Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Favorite anarchist quote

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by (Filipe), Dec 8, 2010.

1. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

and i bet i know miss Nike Lyudmila Pavlichenko's favorite Woody Guthrie song... come on heroine of the soviet uninon:
    307 boneheads to go...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. nike

nike Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

hahaha, wrong guess! it's "Pretty Boy Floyd" - and partly because it reminds me on those Dillinger, Ned Kelly, Matthias Kneissl, Boarischer Hiasl legends, even Robin Hood is quite a bit about originally honest men defending their rights and dignity but becoming criminals just because the real criminals define what "justice" is - thats not philosophy to quote, but peoples wisdom and tradition to learn from.
    Mila Pavlichenko was a brave, almost fearless and very resourcefull antifascist - but she defended the stalinists too and they made a stamp image out of her and her deeds.
    and personally i never killed noone, just kept some bones from chasing people around and "309" means nothing as long as there are still idiots left.

3. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

"But this reality is a created reality. It has a beginning and it has an end. From our vantage point, we are able to see both. To understand what options we have and depths of where we can go from here, we need to look outside our reality, outside our society and our machines. From here, we can understand that our reality is not as mighty as we are led to believe and that the soul of the human is not the individualistic scourge waiting for the chance to take power. We can see that the world we've cut, plotted, paved, tamed, wasted and mined is not dead and is not lying passively. We can see the wildness lurking both around us and within us. And, through this, we can see the end of our current reality and the community of wildness that awaits us.

"This is the point of the anarcho-primitivist critique. It is not an ideology, party or basis for any platform. It is an understanding of the origins and implications of our reality. It is a window looking outside the city, field and garden to understand what we have lost and how."

Kevin Tucker

4. Misledpunk

Misledpunk Member Forum Member

May 19, 2012

a slogan from greece about state prisoners mainly social rebels and anarchists" the passion for freedom is stronger than any prison"
    ''fascists and bosses in the well's bottom long live proletarians''
    greetings from greece keep fighting aythorities

5. gunning for revolution

gunning for revolution Member Forum Member

Sep 4, 2012

"We probably have rights" - Homer Simpson

I know he is just a cartoon character, but this quote says it all.

[Edit] And, "People should not fear their Governments, Governments should fear it's people." - I forget who this quote is by.

6. mrNILEpat

mrNILEpat Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 27, 2012

this is probably my favorite thread on this entire site now :D . and i guess a cool quote is the entire song "elements of oppression" by Antischism.

-Our leaders write the roles from behind masked faces
    Always hiding the reality of their true intentions
    And like puppets we act out the roles
    Of a tragedy that never ends
    And the plot always thickens as the death rate quickens
    And the human soul sickens with war always the means to the end
    So how many times must Rome burn
    Before the crucial lesson of history is learned?
    Power kills, destroy everything that power builds

You're sucked into place by your own admittance
    Self imposed enslavement
    And though you curse your king how can it mean anything
    When you worship cult of leadership?
    It takes only one to lead but must the rest of us follow?
    The whole is but the sum of it's parts
    Do you act that part? Do you fit that part?
    And how many times will we rebuild Rome
    Only to watch it burn?
    Power is death
    Power is death

These are the elements

Of oppression!

7. dmol

dmol Active Member Forum Member

Jan 5, 2013

Band: ANTI

Ultra political post-punk band ANTI talking about the revolution... The rest of the song is probably too violent for a public post ::))

8. Clarissa

Clarissa Member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2013

"I do not wish to be moved from my current prison to a slightly larger one - I wish to be free of all prisons"
    I don't recall who said it or where I found it, regrettably, but I think its a metaphor for anarchy, or atleast, thats how I am taking it.

and

"Are not laws dangerous which inhibit the passions? Compare the centuries of anarchy with those of the strongest legalism in any country you like and you will see that it is only when the laws are silent that the greatest actions appear." -Marquis De Sade

9. Sick Boy 77

Sick Boy 77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Mar 29, 2010

10. UnityFreedomAnarchy

UnityFreedomAnarchy Active Member Forum Member

Jul 18, 2013

'Property is theft' -Proudhon

'Pledge allegiance to yourself,
    Not greed, power, war and wealth.
    Remember you were born a human being,
    Not a part of their machine' -The Unseen, Goodbye America

Any Crass or Conflict lyric (Apart from the militant ones)

11. UnityFreedomAnarchy

UnityFreedomAnarchy Active Member Forum Member

Jul 18, 2013

But the thing is when someone studs a jacket or patches their trousers they have made something unique, something which is completely undeniably you, there is no such thing as an individual, unique idea, everything is just a composite of everything else.

12. Jo Spanner

Jo Spanner Active Member Forum Member

Jul 16, 2013
     United Kingdom
    That is some wisdom.

-Emma Goldman

Not the punchiest quote in the world, but it's really nice hearing someone from that era talking about sexuality and gender! :D

13. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    "The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve, nor will he ever recive, either. - Benjamin Franklin

I know he is not anarchist, but this qoute is so true!

