Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Dutch Government is in the shit over Afghanistan...just thought I'd mention it...

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by QueerPunk, Feb 24, 2010.

1. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

2. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Actually... The Afghan war was just the final straw.
    Jan Peter Balkenende (prime minister) fucked up a couple times before. And there was already more than enough unrest in our government, BEFORE the debate about Afghanistan, I simply didn't find it relevant enough to post it myself, as there was too much going on BESIDES Afghanistan.

3. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

Rathryn....I completely forgot you were a Dutchie for a sec....any more info would be nice considering you live there.

4. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

yea man i cant be fucked reading all that
    i just know that somehow the governments fell (or something like that)
    it would be nice if you can explain (in simple words pls :D:D)

5. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

OK, summary from my drink-affected mind.
    This is the 4th 'kabinet' led by Balkenende to fall.
    1 of the issues that led it to fall was the Afghan war.
    Balkenende is a simple motherfucker who comes with explanations AFTER the fact, but is nowhere to be seen DURING the fact, which is easy.
    The Afghan was simply the last drop, as he blamed another politician of being wishy-washy and at that point he wasn't, so they declared a 'motie of wantrouwen' ('we don't trust you motherfucker' in people's terms) on him.
    The Dutch gov'ment is divided between the 2nd and 1st 'kamer', the 2nd is the most prolific and that fell, the first is still in place (and is, basically, for life if I remember correctly) so they took over 'till the next elections.

6. Milan

Milan Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 13, 2010

The Government consisted of three party's:

PvdA: Social Democrats
    CDA: Christian Democrats
    CU: Cristian Democrats

The 2nd 'kamer' agreed to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2010,
    but the Government wanted to stay anyway, because the NAVO asked them to.
    The PvdA didn't want to stay in Afghanistan, because they already agreed to leave.
    Despite this, The other 2 partys wanted to stay anyway.

to form this government, the PvdA had to agree with many of the other 2 party's plans,
    so they were starting to loose the trust of their voters, for constantly giving in on the other party's.
    when the Afghanistan discussion started, the PvdA could do nothing but saying no until the end,
    for they would loose much of their support if they gave in once again...