Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Do Anarcho Punk 8-Track tapes exist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pistol Pete, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Member New Member

Dec 15, 2020
    Male , 37 years old
    Salt Lake City, Utah  United States
    So, I've been trying to find evidence of any anarcho punk eight track cassettes, but there doesn't seem to be any. If there aren't, then I won't be investing in an eight track player, but if there are, please share! I would love to hear anarcho punk through another vintage medium. The closest I could find to what I would like was stuff by The Clash, but I know major music labels dropped the eight track not too long after punk gained mainstream renown. I really wanted to find eight track cassettes that were more radical than the Clash.

2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Member New Member

Dec 15, 2020
    Male , 37 years old
    Salt Lake City, Utah  United States
    So I found out Dropdead released an 8 track tape! I might get an 8 track player eventually, after all!

3. Charger Bullet

Charger Bullet Experienced Member Experienced member

Feb 9, 2018
    Male
    Texas, United States  United States
    There were a couple of bands out on the northeast that I remember seeing they had a release on an 8-track cartridge. Violent Children and 76% Uncertain. (I don't know what "Anarcho Punk" means as a genre, really. To me it is just Punk and Hardcore Punk.)

Just go to Discogs and type "Punk" in the search bar then click on the Format section for "8-Track Cartridge". You have to just weed out the Chipmunks and the other irrelevant stuff but there is not a lot concerning 8-Tracks for Punk.

7 members have read this thread this month

1. Pistol Pete
  2. Red Menace
  3. punkmar77
  4. Charger Bullet
  5. Peter Punk
  6. aint ashamed
  7. celadrel