"As long as love begets life, there will not be a child that is abandoned, hungry or hungry for love"

"Marriage and love have nothing in common with each other as far apart as the poles, in fact, they are antagonistic to each other" - Emma Goldman

14. SomePoser

SomePoser Member Forum Member

Aug 25, 2013

"Anarchism is the great liberator of man from the phantoms that have held him captive; it is the arbiter and pacifier of the two forces for individual and social harmony."
    - Emma Goldman

:anarchism: :anarchism: :anarchism:

15. BriansApirate

BriansApirate New Member New Member

Apr 10, 2013

The Purse Seine
    by Robinson Jeffers
    Our sardine fishermen work at night in the dark of the moon; daylight or moonlight
    They could not tell where to spread the net, unable to see the phosphorescence of the shoals of fish.
    They work northward from Monterey, coasting Santa Cruz; off New Year's Point or off Pigeon Point
    The look-out man will see some lakes of milk-color light on the sea's night-purple; he points and the helmsman
    Turns the dark prow, the motorboat circles the gleaming shoal and drifts out her seine-net. They close the circle
    And purse the bottom of the net, then with great labor haul it in. I cannot tell you
    How beautiful the scene is, and a little terrible, then, when the crowded fish
    Know they are caught, and wildly beat from one wall to the other of their closing destiny the phosphorescent
    Water to a pool of flame, each beautiful slender body sheeted with flame, like a live rocket
    A comet's tail wake of clear yellow flame; while outside the narrowing
    Floats and cordage of the net great sea-lions come up to watch, sighing in the dark; the vast walls of night
    Stand erect to the stars. Lately I was looking from a night mountain-top
    On a wide city, the colored splendor, galaxies of light: how could I help but recall the seine-net
    Gathering the luminous fish? I cannot tell you how beautiful the city appeared, and a little terrible.
    I thought, We have geared the machines and locked all together into interdependence; we have built the great cities; now
    There is no escape. We have gathered vast populations incapable of free survival, insulated
    From the strong earth, each person in himself helpless, on all dependent. The circle is closed, and the net
    Is being hauled in. They hardly feel the cords drawing, yet they shine already. The inevitable mass-disasters
    Will not come in our time nor in our children's, but we and our children
    Must watch the net draw narrower, government take all powers -or revolution, and the new government
    Take more than all, add to kept bodies kept souls- or anarchy, the mass-disasters. These things are Progress;
    Do you marvel our verse is troubled or frowning, while it keeps its reason? Or it lets go, lets the mood flow
    In the manner of the recent young men into mere hysteria, splin- tered gleams, crackled laughter. But they are quite wrong.
    There is no reason for amazement: surely one always knew that cultures decay, and life's end is death.

I felt like sharing this.

16. DanSE

DanSE Member Forum Member

Aug 31, 2013

“Is there not a difference between the killing that a revolutionist does and that which a policeman does? There is as much difference as between cat-shit and dog-shit. But I don't like the smell of either one or the other."
    --Leo Tolstoy

Today as always, men fall into two groups: slaves and free men. Whoever does not have two-thirds of his day for himself, is a slave, whatever he may be: a statesman, a businessman, an official, or a scholar.
    --Nietzsche

"When we talk about property, State, masters, government, laws, courts, & police, we say only that we don't want any of them."
    — Luigi Galleani,

Princes appear to me to be Fools Houses of Commons & Houses of Lords appear to me to be fools they seem to me to be something Else besides Human Life
    --William Blake,

The revolutionary alternative to the status quo today is not collectivised property administered by a ‘workers’ state’ whatever that means, but some kind of anarchist decentralisation that will break up mass society into small communities where individuals can live together as variegated human beings instead of as impersonal units in the mass sum. The shallowness of the New Deal and the British Labour Party’s post-war regime is shown by their failure to improve any of the important things in people’s lives – the actual relationships on the job, the way they spend their leisure, and childrearing and sex and art. It is mass living that vitiates all these today, and the State that holds together the status quo. Marxism glorifies ‘the masses’ and endorses the State. Anarchism leads back to the individual and the community, which is ‘impractical’ but necessary – that is to say, it is revolutionary.
    --Dwight Macdonald

17. predic

predic Member Forum Member

Feb 11, 2010

"All things for all men, since all men have need of them, since all men worked to produce them in the measure of their strength, and since it is not possible to evaluate everyone's part in the production of the world's wealth... All is for all!" - Kropotkin

the sense is: don't keep all resources for yourself, share it with poorer than you are. if you are young, you use youth center, let people to sleep inside during the night or let them to take shower, etc. if not older, let young people. in hamburg, there are 800 teen and underage homeless, in many other countries too.

18. NoGodsNoMasters38

NoGodsNoMasters38 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2013

"Every daring attempt to make a great change in existing conditions, every lofty vision of new possibilities for the human race, has been labeled Utopian."
    - Emma Goldman

19. Sickentooth

Sickentooth Member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2013

Fight War Not War's :anarchism: :anarchism: :anarchism:

20. Pig-Kill3r

Pig-Kill3r New Member New Member

Jan 8, 2014

Worthless pig man in your phony blue uniform
    You try to tell me what I do but I never will conform
    In my world there are no limits or laws
    Kill the police before we're all robots