Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Chinese Delegation

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by SOADcore, Apr 16, 2011.

1. SOADcore

SOADcoreExperienced Member Experienced member

Mar 29, 2011

There's gonna be at a Chinese Delgation coming to my Highschool and the Staff wants to show them one of our computer labs with a bunch of students working in it.

Anything I should do? ;)

2. JesusCrust

JesusCrustExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Re: Chinese Delgation

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused by this post...

3. SOADcore

SOADcoreExperienced Member Experienced member

Mar 29, 2011

Re: Chinese Delgation

A bunch of Chinese officals (I assume for Education, I don't really know) are going to my school and the school wants to use my Social Studies class as propaganda for them because we are "Enriched" (slightly harder material) and we would be using a full computer lab that the school has. (I guess China doesn't have Computers? I don't fucking know)

I don't really want to be used for propaganda purposes so, I don't know what to do?

Feeling fucking tired right now, sorry about the confusion.

4. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

if you google on your computer for "human rights in china", "amnesty international/china" ect., you find lots of reasons for something to do: 4 - 6000 executions per year, millions of political prisoners, massive repression down to the last private spheres, economic exploitation of millions of children, support for aggressive regimes like north-korea, massive enviromental pollution...
    too bad that the chinese are used to protests and won't loose more than a smile:
    but maybe it's a fine opportunity to learn a bit for yourself and spread some of your google findings amonst your class mates! GOOD LUCK if you do something! \m/

edit: i forgot:
    they have millions of computers - and cut off the international web-connections during the recent uprisings in north africa and the near east - and i guess you find lots of articles about the chinese military and police permanently controlling the flow of information reaching china via the net :o