Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Desertion — Louis Lingg was the Same Age as Me (EP) — U$A

Discussion in 'Anarcho-Punk music albums downloads' started by Filler Distro, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Filler Distro

Filler Distro Member Forum Member

Nov 15, 2019
    Pennsylvania, United States  Romania
    [​IMG]

All proceeds from bandcamp go to The Big Idea anarchist infoshop in Pittsburgh, PA.
    Bandcamp

Louis Lingg was one of the Haymarket martyrs, a group of anarchists sentenced to death being accused of throwing a bomb at police during the Haymarket massacre.

Lingg's defense in court was basically "i couldn't have thrown that bomb because i was at home making more bombs" lol

After being sentenced to death, he addressed the court:

"I die happy on the gallows, so confident am I that the hundreds and thousands to whom I have spoken will remember my words. When you shall have hanged us, then they will do the bombthrowing! In this hope do I say to your honor: I despise you. I despise your order, your laws, your force propped authority. Now hang me for it."

Rather than let the state take his life the following day, Lingg bit down on a blasting cap he had smuggled into his cell & blew part of his face off. Lingg bled out in his prison cell for 6 hours - his last words were scrawled in his own blood across the walls,

"HURRAH FOR ANARCHY!"

Louis Lingg was 23.

LYRICS:
    sentenced to death In 1886 cos of the testimony Of a fucking snitch Louis Lingg, addresses the court “I die happy on the gallows, Remember my words I despise your force, I despise your laws, I despise your order Now hang me for it, Now hang me for it. November 10, 1887 the night before His execution He chose to rob The State’s satisfaction he took his own life it was his decision he bit down hard On a blasting cap This bomb was his last for six fucking hours his last words scrawled in his own blood Across the walls of his prison cell He was 23 He was the same age as me I swear, if I ever have the courage to kill myself I’ll take my life the way you did He was 23 He was the same age as me “Long live anarchy!”

4 members have read this thread this month

1. Filler Distro
  2. punkmar77
  3. Peter Punk
  4. fatburner