Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Copwatch

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by ungovernable, May 20, 2010.

1. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

Fucking cops are in my school. They sniff out students who are having a lot of fun and snorting crack and so they use fear to encourage students to not break the law. I am so glad it is summer break. Cops are all around the poor working class neighborhood where 1919 Hemphill is a Infoshop and music venue. I think cops are around working class neighborhoods more than the rich neighborhoods is because the police bully the working class and beat up on the homeless and also because there is a lot of African Americans in that neighborhood and the police do not like African Americans and patrol them because they are the majority of police are white so the police beat up African Americans and are greedy bastards who drain the working class of their money.
    FUCK THE POLICE!

2. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Was at the Kelly Thomas police brutality Demo today in Fullerton. Good turnout, around 500 people. I hope this continues to grow, and those cops get the same fate they gave to this innocent man.

Hundreds protest death of Kelly Thomas
    http://www.ocregister.com/news/thomas-3 ... kelly.html

Police Brutality Cover Up FAILS as Thomas' father turns down $900,000
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/08/0 ... via=stream

This one made me cry.
    Kelly Thomas: Another Story of What is Wrong with the Mental Health System
    http://www.theliberaloc.com/2011/08/05/ ... th-system/

Another Black man was killed by San Francisco police this month for skipping out of a 2 dollar public transit fee.
    http://global14.com/san-francisco-polic ... y-16-2011/

Too many cops, too little justice. Definitely bumping my "Fuck the police" playlist today.

3. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Me too, what a nightmare coming true and Kelly Thomas isn't the only one who had to go thru hell.

4. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

pics

5. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

6. nike

nike Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

7. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Hell yes J.C....

FPD Brass need to have their asses handed to them by the community, they hired Officer Ciccinelli knowing full well he was a psychologically damaged human being and they must answer for their crimes...period.

8. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

I know it's a bit of a travel from SD, but are you gonna come? The last one I went to there was a few too many assholes with the Don't Tread on Me Flag, we need your syndicalist flag out there.

9. ViciousCesar!

ViciousCesar! Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 27, 2011

Hell yeah, I'll try to make it out.

10. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

11. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I'm sorry JC but my plate overfloweth at the moment, I really wish I could be at this one, unfortunately forces beyond my control have obligated me to concentrate 100% on rehabilitating my right hand from injury...you stand in for me and give them no quarter!

12. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Will do.

13. nike

nike Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

The following ratios were compiled using data from 2004 National Safety Council Estimates, a report based on data from The National Center for Health Statistics and the U.S. Census Bureau. In addition, 2003 mortality data from the Center for Disease Control was used.
    http://newsblaze.com/story/200902211001 ... story.html

14. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Hooray for media sensationalism.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... homas.html

But really though, if these are actual threats, and isn't all fabricated by the FPD in order to discredit protesters, and sympathizers, I hope they at least are keeping those fuckers up at night.

15. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Btw, if anyone is interested, the Justice for Kelly Thomas Demo's that take place in Fullerton CA, happen every Saturday starting at 9am, and I think it goes til 3pm. Many people are vowing to be there every weekend until these killer cops are punished justly. I'm trying to make it to as many as possible. Tomorrow I'll be out there with my homemade sign "F.P.D., Kill yourselves (instead)" (E) (U) (A) :peace: <3. If anyone here happens to read this, and be there tomorrow, that is what my sign will say, so don't be afraid to walk up to me and be like "hey, I'm so and so from APN"

16. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

"a bomb will go off in your place soon"
    i remain cautiously optimistic.

17. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Cops Vs. Cameras: The Killing of Kelly Thomas & The Power of New Media

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7YFKm9gnKo[/video]

18. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Kelly Thomas: D.A. charges two officers with murder, manslaughter
    September 21, 2011 | 11:16 am

[​IMG]

Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas announces that criminal charges will be filed against Fullerton police officer Manuel Ramos

Two Fullerton police officers have been criminally charged in the violent confrontation that left a homeless man dead, Orange County Dist. Atty. Tony Rackauckas announced Wednesday.

Charges against police in homeless man’s death Officer Manuel Ramos has been charged with second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter in connection with the beating of 37-year-old Kelly Thomas, a homeless schizophrenic man. Officer Jay Cicinelli has been charged with involuntary manslaughter and excessive use of force.

Document: Charges against police

Rackauckas said the department reviewed 151 witness statements, videos of the beating, medical reports and police statements.

The district attorney's office had been awaiting the coroner's determination on the cause of death before deciding whether to file charges.

Photos: Kelly Thomas death

Officers approached Kelly Thomas on July 5 at the bus depot in downtown Fullerton while responding to a report of someone trying to break into cars. According to witness accounts, Thomas ran when officers attempted to search his bag. Exactly what happened next is unclear, but witnesses said they saw multiple officers hitting Kelly and shooting him with a Taser while he was on the ground.

Officials from the district attorney's office have said they were awaiting toxicology and other test results from the coroner before making a decision on the case. That report was handed over to the district attorney's office Tuesday, but the findings were not made public.

Thomas, a 37-year-old homeless man with schizophrenia, was a regular presence in downtown Fullerton. He died five days after the confrontation, after being removed from life support.

Earlier this month, an attorney representing the Thomas family released hospital records that showed Thomas had tested negative for drugs and alcohol and that the immediate cause of death was "brain death" due to "head trauma" from the incident.

The hospital records released showed that he suffered brain injuries, a shattered nose, a smashed cheekbone, broken ribs and severe internal bleeding. Thomas also had been shocked with a stun gun "multiple" times, including in the left chest near the heart, the records showed.

Thomas' father, Ron, has been pushing the district attorney's office to file charges against the officers, and the case has sparked a furious reaction, including weekly protests outside the police station and a recall campaign against three City Council members.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... arges.html

19. ViciousCesar!

ViciousCesar! Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 27, 2011

It's good to hear that 2 of them are being charged. But there are still 3 more who partook in the beating that should be charged.