Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Consume Less, Make Better Decisons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ASA, Jan 12, 2010.

1. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

As an a anarchist you can discern that the things you consume can be directly linked to you're stance you have on no govt for the corruption it implies and yes anarchy is organised, it is not chaos, the orginal greek word does not denote that

if anything we have a form of chaos now, they also call it 'globilisation', another form of slavery: which we got rid of in one facet but racism ensues, they love to steal and make up new meanings for words when language is one of the most powerful weapons you can use, so they don't own it

make other choices due to this, do not accept the status quo, question all the time, don't be a-hole about it

this is thought, not facetious to those who already know and not sarcastic to those who don't but it seems the same thing pops up: 'that it doesn't matter' when in reality it does when the govt screws with you this is why, 'absolute power corrupts aboslutely', people fought for the 8 hour werking day in chicago when people use to work 16 or longer while eraning very little and we continue, in wiser and better ways to come together and swipe them away like shooeing away a fly, sometimes its a pain but in the end the means meet the ends, we are the people, it is up to us

2. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Dude, no offence, but I fail to catch your drift...

3. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

Really, it's in english ya cheeky bugger haha, this is explaining what anarchy is even at it's basis when people say things like,
    "what!?, we can't stop consuming" or "how does it matter?"...

Consume less as alot of things are directly linked to government, really, and those cops who harass you for being you or the school system, education isn't bad, the way it is setup is.

Make better decisons about alternatives to your consumption, don't take what they give you, d.i.y. bla, how does it affect the earth or others? as the earths ecology and people in society sustain each other, you need four basic things to survive: food, water, shelter and clothes.

If your getting down to the nitty griity, you can grow, hunt your food.

They charge people for water while wasting it in industry with impunity, it is a tenet of survival, society denotes it should be free except for industry not the other way round.

You can build your own shelter and with help from others can have a house not just a home as it were but clothes have been spun and made by individuals and real not imaginary money societies for centuries, or be a nudist aha.

We don't want to be boring or draconian as humans are endeavoring beings but often our endeavours are hindered by the minority controlling resources, you can say No by directly not participating, there are options, always.

4. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I admire your tenacity, ASA, and the longer I read your thoughts the more familiar your speech patterns are. You know I agree with about 90% of the things you say though sometimes you start to speak some sort of slang/jive and I think its because you are probably very intelligent and your writing has a hard time keeping up with your rapid thought process, but I could be full of shit...haha. That said, I understand how you feel about consumerism and I appreciate your words, though you can be a little repetitive at times and when you are I think the kids just tune you out RE: the Video Games Thread. I want to tell you that it's not always possible to push my politics on all around me sometimes for the sake of love or peace I have to bend a little. Do I like it? No. But I don't want to force my views on people all the time...just 96% of the time....ha. I also want to say that in the future I will be a lot more careful about my choices in Movie watching because you are right, I don't want any of my hard earned dinero going to places that I revile.

5. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

thanks, not about me haha, mite as well use a hammer if people trudge out lines like 'we can't stop consuming' which is what and why the title implies: consume less and make better decisions about what you consume as there are ALWAYS other options, better ones even, be pragmatic, move forward, know whats 'evil 'and ok and awesome ie: not or far less damaging to u and others and that means ya better read up on the little a to z book of anarchy, it is truly little ,or ya lossst

'u gotta have plans to build a house generally'

6. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

Maintain an open mind while doing a little reading up on anarchism, ask questions, answer them yourself or be coopted.