Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

CNT or IWA flags ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ungovernable, Jul 24, 2010.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    i doubt AK press will accept to print custom flags

but i asked the owner of this website:
    http://poisonedcandy.com/catalog-raan.html

and he can print custom flags, so it might work for the CNT flag if eve's DIY fails

either way, i'll ask poisoned candy to make me a flag with conflict logo (the band) .... now i just need to find the logo in big size, it will be hard..

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (I believe this is a Diego Rivera image)

[​IMG]

3. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
  4. gobbledigook

gobbledigook Member Forum Member

Aug 3, 2010

hi there,

I mailed poisonedcandy too, but I'm still waiting for a response, maybe I mailed them too late in the afternoon and missed the office hours because of the time difference between western europe and the american continent. I used this official communist@graffiti.net < communist@graffiti.net> address - if you have a more direct way to mail them please tell me.

concerning the conflict logo: if you show me a picture of the version you are looking for I can search for it too...

Vassils g/f found the circled feline-CNT logo big sized in black on a white background with google's picture search, I tried to enlarge it on my professional scanner at the job, and I think i got the right size for the flag - so the processing file is no problem at all.

She also found some CNT-merchandise, t-shirts and key fobs - maybe there's more to be found, she only mailed me the pictures, but I will visit "dial house" this evening and tell you the relevant websites.

the ear I threw around returned with three agreements to do the project on a non-profit basis, we can make five till ten flags at no cost at all and I have the details of the technology they use - sounds quite promising I think. :ecouteurs:

5. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    i used the email poisonedcandyrecords@gmail.com

i'm looking for this one
    [​IMG]

but i doubt i'll find it in large size so this logo would do it
    [​IMG]

or this oi polloi image would be cool too... but i doubt i'll find it in bigger size
    [​IMG]

6. gobbledigook

gobbledigook Member Forum Member

Aug 3, 2010

hi,
    blackpool caused some kind of exodus around here, so I and my car were pulled into the breach, talking with conflict: Now You've Put Your Foot in It... its fun and I will continue to work with them, but right now I'm still deadbeat and I have to admit that I've done nothing in the flag project in the last two days.

but today I've studied the email-replies, now the technical details are clear, minimum dpi are 350, jpg, pfd, gif is enough and the average scale for the template is 1:10, colour limits are 4 per template- no problem with the CNT flags, we already have good templates in the right size and we might even try to enhance them further.

the same applies to your 2nd logo, its just to "easy" to be a problem, while the other two, especially the first one are much too detailed to simply enlarge them.

but I caught fire, always liked Oi Polloi too, so I decided to get a professional interpolation tool for the computer, too bad that we can't use the program I use at my job, but the licence limits are too strict. its only a matter of time to get one from the net, we'll see. the one I threw my eye on allows enlargement up to 1:1000 without visible loss...

the blackpool rebels will return around monday, Vassil and I will visit two of the professional fabric printers after their return next week, just to see how the printers work and we will take every finished template with us, in case its possible to print them right on the spot. (English!...)

Eve is still working on her DIY-flag, but she mentioned that the flag is getting too heavy for practical use, using three tear-proof layers of fabric on the cat in the center, with seams close to eachother stiffens the center too much...

charley horsed like I am I've to crawl back to bed, at eve its time for the next session of collective progress...

7. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

8. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    So basically you are telling me that you can take a small image and resize it to 350dpi (which would be 3500x3500 for a t-shirt so i imagine for a flag it would be really HUGE) without a lot of quality loss ? How the hell are you doing that ? I always have to resize some images to make t-shirts but the only way i know is by resizing it on the computer with photoshop or something

Code:
    but today I've studied the email-replies, now the technical details are clear, minimum dpi are 350, jpg, pfd, gif is enough and the average scale for the template is 1:10, colour limits are 4 per template- no problem with the CNT flags, we already have good templates in the right size and we might even try to enhance them further.
    i suck at maths, what would be the exact size in pixels needed for optimal quality ?

if you give me the name of the program i can try to find a pirate version of it ;) nothing is impossible

Well it's not a big problem, i will still be able to hang it on my wall !

wow i didn't know that.... too bad, a lot of images for the t-shirts we are selling were resized using a shitty resize program (like in paint shop pro) and we put a little contrast to hide the loss of quality and blur

but i'm still skeptical... if the image is really small there will be quality loss

9. AnarchistRoyG

AnarchistRoyG Active Member Forum Member

Aug 3, 2010

Can you contact me in PM's on this site and maybe we can work something out where I can ship it to you? Do you use PayPal? I could try to get a nice one made for you, too.

