Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

FREE & LEGAL FILM TORRENTS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theoldpunk, Dec 10, 2009.

1. theoldpunk

theoldpunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 19, 2009

http://vodo.net/

Interesting idea - film / documentary makers (they're also hoping to expand into music and books soon) release their work under a Creative Commons licence, then share them using the major torrent networks. What also caught my eye is the fact it's a collaboration between some very 'serious' organisations and the pirate community. That's an interesting development

The subject matter on offer is varied, to say the least, but I reckon most people will find something worthwhile here. If you do like their work, or the idea of the site, you can pay an optional membership / donation to show your support.

2. TaitheStrange

TaitheStrange New Member New Member

Dec 3, 2009

Thanks heaps for sharing this! Brilliant website. :thumbsup:

3. Cocytus

Cocytus Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2009

All film torrents are free and legal....

4. theoldpunk

Sep 19, 2009

I knew someone would start playing semantics!

Stop being so obtuse, you know exactly what I mean :p

5. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Does anyone know where to get the film Loren Cass?

6. Cocytus

Oct 14, 2009

Im not being obtuse, theres seriously only 2 DVD releasing companies I support, and thats because theyre my friends.

Blue Underground and Code Red.

7. theoldpunk

Sep 19, 2009

Did you even look at the site and read what they're trying to do?! o_O :D

It's not a DVD-releasing company, it's a free space for people to gather and share their creative output under a CC licence using many of the established and not-so-well-known torrent networks. The project also aims to help these people raise funds towards the cost of creating their work. It's the idea as much as the content that appeals to me.

On a related note, have you checked out Moshpit Tragedy?

I'm interested to see what your friends are doing though, can you paste links to the sites you mention? Cheers.

8. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    yep i,ve been following this thing since the begginning, it's a very interessing idea....

Because of the developement cost it's way harder for the movie industry to release free/pay-what-you-want stuff like in the music industry.... But now there are more and more alternatives in this domain...

I think it started when ThePirateBay and other download sites started to sponsor free movies.... Then it was a big success, a lot of peoples donate money and most of the free films makers released other movies or are working on it

Like i always say.... what is really killing the industry is not sharing, it's the failture of the industry to adapt to it. And here's another proof.

On a larger scale, i think it would also benefit to us, the peoples who watch the movies, if the whole industry was working on this basis. Think about it, the movie industry would really answer the viewer's demand, and not create a demand by releasing shitty movies, and shitty trilogies. Movies producers wouldn't release shitty movies just for the money, or make 6 shitty movies with the same story just because the first one was a success..... Today it seems to be the new trend... When a movie gets success, you produce another version, than a third version, etc....

9. Cocytus

Oct 14, 2009

www.blue-underground.com

The amazing Bill Lustig behind the amazing 80s slasher film Maniac, as well as Vigilante and some others.

10. Boomstick

Boomstick Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 10, 2009

Wow this is exactly what the world needs, REAL filmmaking and free to get. Hope I can donate or something one day.

11. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

Thankyou!

12. AnarchoAlan

AnarchoAlan New Member New Member

Dec 12, 2009

Not to sure if they are legal but go to One Big Torrent,

http://onebigtorrent.org

OneBigTorrent.org is a new place for sharing material that deals with or is relevant to issues of social justice, progressive and radical politics, independent media, ecology.

Lots of good stuff to be found.