they craeted this issue in the first place, naaa, diy, they can't muddle us, our words will cut through, get the suss.

12. Dr. Apocto

Dr. Apocto New Member New Member

Feb 19, 2010

"Global Warming is a crock of fucking bullshit."
    "Fuck the Troops, support terrorism."

You sound like Glen Beck. Is that really you, il duce???

13. Hume-Mill-Ity

Hume-Mill-Ity Member Forum Member

Feb 19, 2010

NGNM85 has got it right. Climate change is happening. Sure, it has ahppened before, it is cyclical within all kinds of paramters, cycles that take one to several centuries, sometimes only decades, then ice ages. All part of a formula too complicated for us to try and attempt yet. But the fact of the matter is that greenhouse gases, other than accompanying any other climate catastrophes like massive volcano outbursts, comets etc is happening at a rate unprecedented before our man-made world. Carbon in particular is raising at a level that amny scientists have rpedicted will soon cross a semi-event horizon, at that point we could still possibly pull back to pre-exiasting levels, but not without serious and lasting damage.

For the people who don't believe in global warming, cause parts of the world have ebeen getting cooler. You know the Nike sign? efects can look like that too if the x-axis is time and the y-axis is global average temperature. Also, have you read about all these glaciers and huge stretches of ice breeaking off the Arctic and Antarctic? New Zealand and Australia have been having trouble with icebergs in their trade routes that ahve broken off the Antarctic and are migrating further and further due to their increasing sizes. And, (here I can't remember whether it is from the Arctic or Antarctic) in the past year the biggest recorded break of a chunk of ice has occurred, as far as I remember the size of some of the US' smaller states.

This isn't about whether the globe is warming right now, as NGNM85 said, the debate is one of their biggest tricks, the question is how will climate change happen, and when?

14. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

i already stated my case, as you'd say the devils in the detail as it were, mystical crap saying