Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Dead Fingers Talk - Storm the Reality Studio + - (England)

Discussion in 'Other downloads' started by 1xAntifa, Dec 30, 2019.

1. 1xAntifa

1xAntifaExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia Australia
    CPunk Dead Fingers Talk.zip

To access hit zip extractor and enter your email. It should work. If not please PM me. It's costing me $$ and is pointless if I cannot share. If you download please give some feedback, a like, thumbs up or comment, so I can ascertain what to upload next. Thanks

Dead Fingers Talk Were late 1970s and Punk Rock band from Hull, UK WHO took Their name from the 1963 William S. Burroughs novel of the same name. What DFT set apart from the bridge of the British punk bands of the era was lead vocalist Bobo's Phoenix open homosexuality and his biting and sarcastic lyrics dealing with gay themes.
    Tom Robinson of the Tom Robinson Band was an early admirer of the band and wrote Subsequently his "Glad to Be Gay" single after listening to DFT's song "Nobody Loves You When You're Old and Gay." Dead Fingers Talk Their self-released Titled debut in 1978 before disbanding/

File

Storm The Reality Studios ... Plus

01 - Electric City
    02 - Nobody Loves You When You're Old And Gay
    03 - New Directions
    04 - Someone / Everyone
    05 - Storm The Reality Studios
    06 - Fight Our Way Out Of Here
    07 - We Got The Message
    08 - Everyday
    09 - Into The Future
    10 - Hold On To Rock 'N Roll
    11 - Can not Think Straight
    12 - This Crazy World
    13 - You Got The Power
    14 - What Should I Do
    15 - Feel The Rush
    16 - Only You
    17 - The Boyfriend
    18 - Does She Love Him
    19 - We Gotta Know

Bobo Phoenix, Vocals
    Jeff Parsons Guitar
    Andy Linklater, Bass
    Anthony Carter Drums

RECORD INFORMATION

Storm The Reality Studios
    Release Date : 1978

Recorded and mixed at Tapestry Studios Overdubs and Additional Mixing at Pye Number 2 Studios. And at Eden StudiosIssued containing 11x11" double-sided Insert, with song lyrics. Original issues also come with a Pye Records advertising inner sleeve, promoting other Pye and associated label releases of the time.Track A4 is titled :- "Someone/Everyone" on the Sleeve "Someone, Everyone" o
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

Dead Fingers Talk Biography

British band from the late 1970's, originally based in Hull, Yorkshire.
    The band takes its name from the William S. Burroughs novel, Dead Fingers Talk.

Band members: Andy Linklater, Bobo Phoenix, Jeff Parsons (2), Anthony Carter (3)
    ---

Dead Fingers Talk were a late 1970s punk rock band from Hull, UK who took their name from the 1963 William S. Burroughs novel of the same name. What set DFT apart from most of the British punk bands of the era was lead vocalist Bobo Phoenix's open homosexuality and his biting and sarcastic lyrics dealing with gay themes. DFT played a brand of gritty punk a bit more removed from that of their British peers and fitting in more with the American Bowery scene. British singer Tom Robinson of the Tom Robinson Band was an early admirer of the band and subsequently wrote his "Glad to Be Gay" single after listening to DFT's song "Nobody Loves You When You're Old and Gay". Dead Fingers Talk released their self-titled debut in 1978 before disbanding.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Pye Records

Also appears as "Pye" only.
    For all unofficial / bootleg copies of this label please use l455637
    Pye Records was a British record label whose best known artists included The Kinks, The Searchers, Donovan, Sandie Shaw, and Petula Clark. The Pye Company originally sold televisions and radios and entered the record business when it bought l209298 Records in 1953. In 1955, Pye acquired Polygon Records, a label that had been established by Petula Clark's father to control distribution of her recordings, and merged it with Nixa Records to form l196211. In 1959, the name was changed to Pye Records and ATV acquired 50% of the label. ATV bought the other half of the business in 1966. Two subsidiaries were created during the sixties: l57969 and l43698. They were replaced by l38695 in the seventies. Pye also had several series and sub-labels, such as Pye International and Pye Jazz.

As of September 1980 the rights to the name Pye expired and the label was renamed to PRT Records.

Label code: LC 0315

Pye UK 7"s belong to
    - the 7N.15000 series (September 1955 - November 1965) and
    - the 7N.17000 series (November 1965 - November 1970) and
    - the 7N.45000 series (November 1970 - June 1977) and
    - the 7N.46000 series (June 1970 - June 1979);
    Pye UK EPs belong to the NEP 24000 series (1959-1968),
    Pye UK 12"s belong to the 7NL 45000 and 7NL 46000 series (1977-1979)
    Pye UK LPs belong to
    - the NPL 18000 series (mono, 1957-1970) and the NSPL 18000 series (stereo, 1970-1980) and
    - the NSPL 41000 series (1971-1977).
    Read More...

RECOMMENDED BANDS SIMILAR TO Dead Fingers Talk

Black Randy & the Metrosquad

Wayne County & The Electric Chairs

Johnny Moped

The Cortinas

The Carpettes
  2. The Hat

The HatExperienced Member Experienced member

I finally get to hear this band. Years ago, on another forum now since down, somebody I used to chat with sent me a recording of a band called The Monsters that was bootlegged live at The Bridgehouse on the east end of London. The band consisted of members of Dead Fingers Talk, along with former members of Slaughter and The Dogs. Unfortunately, I no longer have this recording due to technical difficulties concerning my first computer, but the music was a good example of early British punk, with a few old Slaughter numbers mixed in with some originals which harken a bit back to British glitter like Slade and Ziggy era Bowie,

So it's a safe bet that I'll eventually give this a listen.

3. 1xAntifa

1xAntifaExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia Australia
    I don't think you"ll be disappointed.

7 members have read this thread this month

1. 1xAntifa
  2. The Hat
  3. punkmar77
  4. clink
  5. rejects
  6. CULTO DEL CARGO