Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Does religion have a place in punk?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Misledpunk, May 21, 2012.

1. muffnbuttn

muffnbuttn Member New Member

Jun 25, 2012

That's because those who are involved with spirituality figure political concerns are useless for spiritual conquests. Politics are a distraction for union with "God". Politics are for humans, ascension is for mystics. But the problem with a lot of spiritualists is that they put too much attention into their own evolution and ignore their human family's needs, secluding themselves from the problems of society. Out of sight out of mind.

I am tolerant of religion. I consider myself a "truth-seeker", and explore all theosophy and theology without judgment. Every theory and belief has equal opportunity to convince me of it's truths, as I believe there is a truth to be found in everything. I think a lot of "alternative" minds throw out religion because of the people that follow it and taking the negative interpretation of doctrines to heart instead of looking at the positives.

2. KhaosXRevolution

KhaosXRevolution Member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2012

There's a difference between organized religion and faith. Organized religion is one of the reasons why countries go to war, people brainwash their children into believing in an imaginary friend that will send you to hell if you don't obey his/her every whim, and why poor little boys are raped by priests. Faith, however, is believing in a force or power greater than yourself. It is something that is unique for the individual, not the sterility of organized religion.

In short; Faith= Good. Organized Religion= Go shove your beliefs elsewhere.

I'm not religious but I don't really care if other punks believe in a god or higher power.

3. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. AntiChirstler

AntiChirstler New Member New Member

Jun 8, 2012

Religion seperates people and shifts human focus to matters less important than theyre made out to be. For Example; A large part of religion is the role of an afterlife. Well fuck the afterlife, I'll live my life and I'll go wherever or just disappear. People should just figure out their beliefs for themselves and let others think what they want

5. punkvampire18

punkvampire18 Member Forum Member

Nov 20, 2011

religion affects many people differantly. Me well i hate it! all the brainwashing assholes that try and pull you in so that youre in so deep you cant get out! like marilyn manson says KILL YOU GOD

6. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    You ARE God. What do you think of that? Crazy? There is nothing but God. Good & evil exists only in the choices we make.
    Religion is like nationalism - it divides people.
    The catholic churches and cathedrals in Spain are adorned with the gold and blood of the Incas.
    Fuck religion.

7. punkvampire18

punkvampire18 Member Forum Member

Nov 20, 2011

Religion is fucked. What has god ever done for me. NOTHING. i will never beileve in Religion. Burn your goddamn bibles

8. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    And Aztecs, Mayas, Mayos, Olmecs, Toltecs, Ciris, Yaquis, Kumeyais, etc. etc. etc.

9. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Yeah, the list goes on and on. The only "religions" I still tolerate would be gnosticism and buddhism, though I only have a very basic understanding of either, so don't put me in front of the firing squad.