Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Cheap but wrong?

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by FrozenSOul, Dec 30, 2019.

1. FrozenSOul

FrozenSOul New Member New Member

Dec 27, 2019
    Attica, Greece  Greece
    Hello fellows,
    I really want to set a question here and see a lot of different views on this topic.
    So my question this:
    Say for example i want to buy a pair of shoes...buying from a local shop and support this particular small bussines is good ofcourse but what do i do when the same item or much similar item is listed in one big shop like H&M?
    I mean we are ofcourse not rich,thankfully,so what shall we do then? Buy from the rich that costs less money FOR ME or buy from a small bussines but pay more myself?
    I mean i know ofcourse tha big companies mistreat the workers and stuff but i really want to see the different views on this
    Greetings from Greece

2. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    Buy from the local shop when you can, as one should always support their local business, but if you're short on cash, and you really need those shoes, then sometimes the devil must be paid their due. After all, unless you're syphoning gas from a police car, that gas tank isn't going to fill itself.

3. 1xAntifa

1xAntifa Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia  Australia
    Support local business as your 1st and best option. It helps support your community via keeping profits there and keeps employment local. Developing a relationship with local stores also generates goodwill between you and the people working there. I've gotten freebies, advice,.assistance and discounts on that account. Sure I may pay a bit more but that is more than balanced by the benefits of buying local bring. Comglomerates are just profit seeking hoovers that destroy employment, ship their profits into tax havens and attack working condition/entitlements.