Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

D.I.Y punk/hc fanzine Chaotik' Revenge online

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by chaotik, Mar 4, 2013.

1. chaotik

chaotik Member Forum Member

Aug 18, 2010

I started doing my fanzine called Chaotik's Revenge eleven years back. It was a cut 'n' paste d.i.y punk/hardcore fanzine. First only in Dutch (My native language), and when it started to spread around the globe i started writing in English.

I did split zines with Gran Peligro (Phillipines) and Ploppy Pants (Scotland)

Alas the internet got bigger and bigger and many zine writers started releasing there zines online. It got people intrested since the selling of a paper fanzine became a difficuilt quest at times as I slowly gave up. Besides, many people started to prefer nice and neat lay-out magezines, not that chaotic cut 'n' paste fanzine stuff. (Let's be clear that i know there are still die-hard fanzines lovers out there!)

But now this old geezer found her way to the free blogs, so i took the chance to do my fanzine online as well. Hoping it will reach the people who care and make my life a bit easier along the way.

The downside is the punk scene lost an other old school fanzine, but it saves me stress, maybe one day again, i will start again, but for now i'll leave you with my new blog. Read it and if you like it, subscribe.

It is just starting out, so it is not topped full of articles, interviews yet, but it will be. Just stay tuned!

http://chaotiksrevenge.wordpress.com

2. saph

saph Active Member Forum Member

Feb 28, 2013

Seems really cool, would you be interested in reviewing my band new album?

3. chaotik

Aug 18, 2010

Sure! Can i download it somewhere, or would you prefer me to review not just the recordings, but the whole record. I can do it both ways. Just let me know what you like.

4. saph

Feb 28, 2013

5. chaotik

Aug 18, 2010

Thanks for giving me the chance to review your band!
    Listening to it right now. I like it. In 2 days i have som free time. I will the review online than, ok?

6. saph

Feb 28, 2013

sure! just let me know when you're done :)

7. chaotik

Aug 18, 2010

I put the review online.
    Spread the word!

8. saph

Feb 28, 2013

Thanks a lot! glad to read you enjoyed the album. I posted your review on our FB page and will post it on our website in a day or two :)

9. chaotik

Aug 18, 2010

Nice! Thank you.
    Let me know if you ever tour Holland, maybe i can fix something for you!

I also have an article ready ''The dirty business of GMO's'' so for the ones who care, go and read!

10. chaotik

Aug 18, 2010

Been a busy bee with my blog these days. I have added

More record reviews
    A gig review of What The Blood Reveals and Container
    2 articles, one about Landgrabbing and one about the Pussyriot movement
    3 interviews. 2 interviews with local organic/permaculture initiatives in my hometown and a band interview with the german D-Beat machine FINISTERRE.

http://chaotiksrevenge.wordpress.com/

If you like it you can subcribe to my blog and this way you keep updated everytime i put something on it. You can subcribe via email or via wordpress.com

11. chaotik

Aug 18, 2010

12. chaotik

Aug 18, 2010

added 3 new topics lately.

A gig review about a hardcore show in my hometown with Striking Justice, Grown Cold and 2 more.

2 columns. 1 about the 5th of May. The day that the Netherlands celibratesthe liberation of nazi Germany and 1 column about how punkrock saved my life.

13. saph

Feb 28, 2013

Really enjoyed the Active Minds interview! Just let me know if you'd like to do a Secular Plague interview someday.