- Anarchist Roy G.

10. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

No, the "model"-template for the professional printers we will visit next week should be minimum 1:10 for the size, 350 DPI (pixel) density and an average limit on four colours. important is the density of the pixels, not the number of pixels used vertical/horizontal. The professional take a scan of the model and calculate the ten times larger "flag" from this small template, I was very surprised to learn of these low defaults, that's why we will take a look ourselves, but I guess it's just their professional use of interpolation software like this program: genuine-fractals 6.0.

The logarithm of this program is recalculating the pixels for enlargement, not only enlarging the pixels themselves, it evaluates their proportion and computes a new grid with multiplied pixels - so the overall enlargement is lossless.
    basically it's the same principle used in gaphic programs but much more advanced...
    And a big disadvantage is, that you need photoshop... but the photoexamples on the following page are quite amazing:
    (and this is only version 3.0 - the actual is 6.0)
    www.americaswonderlands.com/digital_pho ... lation.htm

There is a trial download in English at:
    genuine-fractals.softonic.de/
    www.ononesoftware.de/Genuine-Fractals-6 ... il_98.html

I'm already downloading this cute little thing at the ol'pirate bay, (pro-version about 237 MB) there is also something on rapidshare, but we have already toomuch traffic on this poor old machine, I guess it will take 2 or 3 days to download it.
    I will share it in a "decent" way, but again: You need photoshop, and that's a big one to DL...
    If you can use it for your t-shirts, well, it's just another side effect

Well, Eve is still ambitious to make a riotproof flag with DIY fabrics, I think she should use thinner industrial material, humble amateur that I am - but it's her project, so we'll see... She already provided us with the additional measurements
    for the eyelets/loops and a tough seaming around the borders of the print version, so whatever comes up in the end will be indestructible...

11. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    oh i see, thanks for the link.... yeah the quality seems to be better with genuine fractals and i think i understand now.... the image size have to be at least 1:10 since genuine fractals can resize it to 1000%

but i suck at maths and i still don't unserstand what would be the pixel size needed.... you said 350 DPI, but how many inches is needed for the template ?

12. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    answer from poison candy dude:

17/19.5 is really small.....

13. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

For the flags the template has to be 1:10, assuming your 5 x 3 feet proposal this is 154,2 cm x 92,52 cm - germony uses the decimal system...
    So the template has 15,42 cm x 9,252 - in inches: 6,08 x 3,63.
    I'm not sure if it makes sense to multiply the inches with "350 DPI" ('cause DPI is about the density per square inch), so 87,5 would be the average number of pixels used on one side of the square inch.
    Multiplied with 15,42 x 9,252 the measurement of pixels would be: 1349,25 x 726,282.
    Sound reasonable, but I'm not the printing expert, the real man will show up this evening and when he does, I will drag him to the computer...

I guess it's in inches - so it would be 43,18 cm x 49,43 cm - really small.
    From what I've seen from Gobbledigooks contacts, the minimum size they can do is 90 cm x 120 cm, so I guess it's an equipment problem 'cause they need printers "big" enough to do the flag job... we'll be back later!

14. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    ok i get it, sounds logical

yeah 1349x726 is reasonnable, it's going to be easy

yeah the dude from poison candy said he doesn't have big screens for the printer so that's why he can only print small designs

15. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
  17. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Silly tossers

18. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    [​IMG]

For the purists and elitists who don't think the music has anything to do with anarchism, a CNT sponsored (mostly) Punk show.....

19. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    in france the CNT organize a lot of punk show

btw, vassily what happenned to you ? you haven't been online since a while, are you still alive ? :p

20. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

hi, I'm lil', vassils g/f - he's still alive (at least I hope), but he got busted in france at some little riots in paris two weeks ago. nothing spectacular, the main problem seemed to be that he and gobble are germans when they got arrested they took up a little sport and devastated two cells at the police prison. so they got three weeks of arrest for destroying "public property - I guess his old punk habits got him a bit...
    we'll try to bail him out this week, together with a lawyer who is a friend of us, she's convinced the french are just to pleased to get rid of the two as soon as possible...
    I guess he'll report back if he's out, lets hope this week - pasaremos!