Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

flag burning

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Red-Fury, Feb 23, 2012.

1. silasraven

silasraven Member Forum Member

Feb 26, 2012

i havemt but only because i loved the one i had i wrote on, sprayed it, whipped my ass with it and spit on it protesting in a military town. any flag i can reach i spit on.

2. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

couldn't be - because there is no allseeing eye up in the heavens, only dust and things circling around other dust and things and still expanding into the no-wheres - yuri gagarin was up there and found nobody...

graveyards are off limits, even if we faced some ultra-right-traditions revival recently, german army representatives honouring war criminals '39 - '45 doing that traditions-thingie - there are limits to everything and the dead have their story at an end, so a lot of people and i protested outside potters field and there were only cops but no textiles to collect...
    another of my nightmares a is a tv-cut from a state ceremony held by ronald reagan "greeting" one of the nameless (unknown) soldiers from the far east (vietnam/kampuchea) - not even knowing the dead guys name ronnie called him son and told him that his sacrifice wasn't a waste and the us would never again send off men into a war the gov doesn't want to win... okay, there were hundreds of crying relatives of MIA's - but the show was pure propaganda abusing their grief disgustingly, even if many in the audience might have shared the vietnam-wasn't-a-defeat thing.
    almost equalling this was the media coverage about the state-ceremony for hans martin schleyer (held hostage by the RAF for weeks, finally shot by still unknown members of the RAF) - spot on the pre-teen son, almost breaking down at the flag covered coffin, (today he's kinda revenge-maniac, trying to get as many former RAF's into jail again...):
    after that burial with full military honours (schleyer was member of the waffen-ss 1945...) - a perfectly produced propaganda for the police state dropping it's last disguises...

if one's dealing with boneheads and their fetish it's fair sports in aspects of equal opportunities on both sides, the same goes for the odd federal flag guarded by (riot-)cops - but attacking a crucifix-bearing pro-life grandma or some christian holyday-procession with lots of grandmas to keep their stuff out of public sight? seems a bit odd to me and doesn't feels right.
    burning religious stuff or buildings is considered by many as a waste - i'm not really convinced, but tend to accept it, and where is the sense in it as long as they have the opportunity to rebuild their temples and howl "persecution of christians" while doing so?
    the aspect that one might learn the decent ways of brainwashing by studying their propaganda appeals to me too, over the centuries of try and error they found an almost perfect way to mess up peoples minds - especially in moments of individual crisis - guess i was 11 or 12 when i realized how perfectly the heavenly father filled the gap my earthly father left in my little girls life - working over-hours for a career and a house that is all empty today...

3. Anti-yuppiecrusader

Anti-yuppiecrusader Member New Member

Feb 28, 2012

Why not burn a black flag?

4. grinding hault

grinding hault Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 4, 2012

I'm not one to judge but doesn't it seem a bit ridiculous to use a symbol of genocidal imperialism as way to remember your dead loved ones? I understand that people who do this probably don't see the american flag as such a symbol but wouldn't it make more sense and be more respectful to remember them by something meaningful that actually pertains to them? something that the person left behind that symbolizes something they achieved, accomplished, or changed during their lifetime?

Call me crazy but using a symbol such as the american flag to remember your dead, to me, seems almost psychotic. Considering that the person was a human being and not just a citizen of a country.

Ill burn a flag to that. :beer:

5. Canis latrans

Canis latrans Active Member Forum Member

Feb 26, 2012

You look at the flag and see all that is wrong with states. They look at the flag and see all that is good with their state. You seem to be missing the part where people like define themselves by their citizenship and national pride. Of course it isn't rational, but people aren't rational. Especially people like that.

6. anarchopunk08

anarchopunk08 Member New Member

Mar 4, 2012

i totaly support flag burning its not our flag so why do we have to respect it. its a symbol of war and opprestion

7. grinding hault

grinding hault Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 4, 2012

That's exactly what I mean. I'm simply pointing out what I see as being a major problem. If people want to get offended because they choose to identify themselves with something so draconian then that's their problem. The same goes for me. If I consciously choose to get offended because of their nationalist attitude then that's my problem, and because of my views I tend to have way more problems than they do. Unlike them I'm used to nobody agreeing with me so fuck it. I'm fixin' to burn me a flag right now.

8. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Hey instead of burning a flag why not dye the fuck out of it and put it to a secondary use....just sayin' that shit is probably toxic as fuck...