Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Do you give money to vagrants?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skulldrix, Aug 5, 2011.

1. skulldrix

skulldrix Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 9, 2011

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSd0BGw4-og&feature=related[/video]

This is pretty inspiring.

2. scales

scales Active Member Forum Member

Apr 14, 2012

i haven't had good experiences with bums there was one time where my friends and i whent to get some pizza they made a extra box of pizza so they gave it to us since we took the train we didn't want to carry it around so we gave it to a bum and that fucker say he didn't want it cuz he gets heartburn
    i personally rather get heartburn than not eat. another time these bum asked me for money and i didn't have any to give him so he got mad and started to say i should go back to my country. and finally since i work at a fast food joint i get a lot of illegals crossing the border saying some shit like they haven't eaten in days and basically what i tell them is that if they help me out with my choirs at work ill give them whatever they want and they say no always out of the close to 12 people over the time of a year or so only one out of those 12 has actually said they will do and its easy shit like sweeping or taking out the trash. shit if i haven't eaten in two or three days ill be eating pussy and aim fucking gay so that should tell you something

3. Wide-Eyed Sluggard

Wide-Eyed Sluggard Member Forum Member

Jun 14, 2012

I've always been the kind of guy who, in lieu of cash, will give you things you can use. Clothes, food, etc. I can usually lay hands on that more easily than cash, since I don't make much myself, but if I do know you need something (like if it's winter and you're on the street and need a good coat), I will give away anything of mine I can spare so you don't suffer if I can help it. Money's not even a great thing to give people... it's temporary.

4. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    WTF? :@ :ecouteurs:

5. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

I just talk to them like I would anybody else. Sit down, hang out for a bit if they don't mind, usually get into a good conversation. I'll offer to share anything I have usually whether it be weed, tobacco, food, music, whatever. I don't usually have that much extra money on me though. Met quite a few interesting people this way. Just a different way of life, sometimes it is a result of having no other viable option and sometimes it is a personal choice. Who am I to judge? Always good to make new friends :D ! "People can be jerks no matter what they look like and people can be great in exactly the same way!" - Mike Park

6. AaronAnarchist

AaronAnarchist New Member New Member

Aug 4, 2012

I give money to the homeless whenever I can. I once talked to this scary looking native American at a gas station, he had no shirt, no backpack.. Nothing. It turned out that he was a super nice dude, we talked for like an hour. I gave Him ten dollars, it's all I had on me. Anytime I see destitute people it just makes me think about how capitalism doesn't work, so I try to help out all I can. The nicest people have the least amount of things.

7. Manufactured Consent

Manufactured Consent Member Forum Member

Aug 12, 2012

Wow, can't believe how many of you have fallen for the demonizing of the poor...

Of course I give money to bums, whenever I have any.

8. Incalight

Incalight Active Member Forum Member

Jul 27, 2012

I dunno if it's just me but the term 'bum' sounds offensive. In the UK, 'bum' and 'tramp' are not just used in reference to homeless people, but also as terms of abuse. (eg. a poor kid at school will get picked on and called "tramp"). I have never understood why a homeless person, who has so little in their life can be treated as an inferior being, get shit kicked out of them and all sorts.

Anyways, I do give money if I can spare it. I wouldnt care less if they bought alcohol or whatever the fuck they wanted, if it gave them a bit of comfort.

I knew a guy that said he went out begging for a 'laugh', he wasnt skint, he wasnt homeless, said he made a lot of money in any one day. People only have limited amount of cash on them, which means he was basically depriving other people with a genuine need.

I also find it disturbing when people use their pre-school age children to get down on their knees, and put their hands together in a praying stance to beg, that just seems so wrong.

But yeah, people should give money if they can spare it or help, just cos there are a few dodgy people....so what. They're human beings too.