Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

feed cattle to cattle

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by punkjoke, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Saering

Saering Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 18, 2009

Never really knew the cows ate their own... the fact that cows get diseases from it is nothing new to me though (i think theres a human equivalent kuru i think?) as far as vegetarianism go's though im still a meat eater, spent some time with my uncle up in Maryland who hunts for his own food, so im pretty much comfortable with the idea humans have been eating animals for years and in some cases (like native Americans) showed the utmost respect for the animal they are eating, i realize for them this was out of necessity more than anything else but i figure there are plenty of animals that would eat me :/

2. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I heard it had something to do with conserving the meat in the desert, etc

3. oibobbo

oibobbo Active Member Forum Member

Jan 15, 2010

perhaps parasites develop faster on pork?
    i considered they might not have access to salt for a second but
    they should have had access to the dead sea that's pretty salty!
    and i can remember seeing documentaries about them digging it out of the desert undergound and carrying big slabs of it about on dromadaries
    it should be easier to conserve a pig than a camel or cow(less volume)
    "hallal" (cutting the throat) means you empty the animal of blood.
    probably blood goes off faster than meat.
    pigs definitely host more parasites(worms) than beef because they are omnivorous,
    you dont get as many parasites in grass cows eat as you do in old bits of meat and rubbish pigs eat.
    a lot of farmers hate wild boars because they plow up whole fields to eat the worms and insects under the grass.
    i used to work in an apple conditioning place and wild boars used to eat all the rotten aples we used to throw in a heap outside,they eat parts of a dead cow that stayed in a field overnight as well...i don't know what the cow died from but it could have infected the boars that ate bits of it...
    i've heard that human meat tastes of pork but we don't make good eating because we're omnivortous and host parasites,like chimpanzees.

4. gitanoAnarco

gitanoAnarco Member New Member

Jan 21, 2010

i was born in uruguay. we all eat meat. our cows eat grass, on their own accord.
    they walk around, do their thing, eat.
    nobody would even think of feeding them.
    our meat fed the allies during WWII. (likewise argentina, australia, new zealand)
    if you were to try to explain to people in any of the afore mentioned countries that u.s. cows get fed ground up lips and asses, they would think you were crazy.
    why bother feeding something that can eat on its own?
    well- thats where the whole 'mad cow' thing got started. feeding cows to cows.
    cows are herbivores. they eat only grass and herbs and other plants.
    whoever came up with the idea that they should be fed protein should be shot.
    personally i bring up the subject anytime my friends and i grill- and they all seem to agree.

there is absolutely no reason why all beef should not be free grazing.

and there is no reason why any forest should be cut down for grazing, either- dont get me wrong.

its all about sustainability

i