Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Free the Belgrade 6

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by back2front, Jan 22, 2010.

1. back2front

back2front Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 26, 2009

On Saturday, Sept. 4, five* political activists were arrested in Belgrade on trumped up charges. The five, Tadej Kurepa, Ivan Vulović, Sanja Dojkić, Ratibor Trivunac and Nikola Mitrovic, are activists in or associates of the Anarcho-Syndicalist Initiative, the Serbian section of the International Workers’ Association (IWA).

(* The sixth person sought by police, Ivan Savic, was also arrested some days later.)

Latest details here: http://belgradesolidarity.org/

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    they are accusated of "international terrorism" !!! fuck state repression against anarchosyndicalists !!!

[​IMG]

3. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

Hey I know it might not raise a lot of money, but how about putting together a benefit CD to help raise money for their legal defense. We could get bands who are members here, and also ask some more well-known anarcho-punk bands if they would be interested in helping out. You could put it up on here as a pay to download with a free-will donation. And we could ask around and see if any anarcho-punk labels might be interested in co-releasing it. Just an idea of something that we as a group could do to help out our brothers and sisters in times of need.

Another group that is in need of some help is the RNC 8 who were arrested in Minneapolis MN the weekend before the RNC convention in St. Paul, and are being held on terrorist charges as well.

4. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

they shouldve took up arms and shot the cops

5. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

I should probably know better than to post on this topic. But, I did it so here it goes.

You can if you want make a benefit compilation. It might help in some way but... The legal defense is paid for, and there is really no way you could deliver that money to the right people, not to get into details...

I have some very mixed feelings about the whole affair. First of all I think what they did was probably the stupidest thing somebody around here ever thought of let alone put into action. It's really ravings of a spoiled rich kid that likes to play an anarchosyndicalist, even though he was born with a silver spoon in his mount and never ha to work a day in his life, and to add insult to injury has greek citizenship that his daddy paid for... How and why he managed to persuade some people to do his bidding is a subject altogether too close to home for me to discuss here...

I think that their sentence is far too overblown as they didn't cause any real damage, but they did give out a press release that made it far too obvious as to who did it... And Iliopulos isn't even an anarchist...

But, there is a whole other problem, and that is the double standards of the serbian authorities. As they are the evil pagan anarchists they are being prosecuted for international terrorism, while the god god-fearing orthodox christian people that burned down the american embassy are being charged with endangering public safety or in most cases nothing, even thought a man died during that incident. And they have spent four months in prison so far, while football hooligans that have committed murder are still around and the authorities just "can't locate them"....

6. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Isn't it funny how reactionary we can be, at first I was contemplating offering up a song and agreeing with ROT that we should do something to help these people...but I only had one side of the story, now after what Bananaman has said I'm sure that wasn't a good Idea.
    this is me---- :ecouteurs:

7. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Just saw the Belgrad 6 was today released until further notice. Yay! Now if all the 14 charges were dropped, that would be even better. If anyone of the Belgrade 6 are reading this - welcome out!

8. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Yeah i forgot to post it..

They are free, most of the charges were abandonned.

This is definatly a victory! It's impressive how much international support we got, a lot of organisations from multiple countrys raised funds and made other events to help them!!

But repression is still going on in Belgrade... The day they were released, they made a benefit concert and the cops came in to make trouble..

i'd post some articles, but its are all in french :/

@Bananaman : it wasn't really hard to help them and give the money to the right peoples, the persons arrested were anarchosyndicalists organized with the CNT, and the CNT managed the whole support movement....

I doubt those activists are just "spoiled rich kid that likes to play an anarchosyndicalist"

The CNT-AIT in Belgrade is one of the most powerful section of the CNT and AIT, actually the main offices location of the International Worker Alliance is in Belgrade, Serbia...

Worst part is that the General Secretary was also arrested, so he is like the international representant of all IWA sections... It's normal to show some support.

As for the terrorism thing, banditism and propagande by deed always was and will always be a part of anarchism. As an anarcho-synthesist, i support all tendencies.

9. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

Ungovrenable, please don't write about stuff you don't know.
    That post above is so wrong it's not even funny. Saying ASI is one of the strongest branches of CNT-AIT, that is same as saying Hyatt Hotels Corporation has a lot of money, and I mean whole lotta money. And what does that say about CNT-AIT?
    I know some of those people quite well, which is ironically more than they can say for each other. Trust me ASI is a reactionary organization that has done hardly anything but harm to the local movement.
    One other thing, there was no benefit concert on the day they were released, and there was no trouble from the police. There was a "benefit" concert a few days later (I wrote "benefit" as it generated exactly 0$) and there was trouble but not from the police, at least not the regular police. I was there, IWA guys most certainly were not, both of them that is...
    If there was some international support that was sent to Belgrade 6 I'm not aware of that, and I don't consider sending money to somebody who already has more than enough help...

Post the articles, it' doesn't matter if they are in French...