Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Feminism Thread

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by thrashwitch666, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I think fast-food chains are a big part of the problem. They've become part of a lifestyle for many people. Convenient, low-nutritional, fat saturated and filling.

2. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

i don`t know, for some reason its hard to believe that the majority of people that eat there are obese. but true, its not very healthy. then again, neither is alcohol. soy products are also cancerous, but I`d rather eat them than meat.

3. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Well no, I wouldn't say the majority that eat there are actually obese but fast-food definitely contributes to the problem of people becoming obese, especially if they consume it regularly. Other factors have already been mentioned such as high sugar content in foods and beverages, lack of exercise and so on.
    The key word is "moderation".

4. ivanthefree

ivanthefree New Member New Member

Nov 19, 2012

The issue is the brain. We've worked diligently to create a culture of consumption. Why should we expect people to be able to control themselves when it comes to food or drug consumption, including pharmaceuticals and drugs like coffee, when as a group we've perpetuated the idea that the more we consume the better? In fact, our entire economy, which is hilarious that that is what we've decided to call it, is based on consumption and the more the better. We, as a species, ruthlessly exploit our planets resources for personal and monetary gain and we spread this idea, forcefully if rejected, that the more we use the better. You cannot expect individuals to even be able to practice moderation when as a species we refuse to and have established a lifestyle to contrary. Our culture is designed to teach us that moderation hurts us. And we've bought in to it. Took it hook line an sinker.

5. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

I still doubt that we`ll be like the fat people in walle or whatever its called(I can`t believe I`ve seen that movie, I was watching someones kid okay). The image we get of america here in europe is basically a whole country consisting of dumb, obese people. I know thats far from the truth, but like any health scare the media loves to blow things out of proportions. Just look at the whole bird flu thing, people were panicking, and when they found out it wasn`t any more lethal than any other type of flu they pushed all the surplus vaccines on people(seriously, I got dragged into a room at school and they just gave me the shot even if I said no).

And besides, if you`re lucky the us government is gonna start meddling with your daily food intake too! So you can live long and be a healthy, productive wage slave.